Sign in to follow this  
Spoock

Latest CC:GM Press Coverage

Looks great, and it seems they've decreased the terrain cell size... which is just what Arma2 needs!

Also the colours look really rich, another thing that would benefit Arma2's graphics.

I heard some rumors about the Black Elements engine from alpha prime being used I hope its not true. I think looks a bit like the AA2 engine some places, but hard to tell.

Edited by sparks50

cool with the new screens! :)

Looks somewhat like Arma 2 but still not, the lightning and colors feel a bit different, more vibrant and happy maybe :D

But its in sci-fi setting so its nothing strange :)

I got Arma 2 and I can't wait to see more of what Bis can do :)

Based on the tiscali preview:

They wrote something about using new technology, other than ArmA II, nothing about using someone-else engine.

It would be great to have a developer popping in to reveal the true identity of the CC:GM engine :)

Looks very nice. I hope I will enjoy this. I don't know if this is a new or different engine, it's too hard to tell on a few pictures of enviroment, but it sure looks like they are using Linda. Afterall, we must consider that Black Element Software is also involved in the development of CC:GM.

I heard some rumors about the Black Elements engine from alpha prime being used I hope its not true. I think looks a bit like the AA2 engine some places, but hard to tell.

I think it's highly unlikely they would take an engine that would need to be completely reworked when they already have one that is perfect for their purpose. So instead of wasting time doing things over they can focus on improvements instead.

And it sure looks like the ArmA 2 engine there.

Anyway, it looks awesome. It does look like some weird Photoshop or post-processing filter is used. But either way, I'm sure the final game will end up looking very different because there is still plenty of time until release.

Come on, as if it's going to make a 2010 release :p

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission is scheduled for release in 2010, maybe they'll arrive more or less at the same time with OAH(Op Arrowhead)? I think that would be great, not too great for my wallet though :D

Oh my this looks like SciFi Arma2 :-)

This might get to be very very very nice!

yes it looks very very pretty and it does indeed look like an arma ii engine makeover.

now we just need some info on the gameplay from the devs. but since it is being developed for consoles as well im not expecting a classic like the original nor any revolutionary improvements other than squads and infantry... or maybe it is just me :p

True, for a game that is supposed to came out in spring 2010 it's waaay too quiet.. The frequency of news is really sad.. 10 OCT 08, 20 MAR 09, 14 SEP 09.. at this rate we'll be lucky to get new info by Christmas

True, for a game that is supposed to came out in spring 2010 it's waaay too quiet.. The frequency of news is really sad.. 10 OCT 08, 20 MAR 09, 14 SEP 09.. at this rate we'll be lucky to get new info by Christmas

Well since they are still putting most rescource on making OA and fixing A2, I think one or two delay would be expected, best guess is 2010 winter or 2011 spring.

Well since they are still putting most rescource on making OA and fixing A2, I think one or two delay would be expected, best guess is 2010 winter or 2011 spring.

Hmm, I'm of course no expert on BIS resource and manpower managament, but do the same people that work on OA work on CC? And what about Black Element Software, what do they do?

if BIS will follow it's open engine way, than Carier Command can be the best sci-fi game ever

if it will have missions editor, some addons ability it will be totally super

cause in sci-fi i cannot crytic "not realistic element", on sci-fi "all is imagination and dreams"

so i think it can be suuuuuuuuuuper thing :)

if BIS will follow it's open engine way, than Carier Command can be the best sci-fi game ever

if it will have missions editor, some addons ability it will be totally super

cause in sci-fi i cannot crytic "not realistic element", on sci-fi "all is imagination and dreams"

so i think it can be suuuuuuuuuuper thing :)

Agree with you. Open world, mod tools, good story and multiplayer with dedicated servers and you have a win.