Sign in to follow this  
Horus

New patch 1.04

Gradually, I really lose patience with BI

With each final patch release there is no dedicated server.

BI wake up... :bored:

The

Patch

Is

NOT

Officially

released

And you're already complaining .....

I for one would really appreciate it is BI would release the client and server patches at the same time.

As for comments about running the arma.exe and stuff well that's not going to help the people with rented servers. My server host isn't going to be messing with any crap like that. The GSP want an easy to apply dedi-server patch.

Most publishers release the server files early to the GSP a day of two before releasing the client patch. BI for some strange reason do it the other way around, very odd!

Please BI we need the server patch before the client one! Or these people aren't going to have anywhere to play!

PendragonUK - +1000!!!

Why it is impossible to have arma2server.exe at once as a part of a patch?

As was in Arma 1?

Edited by stribog

Hvala bratko

Thanks brother

I can't understand the people who are sooking like 5 yr olds on here. They need some counciling.

Patience ppl it just came out.

Just d/l'd it, will give it a run in the morning, hehe it's 1:09am here in sydney

Edited by vasmkd

It's not about Patience and I don't think I'm acting like a five year old. I'm talking about the simple practicality. If all of the players upgrade their games they are going to want to have somewhere to play. For that to happen the people that provide the servers need the patch, and we need it before the rest of the community.

Server patch first, client patch second! it's that simple. So simple that every other game developer has figured it out except BI. If not in that order at least at the same time.

The DVD check is a pain in the ass. The pirated version of the exe can be downloaded within a day or two and I, the customer of the first hour, have to bear this crappy DVD check which coerces me to keep the DVD in the drive and will keep my squad from playing tonight because the server can't run on 1.04 because there is no server executable, the exe won't run with -server and i can't drive 3 hours just to insert a frickin DVD.

Edited by Serclaes

The DVD check is a pain in the ass. The pirated version of the exe can be downloaded within a day or two and I, the customer of the first hour, have to bear this crappy DVD check which coerces me to keep the DVD in the drive and will keep my squad from playing tonight because the server can't run on 1.04 because there is no server executable, the exe won't run with -server and i can't drive 3 hours just to insert a frickin DVD.

I just read your post out loud to someone and nearly died of asphyxiation. Maybe it's the non-punctuation induced lack of oxygen but I'm confused as to why you'd have to drive 3 hours to insert a DVD. Surely this is just really bad planning?

steam has not even released yet

Doesn't matter since the servers can't be updated. In fact, unless you play only sp, you should not let steam update the game itself and wait that most server do the update.

I just read your post out loud to someone and nearly died of asphyxiation. Maybe it's the non-punctuation induced lack of oxygen but I'm confused as to why you'd have to drive 3 hours to insert a DVD. Surely this is just really bad planning?

Heh, i admit i did hold my breath while writing this.

The 3 hour drive would have been to the servers location, to insert the DVD, which is redundant since the server.exe has been released. But still, i can't play without the DVD, which is a pain.

"The DVD check is a pain in the ass. The pirated version of the exe"

... yes... securoms and such like software is real pain in the ass of honest people

not-honest man pirates and uses software happy

honest man has to "enter disc" "check disc" and 30% FPS lower due to securom

on 1.03 BETA without securom (not require disc) i had 20% FPS more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on shity "full" version i have missing textures, cubic models, white models withot texture

i hope 1.04 not requires DVD in rom and 20% FPS less because of securom eating CPU and memory :/

i just saw that there is a patch, i hope it won't crush super run of 1.03 BETA

cause on my PC:

1.03 worked like shit (missing textures, low-res textures, cubic models)

1.03 BETA (not securom) works super and no more missing textures or cubic models

i will see after instal - will i start to be angry or not

but you say about general problem with securing, that "honest" man has always wind and dust in eyes :/

hehe

Not that I'm not fascinated (again) by the (ongoing) struggle with the server exe (because, you know, if it isn't mentioned every 5 minutes, then BI might forget about it)....

But, perhaps some comic relief. :) This isn't intended to disparage anyone's language skills - I recognize English is a difficult language. And, having studied foreign languages, every one has quirks and foibles.

giggle - from the changelog

* Improved: Some of the vehicle HUDs now contain missing info.

So... NOW the huds are missing info? Or, there was an improvement so the CORRECT info is now missing? :D

"The DVD check is a pain in the ass. The pirated version of the exe"

... yes... securoms and such like software is real pain in the ass of honest people

not-honest man pirates and uses software happy

honest man has to "enter disc" "check disc" and 30% FPS lower due to securom

on 1.03 BETA without securom (not require disc) i had 20% FPS more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on shity "full" version i have missing textures, cubic models, white models withot texture

i hope 1.04 not requires DVD in rom and 20% FPS less because of securom eating CPU and memory :/

i just saw that there is a patch, i hope it won't crush super run of 1.03 BETA

cause on my PC:

1.03 worked like shit (missing textures, low-res textures, cubic models)

1.03 BETA (not securom) works super and no more missing textures or cubic models

i will see after instal - will i start to be angry or not

but you say about general problem with securing, that "honest" man has always wind and dust in eyes :/

I'm not a fan of securom either, but a lot of this seams like bs...

lot of ?

i know what DIFFERENCE in performance i have on my PC between 1.03 and 1.03 58899 cause i see with FRAPS and my eyes (no more missing textures, cubic models, low-res one colour textures of uniforms)

It's not about Patience and I don't think I'm acting like a five year old. I'm talking about the simple practicality. If all of the players upgrade their games they are going to want to have somewhere to play. For that to happen the people that provide the servers need the patch, and we need it before the rest of the community.

Server patch first, client patch second! it's that simple. So simple that every other game developer has figured it out except BI. If not in that order at least at the same time.

Some ppl will take longer than others to download. Just for ur information look all are up now. Thats good enough.

I wasn't directing it to u in particular, just the thread in whole.

All patches coming out within a short time of each other is fine, there can be many reasons for this not happening in sequence.

Everyone can download server and client patch now:yay:

Vilas, did the thought that they might have changed anything other than the name crossed your mind?

Updated and add all mirrors that i was able to find, plus added 2 filefront mirrors (1 for server and 1 for the patch):

PATCH 1.04

SERVER.EXE 1.04

Edited by PuFu

I must agree, Securom (or nearly any "copy protection") is a giant pain in the ass.

*hopes for a new beta build to be released real soon*

Just tried the 1.04 patch and WTF? Addons or mods not working.... not any of them :(.

What's up with that?