Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

ArmA2 Project Reality

I hope they never pass near ArmA.

I realy dont like the "realism" they say to try to achive.There's nothing realistic in there; (Just look to the random balistic), would stick to Vanilla OFP stead of playing something like that.

um what? lol yer thats wrong... the warm up time is just there so people cant suddenly jump in a tank switch to the turret and start blowing shit.../QUOTE]

That and so somebody doesn't take a lone tank and go off to whore by themselves, switching the seats constantly. With the 30 second window they are sitting bait which is what I was getting at. It was placed there for a variety of reasons.

Merely going by the reactions I saw from the community on the forums when the first discussion about PR was raised, most weren't very positive about the forcing manner of assets. And I don't have Arma2 yet so I can't say how online gameplay is.

I'm not going to compare ACE to PR because the two try to achieve different things, with some similarities to a point but that is about it. Personally I hope they remain with BF2 and continue working on the current mod.

Oh nice I seem to have broken my quotes.

Edited by NodUnit

Obviously it is not going to happen. And you could use a less hateful tone.

as i said full of crap,if you believe this you'd believe anything

Are you going to feel stupid when they officially announce it? I have no idea what the exact plans are but I do know they are planning on working on a project for ArmA2. Those words came straight from one of their developers. I've been asked not to give any details so I won't, but they are definitely planning something. I know this because they tried to recruit some of our people at CSP.

I hope they never pass near ArmA.

I realy dont like the "realism" they say to try to achive.There's nothing realistic in there; (Just look to the random balistic), would stick to Vanilla OFP stead of playing something like that.

I really like how the proclaimed maturity of this community is thrown out the window at the bare mention of a game viewed as less "realistic" and less "tactical" than OFP, ARMA, ARMA 2 or whatever else. If this is true that the PR team are working on a mod for ARMA 2 (a fact that seems highly dubious, and improbable) then why the hell object to it? You say "Stay away from ARMA 2 with your silly views on realism!". I say, "Please, come to ARMA 2, do whatever you will to the game within the confines of the EULA BI have provided." Because I am quite confident in the fact that someone elses' hard work upon something I might not like has no reflection upon the way I opt to enjoy my game.

I have the freedom to not download a modification, I don't need to play it. And you all certainly have no need to fear any new clause in the EULA that forces you to download and play with an eventual PR release for ARMA 2.

Seriously, grow up. The game is here for everyone to make modifications for, not to satisfy your petty little views on what realism entails, or what should or should not be in the ARMA 2 engine.

All this said however, I find it improbable that PR will make the move to ARMA 2, but if they do, I welcome them... I welcome them to a community that I have been a part of since the demo for OFP was released, I welcome them to a community that I know and cherish, and I welcome them to add whatever they wish to the series of games that are the very reason for the existance of this comminity.

Edited by GoOB

I've heard from a good source inside Project Reality
I don't personally know anyone from PR and I don't know how solid all of this is. I'm receiving it all second hand and you know how that can be

?

Also lol @ people bitching about all PRs restrictions and stuff. When is the last time you saw a person on a public evo/domination server not decked out with an M107/M240 + Javelin. I also have yet to see all these "tactical realism" servers turn off crosshairs or 3rd person. You can complain about PR's lack of realism just as much as you can complain about ArmAs.

Edited by thepiespy

?

Also lol @ people bitching about all PRs restrictions and stuff. When is the last time you saw a person on a public evo/domination server not decked out with an M107/M240 + Javelin. I also have yet to see all these "tactical realism" servers turn off crosshairs or 3rd person. You can complain about PR's lack of realism just as much as you can complain about ArmAs.

Not to provoke a flame war here but, you can in ArmA, disable all of those "noob" features. Using the difficulty options. Also if you play the PROPER missions (not saying that evo or domination are terrible maps) then ArmA2 or this series rather, turns into the simulator that it is meant to be, just what I think.

@thepiespy

Yes, I do not personally know anyone from PR, but one of their developers tried to get some of our guys to join them on an ArmA2 project. Is there something hard to understand about that?

i believe it when I see it i dont understand why A2 when OFP2 comes out in a few weeks

No mod tools for OFP-DR (to give its correct name), absolutely no guarantee they will ever see the light of day either.

Why on earth would we not welcome PR dev/team to Arma2, the more the merrier.

So the game engine they used was from BF2, imagine how far they could take arma2 with mods/addons.

Southy

BF2 and ArmA2 are far different, plus, what good would PR do in ArmA2 anyway? What BIS didn't accomplish ACE is working. It's quite pointless if you ask me.

Agreed. Besides stand alone Arma is loads more realistic than BF2. No need for it... unless they bring something different to what ACE2 is.

Edited by Trauma.au

It may be pointless to you but others do not see it that way, please think outside of your own little worlds.

Those of you who are bashing PR, just how many have actually played it, on several servers? Whenever PR is mentioned it turns into a flame war and for what?

Several people who have no experience with it hear it is a bf2 mod and then suddenly all hell breaks loose, it happened in the previous Project Reality thread and it will undoubtedly happen in this one soon enough if not left alone.

I have to agree with GoOB, if it comes out does not mean you have to download it, so you don't have to gripe about it, as if you would have to download it.

Goob, i played PR for a long time (from 0.2 to 0.8) and i know what i am saying about him, its my opnion about the Mod.

If i dont like it , i am not free to say?Pointed some of thinks that i rate on the Mod.

As you sayd, i am not forced to play this!Reason wy i droped out when the Mod come to become a S**** after new realeases (My opnion).

And i know for sure that they will never come to ArmA.

I started this thread because I thought the community would be able to discuss it like gentlemen. Personally, I think the more mods the better. I think its good for the community. The guys at PR did a tremendous job with BF2 just like the ACE guys did a tremendous job with ArmA. You guys should really stop making so many assumptions. If you haven't played PR then how can you have an educated opinion about it? Just like above when Eble posted that there are no modding tools for OFP-DR, that is completely false. Please know what you are talking about before you make your posts. THINK before you type!

Just like above when Eble posted that there are no modding tools for OFP-DR, that is completely false. Please know what you are talking about before you make your posts. THINK before you type!

If you know this to be completely false could you please cite your source, there are a lot of people that would be very interested to know what tools have been guaranteed (Eble's word).

look on youtube there is a vid that shows the tools at work but back to the topic my hostile approach to PR is due to past experiences ive had with the devs who are working with PR2 when i left they said there focus is still with BF2 and later PR2 i asked about Arma but they said ACE is pretty good.An i recently wentr to the mirc to ask them about this no one heard anything about them coming to Arma and said ACE2 will be awesome nothing about PR or ARMA 2 was mentioned becuz the devs never heard anything about such a thing.So I rly like to here your source becuz the devs would like to know aswell?

You will have to talk to STALKERGB about that. He has all the details.

Those of you who are bashing PR, just how many have actually played it, on several servers? Whenever PR is mentioned it turns into a flame war and for what?

Simple explanation, PR is directly related to BF2 and you know how we "love" bf series for their enourmous realism and their clames that they are most close to realism military games, in other words: bis products are a complete $hit by them.

So we are protecting our community from any their enormous realism invasion from bf, ofp:dr, etc.

Personaly, my bf "playing"(more like testing) stopped with bf2, because after 1month it became simple shooter, just like counter-strike... and looking at vids of PR gaming weren't any much different from the original, but i think they managed to make bf as close to realism as bf allows.

It's just my oppinion.

PR is as far from BF2 as possible, trust me, i can not stand vbf2, but love PR, fair enough if some people dont like it, each to their own, but how dare some people who call the devs hard work "shit" they put all their spare time into making a mod THEY would like to play, not to catter to YOUR needs. like it or not, they have done an amazing job with the bf2 engine.

I started this thread because I thought the community would be able to discuss it like gentlemen. Personally, I think the more mods the better. I think its good for the community. The guys at PR did a tremendous job with BF2 just like the ACE guys did a tremendous job with ArmA. You guys should really stop making so many assumptions. If you haven't played PR then how can you have an educated opinion about it? Just like above when Eble posted that there are no modding tools for OFP-DR, that is completely false. Please know what you are talking about before you make your posts. THINK before you type!

sorry mate I'll take the word of the OFP-DR community manager over yours any day... as of yesterday the 16th September the CM line was...

16-09-2009, 10:21 AM #28

Helios

Community Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will answer about modding when I can speak to the dev team members who would know about this, unfortunately the people I need to speak to are either on holiday or in North America on a press tour.

Obviously we anticipate the PC crowd will be modding and tweaking the game and that is why we created the modding sub-forum, so that people can share ideas regarding this and also how certain things can be accomplished, however with regards mod tools and if any are going to be released at launch or any time in the future, I do not know.

Like I said though, as soon as the people who do know are back in the office I will try and find an answer.

Please understand as well that reading these forums whilst an important part of my job is by no means the full extent of it, and that there will be times when I am unable to post for periods of time.

Ian 'Helios' Webster

Community Manager

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379520&page=3

So at this very moment I am 100% correct no modding tools what so ever have been confirmed for OFP-DR (ignoring the mission editor on the PC only)

I have no problem with your false belief that mods tools have been confirmed, but before calling people a names etc, please back it up with evidence first.

Cheers

Southy

Edited by Eble

If i dont like it , i am not free to say?Pointed some of thinks that i rate on the Mod.

You are quite free to state it - But no need to be petty about the matter, you have your opinion, everyone in this topic has. That doesn't need one needs to express it, it certainly does not entail that one has to act like a fanboy about it. "I hope they stay far away from ArmA", it sounds like you expect PR to steal your women and your cleaning jobs.

I say it once again, the self proclaimed maturity of this community and some of it's long term members is evidently something that is liable to be thrown out of the window at the mere mention of a BF2 mod making it's way into ARMA 2. There is no need to "protect" this community from modmakers, of any kind. Quite the opposite, I have had alot of fun with modifications that are far removed from the touted and much acclaimed realism that prompted me to buy this game in the first place (for example LEGAwarz and so on)

There is however reason to think about what one will accomplish by whinging at the potential forming of a modification that might, just might, improve the game in one aspect or another. Imagine if this would have been the attitude when ACE was announced, hard to imagine, but please, do try. Creativity, no matter to what ends it is employed will never harm this game, nor it's community. At the very worst, it will make no difference to the way it's played, at the very best, it will give us a new perspective upon playing it.

look on youtube there is a vid that shows the tools at work but back to the topic my hostile approach to PR is due to past experiences ive had with the devs who are working with PR2 when i left they said there focus is still with BF2 and later PR2 i asked about Arma but they said ACE is pretty good.An i recently wentr to the mirc to ask them about this no one heard anything about them coming to Arma and said ACE2 will be awesome nothing about PR or ARMA 2 was mentioned becuz the devs never heard anything about such a thing.So I rly like to here your source becuz the devs would like to know aswell?
Off topic, but could you please use decent spelling and grammar? Your posts are incredibly annoying and hard to read.

On topic, wouldn't a Project Reality mod for ArmA 2 just remove some of the reality? I havn't played PR myself but from videos it seems alot less realistic than ArmA 2.