Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Latest CC:GM Press Coverage

For folk not used to the BIS way of things, they tend to toil away in their coding dungeons for many months and get on with the game rather than release progress reports and so on. They do this so they don't say it'll have features X and Y then deliver neither, or in a way that is nothing like how they claimed. In other words, they wait till they have something to show before showing it. It's sort of like the opposite of how most other game developers do things. They'll promise you the world and give you a sand pit, full of ants.

When we start hearing lots about this it can be assumed it's more or less ready.

The developers of Mafia 2 have also been very quiet - The same goes for Remedy's project Alan Wake for the 360. Silence and a lack of news isn't neccessarily a bad thing, often times it's the opposite of bad actually. There is plenty of time to build hype just shortly before a game goes gold, as Madus said above. I also doubt that the same people that are working on OA are working on Carrier Command - Some human resources might be shared among the teams, but it is much more efficient to be making two producst at once. And OA is no doubt alot less resource intensive than Carrier Command.

More to the point however... This game looks completly awesome, and with BIS making it I know I shall be satisfied with the end result.

Edited by GoOB

I agree that it's far better for a dev house to keep quieter while they get on with the business of building the game, but I also hope that when the time comes, CCGA will have a reasonable advertising budget; I've seen too many bloody good games fail and fall into obscurity because they weren't advertised as well as they should have been.

Best thing that can be done right now is probably community word-of-mouth advertising to get others watching this, give the game some presence before any advertising campaigns are needed.

Man, I never played the original, but I was so hooked up to the Battlezone series on one side and the whole OFP/Arma Series on the other side, that I can only dream of a new Sci-fi FPS/RTS/Freeroaming/Sandobox game.

I wouldn't mind a couple more screenshots from time to time.

Edit : By the way, will this be a DX11 game ? the new tesselation features could do wonders on the terrain...

Edited by EricM

Man, I never played the original, but I was so hooked up to the Battlezone series on one side and the whole OFP/Arma Series on the other side, that I can only dream of a new Sci-fi FPS/RTS/Freeroaming/Sandobox game.

I wouldn't mind a couple more screenshots from time to time.

Edit : By the way, will this be a DX11 game ? the new tesselation features could do wonders on the terrain...

Nah, I really hope its gonna be opengl this time

It seems IDEA Games is also on Twitter these days, can't say anyone has mentioned that other then a small article on IDEA-games.com.

Not exactly the best place to reveal news aimed towards the customer, but it's still a good idea to do; my personal opinion there.

Anyway.. 2nd December they said

We will release new pack of Carrier Command screenshots soon

So stay tuned :)

Edited by colossus

Must you ruin my grumpy moment? :p

Game Connection is in a few days (8-10 Dec), I suppose it is in association with this that the screenshots will be released.

Those screens are fantastic. I think i will enjoy this game when it comes out just like ARMA2

I like to play with our present day military in Arma&OFP series but I must say I always dreamed to play and command an army in the future(rts games never appealed to me).

Even if it's just A2 with future soldiers,tanks,apc and planes I would still buy this game.

From the screenshots the island has lots of vegetation and some buildings,I hope to see more of those future buildings or maybe a future city.

I hope maybe we will get a nice new year present from BIS.:)

@last Press Coverage.

I think the screens reminds me too much to ArmA2, especially the engine.

Its clear that BIS havn't the resources to make a completlly new grafic engine but on the expectation on a new game I also expect a new game experience, athmosphere and so on, especially it's about a fictional theme.

But Yes its still in developement and we didn't see real ingame footage to this day so i'm looking forward to new details.

Can't wait to get my grubby hands on this.

Played the original long ago and it was way ahead of it's time for scope.

I see many hours in front of the monitor.

Hmmmm, not sure if I should get this for my xbox, ps3, or pc. Or all 3?

All 3 of course!

You rich son of a....

:p

if BIS will follow it's open engine way, than Carier Command can be the best sci-fi game ever

if it will have missions editor, some addons ability it will be totally super

cause in sci-fi i cannot crytic "not realistic element", on sci-fi "all is imagination and dreams"

so i think it can be suuuuuuuuuuper thing :)

Damn Right mate, ohhh could you Imagen a nice RPG mod coming out of this :eek:

Hopefully the planet will have more differences, or else it'll be Earth II, except for the moon floating five km away.