Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Miltary Bases on Chernarus??

Gents, I know there is one on Utes but is there any military type bases on Chernarus? Please if you put 'yes' tell me where it is!

Cheers.

Dale

No there are no bases on Chernarus. The only fixed "base" is the airport in the NW.

"Shortly after WWII, the small Red Army airport in the Northern province, designated for parachute training, expanded and gradually evolved into an air base with large military surroundings. In the border mountains there are a few former bases. After the regaining of independence, the Chernarussian Army took over these military bases."

-from http://www.arma2.com/chernarus_en.html

If you poke around a bit in the woods you can find remains of old bases with broken towers and partial fences, but as W0lle said the only "proper" base is the large airport.

Hmm during one of my "tours" of the Chernarus landscape i found a fallen guardtower (metal one, same kind as in the airport) near a treeline at a small field, it had a few meters of wirefence beside it. Could be the remains of an old base :)

I dont remember where i found it but it was not marked on the map, i could climb it even though it was almost horizental lol. An other "odity" is the bench witch blocks entry to an enterable barrack at NW part of the big airport.

If you check the ArmA 2 official site and click on the interactive map at Zelenogorsk it mentions something about this being the location of the main CDF garrison

There are a bunch of towers in the woods near Zelenogorsk somewhere. I think it was Zelenogorsk at least.

Hmm during one of my "tours" of the Chernarus landscape i found a fallen guardtower (metal one, same kind as in the airport) near a treeline at a small field, it had a few meters of wirefence beside it. Could be the remains of an old base :)

I dont remember where i found it but it was not marked on the map, i could climb it even though it was almost horizental lol. An other "odity" is the bench witch blocks entry to an enterable barrack at NW part of the big airport.

Yes I've seen that one!

hehe

There are a bunch of towers in the woods near Zelenogorsk somewhere. I think it was Zelenogorsk at least.

Yes, I just checked, they are west of Zelenogorsk at 015-104 if I'm not mistaken. This is perhaps the only remains of a military base (if you can call that size a base) except the airport.

Theyre 4 toweres near zelenogorsk and 2 other broken ones in the east of the map. i forgot the name but when i get home to arma ill look up the location. those are the only 2 old bases i have found

edit:

in the woods NW of Dubrovka is the other group of old towers

Edited by AnimalMother92