Sign in to follow this  
axedup

Ghost water line problem

Hi,

I've gotten to this stage in the island creation, and I've adjusted the sea to a specific height.

But I get this 2nd tidal mark around the edge of the sea. Check pics...

pic_01

pic_08

Is this some indicator of a high tide?

It really kicks in when you gain some height in a chopper prob 500+

I can only seem to find a reference to the water in the heighmap.pbl

Any ideas? :)

Thx

Axedup

Edited by Axedup

Thx for info.

I've been browsing the hpp files and found a reference to my problem.

shoreTop = 0; // top point where water is considered off-shore
   peakWaveTop = -1; // point where water peaks should be max. visible before going offshore
   peakWaveBottom = -5; // point where water peaks should start appearing

Maybe a tweak here will sort the beachbreakers.

Can anyone confirm this?

Just thought I'd share the info around :)

Still not sure I understand your problem.

What does it look like close-up?

Because if youre talking about the white "lines", I'm pretty sure thats the special "wave" texture the game uses on beaches, viewed from high up.

I'm sure I read somewhere - maybe in the Arma1 forums - a post about a "ghost waterline" effect... like a secondary waterline... I've even seen it myself, but only on occasions and I think its a different issue from this - which - from high altitude like the pics - just seems to be the white seafoam/breakers line which IS just part of the game...

I'll see if I can find that other post but I may be talking about a different thing entirely... or maybe it's the same thing - but from further away...

PS... Good pics Axedup!... thats certainly "significant tree cover"!! Are those Arma2 trees? The map I'm working on kinda requires vast areas of trees and even in experiments with trees and nothing else it's playing hell with FPS... I'm seriously considering Arma1 trees again...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I'm sure I read somewhere - maybe in the Arma1 forums - a post about a "ghost waterline" effect... like a secondary waterline... I've even seen it myself, but only on occasions and I think its a different issue from this

I'm talking about the visible line along the shore materials edge and the inland terrain. It's the same issue as with roads just at the edge of the viewdistance, where it should be 100% transparent it isn't.

Run a terrain with low viewdistances like 600 meters and you'll soon notice this ugly bug.