Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New patch 1.04

so as i see from what people wrote - i am not installing it if it requires disc, i am afraid my performance will downgrade like hell :/

okay - file downloaded, but deleted if it requires disc and lowers performance

on Arma 1 securom scratched my disc so much, that DVD ROM cannot write it

i had disc format, Arma1 is scratched and i CANNOT instal Arma1 and run CWR and P85 :/

(on previous site i wrote about huge rise of performance on my PC when i get BETA 1.03 that not requires disc)

Edited by vilas

Just tried the 1.04 patch and WTF? Addons or mods not working.... not any of them :(.

What's up with that?

Problem must be on your end. Everything is working for me.

Check your desktop shortcut target line.

It's not about Patience and I don't think I'm acting like a five year old. I'm talking about the simple practicality. If all of the players upgrade their games they are going to want to have somewhere to play. For that to happen the people that provide the servers need the patch, and we need it before the rest of the community.

Server patch first, client patch second! it's that simple. So simple that every other game developer has figured it out except BI. If not in that order at least at the same time.

Dedi exe 1 hour after client patch == dedi exe available at patch time.

Unless you're freaking impatient.

And FYI dedi server is released. There goes your concerns

I swear I'm going to do horrible things to anyone that creates another "WEREZ SERVER PATCH OMG???????" post.

@Nouty -

Problem with mods might be because the desktop shortcut for the 1.03 beta patches points to a 'beta' .exe file in the 'beta' folder within A2 folder. You will have to point all your extension commands back at the original A2 folder for now. And then point them all back to the beta folder when the next beta patch is released in a week's time, or whenever :p. e.g:

"N:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe"

needs to go back to

"N:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"

Edited by Richey79

It seems that only addons using the CBA don't work... Since CBA doesn't seem to work either. Everything that doesn't require CBA or XEH will run just fine.

now steam just needs to update..its in thier news section and says to restart the client but no update as of yet

Why cant we still turn Vsync off ingame? That would help mouse-resposiveness when fps is "low", ie all the time in this game.

It seems that only addons using the CBA don't work... Since CBA doesn't seem to work either. Everything that doesn't require CBA or XEH will run just fine.

I'm willing to bet that CBA will have a patch within 6 hours ;)

Thanks for next full/final patch. :)

Just wonder if BIS is going to update their news/devdiary/devblog too with some more information about Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission?

Imho its interesting to read where BIS is making progress and where exactly hardware & software limitations are.

Tnx for report, i've ticketed it at our Project Tracker, and added some questions; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/4542

Just ran a test mission under 1.04 using latest code for CBA, ACE2 and it worked just fine.

"Sound: Fixed speed of sould simulation and other improvements"

Time to test and see what that might be.

And good job BIS on getting a final out. :)

now steam just needs to update..its in thier news section and says to restart the client but no update as of yet

I restarted Steam few times and still nothing... If you want play on MP tonight just cal for 1-800-IWANNA-PLAY-MP

Unfortunately you still need ur dvd in in ur dvd drive to play with patch 1.04 what a bummer i have several games that u dont need ur cd or dvd in their drive for and its so convient

Has anyone ran ArmaIIMark to see if there is actually some sort of performance increase. If I am not mistaken performance fixes were in the works for 1.04 and I see nothing of the sorts in this patch except for ships.I think the community and myself were expecting optimization out of this patch as mentioned by one of the mods.

Unfortunately you still need ur dvd in in ur dvd drive to play with patch 1.04 what a bummer i have several games that u dont need ur cd or dvd in their drive for and its so convient

Are you sure about that i havent had to use my cd since the betas got rolled out and now 1.4

Some nice fixes in this patch. But, disappointed that there is no difference or increase in performance at all. I think most people figured there would be, how come they released it anyway? No one was demanding it, we where all happily waiting for the new betas to come out and giving feed back. I could of waited another month or so.

If BIS is actually unable to do anything about performance, then I think it's about time they told us, so we can just get on with it and wait for more new hardware. We may be deluding ourselves waiting for fix that they can't make.

Where are the notes? I only see this sparse bit:

Really? Just click Spoiler. There's more there. :)

Are you sure about that i havent had to use my cd since the betas got rolled out and now 1.4

Just tested...Needs DVD in drive.

I can confirm, make sure you're no longer running the beta as I was.