Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Would You like to see Mumble's LINK - 'open plugin' implemented into ARMA 2?

Would You like to see Mumble Link support implemented into ARMA 2?  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Would You like to see Mumble Link support implemented into ARMA 2?

Played lots of games which gave native voice support but never seen one work properly like external tools. Also with in the gaming scene there isn't a real agreement on which one is best. Some use TS some wants Ventrillo and also i see Mumblee beeing used more regulary. All these progs has its up and downs.

So personally i would like game devs to stick at where there good at and leave voicecoms to the pros :)

Then again if BI has the time and knowhow to get this implemented properly it has potential.

Certainly, this sounds awesome :)

I vote yes ;)

what part of first post isn't simple and clear enough ?

strangely enough i find Your post to be bit redundant to state already what i wrote in first post and other posts :j::rolleyes:

As I am not very familiar with mumble, until I read tcp's post I really had no idea on what you were suggesting. As I can read from some other peoples replies it's obvious they were not quite sure either.

I don't get it, what is the point? What benefit would this actually give to mumble without the plugin? Positional radio only really needs to be supplemented for direct chat, and will this support even fade with the distance of the speaker from the player?

Sure, I'm all for it if you're planning on creating a plugin yourself. But I'd rather like BIS themselves to spend time and resources into improving the VON that we have than providing a plug-in to simulate positional placement in-game of the speaker for mumble.

We have seen that BIS even implemented Open-Source Free-Track support, i think the chances are high, that in any future patch (even when it will be long after OA released) this support will be added (if its not to complex/takes too much time).

The more and more is been "worked" on Arma2 with bugs after bugs squashed, such great stuff added, i think Arma2 will slowly become some sort of "Ultimate Game" actually... and that out of my mouth.... Jesus...

Absolutely Voted yes!

Very big fan of Mumble here too! Sign me up for 60 (6thsense arma players :D)

I am a fan of any working stuff.

I dislike it, if there are problems with voice in game, as it is at the moment in Arma2.

Mumble can help this out, If the VON is not getting better in huge steps, there are only a few ways to solve the comms-problems we suffer in game.

I dont want to open discussion about any other programm, but TS has low quality, ventrilo cant handle the "up" and "down" channels, and so on and so on.

We use muble already since a few, and thats a ROGER on this on...

new mumble 1.2.2 was released with experimental ARMA 2 plugin

(not Link(ed) within game code ofcourse)

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/1.2.2

also i suggest check previous builds on the timeline axis to understood how feature rich it is :)

Is that what it does? Give a directional element to the comms?

Is that what it does? Give a directional element to the comms?

Yep, quite handy. I know which direction my team mates are when they speak as I have 5.1 surround and a desktop mic

To be honest I don't even no what Mumble Support is, is it so you can just mumble commands to AI and they carry out the order or what?

To be honest I don't even no what Mumble Support is, is it so you can just mumble commands to AI and they carry out the order or what?

No, mumble is a voice chat application, like Teamspeak, Ventrillo, etc.

You can find more about it here.

(me voting YES)

Yep, quite handy. I know which direction my team mates are when they speak as I have 5.1 surround and a desktop mic

Oh, I see. I've been using mumble for a while, it's much better than Teamspeak, but I haven't used the positional stuff yet. Does it still work over long distances? Can I still hear my teammate if he's 10 km away?

Voted no.

1. My clan does not use mumble. So not relevant.

2. Don't think VON enhancements are high priority compared to some other issues.

Oh, I see. I've been using mumble for a while, it's much better than Teamspeak, but I haven't used the positional stuff yet. Does it still work over long distances? Can I still hear my teammate if he's 10 km away?

Thats completely up to You :D

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/PogMoTho1n/Capture-6.jpg

This works as it is, but I guess not only does mumble have to support the game, the game has to support mumble. Its a great feature that could be enhanced if more people if voted for it

Edited by PogMoThoin

Ah. I've not seen that on my client. Maybe I don't have the plugin installed after all.

edit. /me clicks 'advanced' button :)

Just wondering if anyone has used mumble with the basic positional support.

One of our guys(P-Yetti) came across this.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Games

Atm we are about to transition servers and can't test this.

Anyone tested? I did a search but couldn't find any one discussing it. Sorry if I missed it somehow.

I've tried it very briefly. It does seem to work with my 2 channel headphones, but it cut the volume down so much, we turned it off.

Ehh... The existing VON has excellent positioning as it is imo.. Fix the game engine before implementing stuff we don't even need. *grumpy*

I use Mumble in Project Reality mod for BF2 and its very fun. It's realistic adding direction and distance to voice.

i've tryed this software on other games,works good and the function is very nice.

voted hell ya!