Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

A simple request from the mod makers and mission creators. Function to get the inventory of unit ( such a ammo crate, vehicle stores ). Right now you can clear the list, set the list, but there is no way to get the current list of what is in a crate.

something like

_list = _vehicle_or_crate getInventory;

where list is an array of two-element arrays

[ [weapon1, count], [weapon2, count], [ammo1, count],....]

Something similar for magazine pools would be appreciated too.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Vegetation optimization, 1.04 gave me better performance but I still get lag around the red/orange trees.

I am finding that the interface for aquiring equipment, weapons, troops etc in the warefare type games, especially on the Chenarus map, is still quite slow. On Utes wasn't so slow but I haven't tried it since the new patch came out. I'm not sure if the interface is linked to some other game function or not but I find it sometimes takes 1/2 hour to re-equip my soldier or aquire troops and vehicles. This is in multiplay, by the way.

the driving with the mouse like arma1 fix is easy....

All they have to do is map mouseleft and mouseright to turnleft and turnright - BY DEFAULT - instead of to turnMOREleft and turnMOREright like it is now... and everybody would be able to drive again... a simple defaults change is all that one needs...

It should be improved anyway. Driving cars is nightmare with both solutions.

We played BE warfare against Battle.no tonight (14 vs 12 players). The server did crash after 2 hour and 4 minutes.

From the ArmA2Server.mdmp:

Dump Summary

------------

Dump File: C:\matchrpt\ArmA2Server.mdmp

Last Write Time: 17.09.2009 22:04:23

Process Name: D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe

Process Architecture: x86

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Heap Information: Not Present

System Information

------------------

OS Version: 6.1.7100

CLR Version(s):

Modules

-------

Module Name Module Path Module Version

----------- ----------- --------------

ArmA2Server.exe D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe 1.4.0.59026

ntdll.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll 6.1.7100.0

kernel32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll 6.1.7100.0

Witch translate to exhaused virtual adress space, we did reach the 2GB 32bit APP memory boundary.

Pls fix this.

Edited by Batstat

Make a smooth transitions between stand-up walking\running to crouch.

Right now the soldier stops (then you die) then he knees only then you can move again.

May be posible to add in multiplayer some nickname-types or patches on the players gear?

Suggestion to fix the hold fire issue:

Add another menu option under "HOLD FIRE" that says "REALLY HOLD FIRE" :)

#1 Hold Fire order not being obeyed

#2 At times AI refuses to regroup/move no matter what you did.

#3 rolling grenade/smoke option, the way it is right now there is no way you can get it where you aimed, it bounces further.

#4 When using binocular can i give orders while i'm still looking through binocular as opposed to binocular being moved thus losing my target and have to search for it again.

New

-----

#5 If i don't physically call in enemies using RMB please prevent my character from reporting them. I'm walking and all of a sudden my character calls in enemies that i can't even see!! My character is not AI so he shouldn't be doing that without my consent.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

We played BE warfare against Battle.no tonight (14 vs 12 players). The server did crash after 1 hour and 4 minutes.

The ArmA2Server.mdmp are stating:

Dump Summary

------------

Dump File: C:\matchrpt\ArmA2Server.mdmp

Last Write Time: 17.09.2009 22:04:23

Process Name: D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe

Process Architecture: x86

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Heap Information: Not Present

System Information

------------------

OS Version: 6.1.7100

CLR Version(s):

Modules

-------

Module Name Module Path Module Version

----------- ----------- --------------

ArmA2Server.exe D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe 1.4.0.59026

ntdll.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll 6.1.7100.0

kernel32.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll 6.1.7100.0

Witch translate to exhaused virtual adress space, we did reach the 2GB 32bit APP memory boundary.

Pls fix this.

oh God, page file issue EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. It is odd that application like this needs pagefile!

- GetDetailDamage command gives an Array with the object selections damage in comination with the existing SetHit command it would be perfect for a lot things.

- GetFuelCargo command to get which amount is allready in there

- GetAmmoCargo command to get which amount is allready in there

- GetRepairCargo command to get which amount is allready in there

- Cars with cargo entry point on driver side fix

- Tunguska Anti-Submarine fix

Make a smooth transitions between stand-up walking\running to crouch.

Right now the soldier stops (then you die) then he knees only then you can move again.

This is SO annoying. There seems to be a brief PAUSE there between getting up or most any movement. That PAUSE usually gets me killed.

I would like to have an accustic signal if i have locked targets with my Stinger.... :rolleyes:

mp seams a little crappy still with 1.04 patch lot of skipping and lag at times.

this needs more tweaks the net code.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

giant fire bug is still in multiplayer games.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

more video options plz reduce smoke partical effects off low med high

grass trees off low med high

How about the bullets still getting stopped by those big bad leaves on the trees? It's getting annoying trying to play as a sniper and using bush as concealment only to have your bullet stopped by a leaf or two on the way to it's target...

Fix Bullet penetration please!

How about the bullets still getting stopped by those big bad leaves on the trees? It's getting annoying trying to play as a sniper and using bush as concealment only to have your bullet stopped by a leaf or two on the way to it's target...

Fix Bullet penetration please!

Bullets do go through leaves, even thick bushes. I tested this yesterday with a Dragunov at about 200m.

When I land on a building (tested on one of the ruins) after a parachutedrop I spawns on ground level. I do that even if the building is non-enterable (nice way to hide...)

A fix would be nice.

#5 If i don't physically call in enemies using RMB please prevent my character from reporting them. I'm walking and all of a sudden my character calls in enemies that i can't even see!! My character is not AI so he shouldn't be doing that without my consent.

Turn off "Auto report" in the difficulty options...

Here is a suggestion that I think can be implemented very very very simply and would make lots of hardcore user's lives much much much easier:

*please* add the option to disable the "quick orders" menus that come up when you select one of your team members: once you start playing with a little bit of skill, this interface "improvement" just gets in the way and this for me makes a huge difference in play: I end up getting killed or frustrated or both, and usually just shutting down arma2 just because I had to fumble with order keys and as a result did not give the right order to the right soldier in time. The "digits only" ordering system of flashpoint was very simple, very consistent, and very effective, once learned it was 100% natural to use with great speed, you did not have to look at text on the screen, which makes a big difference in immersion.

This addition of "suggested orders" that come up instead of the list of order numbers is a big distraction, it forces you to look at the text and scroll on the list of orders with your mouse, very often what happens is I select a soldier, I realize that the order I want is not there in the quick list, I have to hit backspace, then backspace again, I get lost, reselect soldiers, make sure I do keystrokes in the right order just to be able to finally give the order that in Flashpoint or Arma I would have been able to give in half a second.

Usually by that time I am dead, or frustrated by the AI's stupidity in driving right past me, or driving right over friendly AI, or driving right into a lake, or right into a big stone that makes tanks jump into the sky and fall back on their head like a big helpless giant green turtle....

...all this because my fingers could not shout "****STOP****" fast enough because somehow the """fast""" """improved""" (half thought non-consistent) order-giving system stood between me and this simple order with its über-silliness...

And while you're here optioning out this piece of silly code, maybe you could also put the more advanced option to not display anything on screen about giving orders: once players have realized how fast it is to memorize the orders they can give, they will also realize that OFP/Arma gameplay is great, and also they will play better because they will dare recruit more AI and let them do things without neverending frustration (a big problem right now online is all the games that are just first person shooters completely missing the point of the simulation: on this front Arma2 cannot compete with the arcade shooter games, it feels clumsy, so you had better get your players to understand your very great original simple interface style...)

So, I'm shutting down ARMA2 now, not because I would not like to play it. I managed to configure the Nvidia 3d glasses to work with it, it is extremely good looking and makes the experience really feels like training (Until an AI fucks up because you could not give it an order fast enough of course...)

I will wait for a patch to come that removes this half-thought attempt at simplification that is the fast-order menu and will get back to some paintball in the meantime: it's raining! (in 3D too !!!)

Here is a suggestion that I think can be implemented very very very simply and would make lots of hardcore user's lives much much much easier:

*please* add the option to disable the "quick orders" menus that come up when you select one of your team members: once you start playing with a little bit of skill, this interface "improvement" just gets in the way and this for me makes a huge difference in play: I end up getting killed or frustrated or both, and usually just shutting down arma2 just because I had to fumble with order keys and as a result did not give the right order to the right soldier in time. The "digits only" ordering system of flashpoint was very simple, very consistent, and very effective, once learned it was 100% natural to use with great speed, you did not have to look at text on the screen, which makes a big difference in immersion.

This addition of "suggested orders" that come up instead of the list of order numbers is a big distraction, it forces you to look at the text and scroll on the list of orders with your mouse, very often what happens is I select a soldier, I realize that the order I want is not there in the quick list, I have to hit backspace, then backspace again, I get lost, reselect soldiers, make sure I do keystrokes in the right order just to be able to finally give the order that in Flashpoint or Arma I would have been able to give in half a second.

Usually by that time I am dead, or frustrated by the AI's stupidity in driving right past me, or driving right over friendly AI, or driving right into a lake, or right into a big stone that makes tanks jump into the sky and fall back on their head like a big helpless giant green turtle....

...all this because my fingers could not shout "****STOP****" fast enough because somehow the """fast""" """improved""" (half thought non-consistent) order-giving system stood between me and this simple order with its über-silliness...

And while you're here optioning out this piece of silly code, maybe you could also put the more advanced option to not display anything on screen about giving orders: once players have realized how fast it is to memorize the orders they can give, they will also realize that OFP/Arma gameplay is great, and also they will play better because they will dare recruit more AI and let them do things without neverending frustration (a big problem right now online is all the games that are just first person shooters completely missing the point of the simulation: on this front Arma2 cannot compete with the arcade shooter games, it feels clumsy, so you had better get your players to understand your very great original simple interface style...)

So, I'm shutting down ARMA2 now, not because I would not like to play it. I managed to configure the Nvidia 3d glasses to work with it, it is extremely good looking and makes the experience really feels like training (Until an AI fucks up because you could not give it an order fast enough of course...)

I will wait for a patch to come that removes this half-thought attempt at simplification that is the fast-order menu and will get back to some paintball in the meantime: it's raining! (in 3D too !!!)

100% agree, every time I play with AI I get more frustrated about the silly "quick" command menu. The only thing it CAN do is ordering men into vehciles, but often I click the wrong vehicle somehow, and they wander off to some remote vehicle... Aarrrrg.

Whats even more silly: you cant use your gun when in that menu, since left mouse button clicks actions... We have a perfectly working middle mouse button for that!

Pleaaase make an option to remove this menu. It's not usefull. See my sig :)

#3 rolling grenade/smoke option, the way it is right now there is no way you can get it where you aimed, it bounces further.

#4 When using binocular can i give orders while i'm still looking through binocular as opposed to binocular being moved thus losing my target and have to search for it again.

#5 If i don't physically call in enemies using RMB please prevent my character from reporting them. I'm walking and all of a sudden my character calls in enemies that i can't even see!! My character is not AI so he shouldn't be doing that without my consent. [solved: Auto Report]

new

-----

#6 Please make AI stop walking in front of me when i'm engaging enemy "firing".

Guys: make this simple/clear for the developer to read, no one has the time to read an article.

Edited by InFireBaptize

They do - just not in the middle of a fight or when 1 of the AI's started to shoot. They will not obey and die.

Change to STAND UP + AWARE/SAFE/CARELESS and they will for sure. Stand up not necessary everytime but in the worst times that plus safe or careless should work. So far i always got them to get back in line - even during shit-storms.

That one i just dont understand what you mean? Looks like a question but not a question. :) But if you ask if you can target enemies for your AI's through bino's - then yes. You can. Slight feeling thats not what you asked/wanted though.

Patch 1.05 suggestion:

Can we get the standard binoculars to work as the laser designator? Right mouse lowers and raises it. Would be very welcomed.