Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

Hi,

can we PLEASE get a NO DVD patch in 1.05? PLEASE!

thank you for all your hard work.

Yeah I totally forgot about this securom eats up a shit load of resources while in use, please BIS give us a no CD patch and we got to validate it when we patch up :)

Things I forgot:

I dont understand but why does my soldier put his gun down when I issue my sqaud to attack or something, it gets me killed alot I tell them to attack and my gun goes down through the whole entire order and than it pops back up, please GET RID OF THIS!!!! :mad: :mad:

Was driving around with a tank the other day and its very cool that the grass gets flattened. It is especially cool on Namalsk as it really shows when you driven through the lush grass.

However, the time the grass is down is too short IMO. It comes back up after a minute roughly. Couldnt we get it to be down for a couple of minutes instead? This way we can really use it during scouting etc.

Alex

Speaking of Tanks Alex, those damn things are immortal to rockets in the front, I know they're heavily armored in the front but 6 rockets!!!??

Replace HP with the old Vehicle Destruction system BIS. :yay:

Please, for the love of God, solve the particle scaling "bug". :)

Thats not a bug, it is optimalisation feature.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

1.Hold Fire-Bug fixed,Units hold fire if they are told to

It is not bug it is designed to be like that - they hold fire until they are threatened. If they will not return fire they will just die, AI knows that enemy aims on him..

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Bring back ArmA 1.14 performance!

Arma2 engine is more optimised and faster than Arma1. To find that simply try arma1 islands in arma2. Also addons are more optimised in Arma2 (shaders, amount of textures)

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

patch 1.4 actually made my gameplay worse. ever since i downloaded it my game has been freezing every 30 seconds.

Check your windows and services running on background at the same time with arma2.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

* Please fix the driver head in russian "КамÐЗ" truck (~[kama:z]). The head of the driver is at the ceiling! You cannot see what is left and right from the cabin !!! Have you even been inside KamAZ ???

Kamaz mesh is correct scale, cabine and seats are well modeled, but soldiers are very tall. Press NUM2 to lower your view. Unfortunately engine does not suport other than initial horisontal view now.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Config :

Please BIS, could you configure for the AV-8 the same VTOL as the F-35.

Thank you.

No as the Harrier has not the same powerfull engine as F-35B. Loaded Harrier is not able to start verticaly in RL.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Please put access to everything into the editor I cannot place an LHD to save my life right now.

LHD is not a vehicle, it is a "structure" in the game.

The way wheeled vehicles drive at present state simply feels wrong. It's unresponsive and very prone to oversteering. A1 had it pretty good for keyboard+mouse.

Please don't force the primary mouse button to perform actions in the action menu. It's clumsy to have an action menu that prevents such a basic function as firing your weapon, not to mention frustrating to accidentally switch to binoculars/rocket launcher when an enemy appears in front of you.

CQB - Ability to set what level in a building a bad guy is. More buildings with actual rooms we could place them in.

AI- A working version of find cover so they actually look for cover behind the line of fire not in front.

- Group awareness so one group can tell another group they are under attack etc.

- Sniper AI so they 'go prone' and attack you at the range of the weapon (1kish!)

FPS - improve fps in cities its very poor atm.

CQB - Ability to set what level in a building a bad guy is. More buildings with actual rooms we could place them in.

I hope they will rework at least some of the existing buildings, adding interiors and opening the doors. This would add quite much to chernarus. And hopefully most buildings on the OA islands will be accessible from start.

Sometimes we have a strange bug when a gamer becomes "immortal" and can't get in a vehicle.

So far we can't catch this bug but it looks like this situation happens after jumping out of vehicle that will be destroyed in next moment by missile or shell. Probably programm can't determine status of the gamer if there are lags in the moment, because this problem has one gamer with higher ping.

Edited by Starshina(RUS)

Sometimes we have a strange bug when a gamer becomes "immortal" and can't get in a vehicle.

So far we can't catch this bug but it looks like this situation happens after jumping out of vehicle that will be destroyed in next moment by missile or shell. Probably programm can't determine status of the gamer if there are lags in the moment, because this problem has one gamer with higher ping.

Yes, I saw such problem repeatedly after destroy vehicles.

The player became immortal and could not enter to ANYONE technics after that.

Here's an actual bug to fix:

selectWeapon doesn't work with G36A and G36K. Their own classname doesn't work and they don't have a different muzzle name listed. Adding the weapons with a script command results in a blank weapon selection.

Remove the fps cap, and fix the ingame options so they infact physically reflect what they are actually set to.

like telling 3 to get on side weapons

agreed, it would be good to be able to order guys to exact seats in vehicles (left/right gun seat etc)

telling them just drive/fly in a direction???

also agreed, maybe with a range too?

order

. move direction

.. facing (that way), n, ne, e, se, s, sw, w, nw

... keep going (forever), 50m, 100m, 250m, 500m etc

could even have it able to stack the move orders up as waypoints, could be very handy for creating flanking orders and the like.

. i.e. move 50m west

. then move 50m north west

. then move 100m north east

(although for flanking, there really should be a single 'flank right/left' command which (unlike the current flank left/right commands) actually executes a flanking maneuver (not just offset the guys right/left)... consider that a request too ;))

can we PLEASE get a NO DVD patch in 1.05? PLEASE!

that will never happen, but.... how about having it so the game will actually start with no dvd, but... will also start to fade (as if pirated), the user simply needs to insert the dvd occasionally to reset the fade?

Please, for the love of God, solve the particle scaling "bug".

Thats not a bug, it is optimalisation feature.

Yeah, I've been told that it's an overdraw feature, but the effect is that particle sizes are limited, and that zooming in/optics allow you to see through particle clusters.

However, I appreciate that as my mod seems to be the only one affected, it's probably not going to change :)

Here's an actual bug to fix:

selectWeapon doesn't work with G36A and G36K. Their own classname doesn't work and they don't have a different muzzle name listed. Adding the weapons with a script command results in a blank weapon selection.

To make selectweapon work with G36A, G36K and M4 M203 RCO you need to use "muzzlefar", and "m4_acog_muzzle". I found that by using a loop in a test mission to see all config entries for weapons.

Hi all,

I think it's the good place for my request,please BIS read,this topic...

1) Fix the problems with GTX295,the game will fly with this VGA...

2) FIx the Weapons,so the campaign mode you can choose all the weapons you want, before tackling a mission, as was done in OPF: Cold War Crisis, please, please.Include varied types of ammunition for the weapons.

3)Include the fog and the physics,for all the game.

4)Please make the fix that we wrote in these pages and you will have an unparalleled gaming

Another couple of things I'd like to see fixed - I'd love it if the AI vehicles didnt go storming through my infantry formation, running half my men over & having me frantically trying to revive them all :rolleyes:

Also it would be great if AI team mates & high command vehicles would stop going off on their own missions, completely ignorning any orders I try to give them! I was just playing a mission where I had an APC attached to my team in high command mode, & if it gets destroyed the missions aborts, anyhow the APC suddenly went storming off towards an enemy AT squad about a mile away & wouldnt respond to any of my orders to move back to safety, inevitably it got blown up & I lost the mission, very frustrating!

The only thing I currently see wrong in ArmA II on my rig is the AI's driving ability... Its the only thing that frustrates me in this game. If the AI is driving in a convoy and it is approaching a turn, instead of slowing down to make the turn it veers off to one side suddenly to loose speed, then once it has stopped it will either steer back onto the path, or back up and then get back on track...:mad: It's almost funny as you watch every single vehicle in the convoy make the same mistake, but it's also annoying...

The AI driving has always been terrible in the ArmA series, but I was hoping when I bought ArmA II it would be fixed... It's not a terrible issue, but I've been dealing with it since I bought the game over 6 months ago and it just gets a little old when the AI can't make a turn or stay in a convoy...:(

Aside from that, the only thing I'd like to see in the next patch is some new content, like in the 1.14 patch for ArmA 1. Maybe some new missions, units, or maybe even a few new vehicles (*cough* ch-46 *cough*). I'm quite serious when I say this, just look at how many people refer to the 1.14 patch as being an awesome one... It fixed performance issues, added a new multiplayer mode, and added a bunch of new vehicles that were missing from the game, and mostly everybody loved it! There's a lesson to learn from that patch...;)

(also, I'm not complaining about this game, it's my favorite game of all time! I've just always wanted the driving to be fixed since I bought ArmA 1 in '07!) :p

AI and preformance are the biggest concerns here BIS, I hope this next patch fixes alot of preformance problems and AI's faults and expands on AI development since they resemble idiots when not scripted! :mad:

It would be nice if BIS made sure each gametype had necessary options with them in MP with Bots or PVP, being able to add more bots from the Lobby would be a great and simple fix for me BIS :), IE Capture the Flag for example make it so the AI will actually fight over your flag and grab it and score.

Basically since Im not a heavy scripter, I would like BIS to work on the AI so they have basic combat tactics/logic without even touching the Inits of the units, they should be able to make use of assets, cover, buildings ammo etc to there will, and they should never just sit at spawn when its a CTF game.

If BIS does this, the gameplay would be that much better and me and my mates can play MP without having the hassle of adding scripts for the AI to do common sense actions. :D

I don't necessarily demand this for 1.05 but these things need some serious consideration.

1) Instead of kicking someone out of the server for having non-allowed addons, why not just automatically disable that addon while on the server. It would save lots of frustration and playing around with mod folders.

2) Make addons downloadable on servers and instantly usable in MP like in all other fps games. Missions with small individual addons are completely useless in public play because most players don't know which addons are needed and the rest can't be bothered to find the addons just to play a single mission.

Addons are going to waste in the multiplayer scene because it's too hard to successfully join a mission that uses addons. It's paradoxical to have a game with such a big mod community and make it nearly impossible to use those mods and addons in multiplayer. Games that have better addon handling in MP have almost no mod community to speak of so I can't help but think that something is backwards.

Edited by Celery

Slight thing: extend place where we can find mark "open door/gate". Sometimes it is problem to open a gate and you should move around to catch the option.

I would quite like it if BIS endorsed some of the best & most stable mods out there & introduced them as an easily installable pack in a future patch, im really not great with getting them to work!

Stop AI gunners from changing weapons to what they think you should fire when using manual fire.

Remove FFAR's from selectable weapons for gunners.

FIX the parachute then you die before you hit the ground bug. THATS REALLY REALLY annoying. I just about gave the game up after creating a simple para.sqs. I had the Allied troops jump out and half of them died in mid -air before touching the ground, doesnt seem to happen around certain areas of chenerus like near airfields it doesnt seem to happen as much. But if you pick a random area to jump out of the plane your allied Ai buddies die before hitting or even touching the ground. IT MUST BE FIXED. Even in the single player campaign sometimes getting out of the helicopter after Manhatton mission you die hopping out.

I dont have that many issues other than that with the Ai. I find when approaching Ai for a mission, are pretty lethal. As far as difficulty goes they are pretty good. The only irritating thing is your leader running off in front of his team , sometimes WAY in front of his team. But then if you look at real tactics in say a world war 2 book or something, you'll often find that guys dont stay out in the open for long in grass, they often RUN head on to get to cover and try and get there without getting killed, THEN once they get to cover they stop and plan the next move. They dont, IF the enemy know they are there, just SIT in the grass and hope the enemy doesnt kill them, like alot of people seem to do, then complain about with the Ai. Thus the term "A sitting duck", thats what you are if your just lying down in long grass, "a Sitting duck" asking to be shot dead.

Edited by nyran125

1) Instead of kicking someone out of the server for having non-allowed addons, why not just automatically disable that addon while on the server. It would save lots of frustration and playing around with mod folders.

Very good Celery!

Please BIS could this be possible some time "down the road"?

Double tapping the F-keys to select fireteams.

Edited by sk3pt