Sign in to follow this  
cblackjr

multi player vs variety

I love this game but I'm a multi player fan. The few servers that i have available to me with more tha 10 players at any given time don't give me any variety. I played a month and a half solid as a ground pounder but I wanna do something else. I love flying and even purchased the x52 and the latest track IR but i can't use it because the 3 or 4 servers that have people don't let anyone but clan members fly or don't have any planes on their domination games. I hate to say it but maybe these games should be made more mainstream and less simulation. A month and a half into the game and i'm already dieing for a replacement and that sucks. I hope OFP 2 is what i'm hoping it will be but I only have a month left before i go back on deployment.

How do you even know what servers have planes flyable? I have to enter each game in the hopes the planes are there, and that Im 'allowed' to fly, its kinda B.S. All I wanna do is be a pilot & support the ground team. I have TrackIR5 it works pretty good in this game too..

well if flying is what you really want to do, and what you really enjoy, I suggest you buy LockOn and the LockOn Flaming Cliffs Add on.

You already have the stick and the trackir, all you need is the right games. Arma 2 is not what you want for flying.

well if flying is what you really want to do, and what you really enjoy, I suggest you buy LockOn and the LockOn Flaming Cliffs Add on.

You already have the stick and the trackir, all you need is the right games. Arma 2 is not what you want for flying.

LockOn it not in the same league as ArmA and I have no interest in playing it. The ArmA is made great by being able to talk to your ground people as other players and for them to assist in targeting of the enemy. You probably haven't played LockOn but it an entirely different game and you can't have people on your team playing as infantry or driving vehicles.

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

How do you even know what servers have planes flyable? I have to enter each game in the hopes the planes are there, and that Im 'allowed' to fly, its kinda B.S. All I wanna do is be a pilot & support the ground team. I have TrackIR5 it works pretty good in this game too..

most of the domination servers do but someone don't. Vehicles can be rewarded for completing missions but if you helping take a twon your not going to be back at base when the aircraft spawns. Most of the times the reward comes in the form of a tank or hummer. SPARTA for example is one of the best servers out there they just rarely have any fixed wing aircraft. 7th Cav has fixed wings but I been in there many times and most of the time they are only allowing two clan members to fly. There is only one other server that i frequent that has aircraft but the vehicles service on there is constantly glitching and won't repair or rearm anything. Hopefully they will load a more recent version of domination by Zeno.

wow really? LockOn is an entirely different game?! Your kidding!

I just saw your post stating how much you like to fly and made a sensible suggestion.

Not sure why you would assume that I dont or havent played the game that I suggested to you, or why you would feel the need to try and explain to me what the game is?????? Im the one that suggested it to you genius, I know what it is.

I Hope your thought process works better on the battlefield than the forums.

lol

Lock On/Flaming Cliff's are great sims, I was playing them since day 1. Doing the same kind of thing online FEELS entirely different though, because your performing a 'job' for the rest of your team and the sense of accomplishment when you take out a few T-72's is an amazing reward. Something you just dont get playing single player.

Not that flying in ArmaII is at all hard, its extremely easy on par with BF2 except at least BF2 has semi-functional HUDs..the ones in this game are completely useless, I guess since its a 1 button lock on they didnt need anything more complex, thats fine. I get a buzz from helping my team out as a pilot..!