Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Just take your time. :) it's easy for people to get all crazy the closer to releasing something you get, and if there's some unexpected delay, people might even go COMPLETELY crazy. I remember many years back when Invasion 1944 had given a release date for their first release, and it was delayed that day, people even wrote things like "F You Invasion 1944" etc. People really need to just.. relax and.. relax.

I'm completely crazy about this though, I want it now, GIVE IT TO US! Haha. :)

No but seriously, take your time!

hahaha this reminds me of Unsung and OFP... we did the very same thing... offered a release date... and then got hung for it... back in 2005 or 2006 I think...

We walked away from that saying NEVER AGAIN! no dates... when its released! its released!

Always looking for actual images / sounds for the mod we try to get away from the "Hollywood" sounds and equipment used in movies. And YES if your going to or live in vietnam I could surely use some HD pics of veg , jungle (single, double, triple canopy) palm forest etc etc etc. Just pm me.

cheers

The best way to take a patience is never to care about such Mod till it's really released. Before it, no matter what it tries to show or present, just take them nothing at all.

Patience all, as said, no given release date apart from soon and soon could be within the next week to two weeks to a month to a.... year :p

Hey guys,

I work with the mod Eve of Destruction for BF 1942, BF Vietnam and BF2 (http://www.eodmod.com) and I would like to talk with you guys, how can I do that?

Send cj525 a PM :)

What? No Mossberg 500 in The Unsung Mod? I'm disappointed in you guise. :p

Looks great! I cant wait to get this mod and try to create some missions with same mood like in the old amazing Vietcong game.

I hope that too. Vietcong game actually changed my music taste more than anything else in 00s. I havent listened mainstream radio after hearing 60s/70s music in that game.

I think the biggest problem here (about music) is licenses etc. Mission-makers can add custom music though, and take the heat. Haha.

I think the biggest problem here (about music) is licenses etc. Mission-makers can add custom music though, and take the heat. Haha.

In "fan" mod you can use music - the mod is free so? :p

VTE.used a lot of Vietnam era music, I even cracked open a dusty A1 pbo a few months back, found a ton of songs I added to my music. Even found some new ones, like "Lyndon Johnson Told The Nation".

(I admit, Vietcong also changed my tastes, and Battlefield Vietnam ensured they stuck around.)

In "fan" mod you can use music - the mod is free so? :p

it doesn't matter if the mod is a free fan mod, if those who own the rights to the music did not grant permission then you can not distribute it in any form unless it is public domain. Free or not you can still be sued and forced to take down any web sight that allows the public to download it.

However, this generally only happens when the music is still available to be sold in record stores, music from the 60's (except for the Beatles or the Stones) can be hard to find and I imagine many of the song writers are just happy people are still listening to the music.

You're right Dr@gon, I'll have to never ever use any copyrighted music in any of my missions. Ever.

Did I mention that I wouldn't ever put copyrighted music in any of my missions?

I'm being serious...

However, this generally only happens when the music is still available to be sold in record stores, music from the 60's (except for the Beatles or the Stones) can be hard to find and I imagine many of the song writers are just happy people are still listening to the music.

Best laugh I have had in a while (no offence but thankyou)...

but seriously did they write music after the 70's? :headscratch: :D

Best laugh I have had in a while (no offence but thankyou)...

but seriously did they write music after the 70's? :headscratch: :D

well you know CSJ the post was in reference to the Vietnam War and the mod in which this thread is discussing.

Aare we waiting for a date? I watched the video the other day and read the manual, I'm really looking forward to this mod.

Aare we waiting for a date? I watched the video the other day and read the manual, I'm really looking forward to this mod.

I would not say it:rolleyes:

I watched the video the other day...

I just watched the video again, this time i kept my attention to the jungle vegitation and noticed how good it actually looks :thumb:

Btw will there be flaretraps?

It looks AWESOME in this ArmA/Unsung video ->

I just watched the video again, this time i kept my attention to the jungle vegitation and noticed how good it actually looks :thumb:

Btw will there be flaretraps?

It looks AWESOME in this ArmA/Unsung video ->

Kind words are always appreciated :)

Oh and yes, there are flare traps.

vietnam-river-jungle.jpg

claustrophobic...hope i can it see in the future on unsung maps that would be nice :icon_eek: