Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

omg you actually gonna include china lake's pump action grenade launcher !!!!!!!!!

who needs shotguns? just load 4 buckshot rounds, dump em in the bush, reload, dump them again and again and again anywhere you want!

although you have to be a seal to wield that toy :|

P.S. i'm so excited that forgot to write: can't wait for the release!

P.S. #2 if release is in hours i just could wait sleepless(need advice here).

Edited by Gedis

omg you actually gonna include china lake's pump action grenade launcher !!!!!!!!!

who needs shotguns? just load 4 buckshot rounds, dump em in the bush, reload, dump them again and again and again anywhere you want!

although you have to be a seal to wield that toy :|

Careful on the 40mm buckshot rounds... When the China Lake GL was designed, they tested both the M-406 HE 40mm round and the M-576 40mm buckshot rounds. The HE rounds loaded fine because the HE head was rounded at the edge which promoted a smooth loading process. The buckshot round on the other hand is not rounded like the HE round. It resembles a 40mm shotgun round, which is flat on the front side. During testing, the pump action grenade launcher continuously jammed because of this flat side to the buckshot round. There was nothing on the round or in the chamber that would allow the M-576 to load smoothly. Under testing, service branches were told they cannot use the M-576 round... only the M-406 HE round can be used.

Therefore, in the name of realism, the China Lake 40mm P-A G/L only uses HE rounds...

Sorry about that... I was excited about using the buckshot round as well... but it is not to be...

Pictures of the rounds:

M-576 Buckshot

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/grenade/40mm_ammo.html#M576

M-406 HE

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/grenade/40mm_ammo.html#M406

Hope this helps!

Careful on the 40mm buckshot rounds... When the China Lake GL was designed, they tested both the M-406 HE 40mm round and the M-576 40mm buckshot rounds. The HE rounds loaded fine because the HE head was rounded at the edge which promoted a smooth loading process. The buckshot round on the other hand is not rounded like the HE round. It resembles a 40mm shotgun round, which is flat on the front side. During testing, the pump action grenade launcher continuously jammed because of this flat side to the buckshot round. There was nothing on the round or in the chamber that would allow the M-576 to load smoothly. Under testing, service branches were told they cannot use the M-576 round... only the M-406 HE round can be used.

Yeah i remember the history, meh, i was the first one trying to create such 40mm for ofp... don't you remember? :|

Advice taken, going to a sleep rack :)

Edited by Gedis

Yes, I do remember Gedis! Crazy... seems like a very long time ago...

Hope you like firing it...

Woah, just read through your release pdf. Amazing! Thankyou for including the SLR for us aussie folk :), amazing weapon it is.

Looking forward to release! Any future plans of including Aussie Units?

Woah, just read through your release pdf. Amazing! Thankyou for including the SLR for us aussie folk :), amazing weapon it is.

Looking forward to release! Any future plans of including Aussie Units?

We have aussies in the MOD group... Skipping the Aussie Units is not an option... just down the road... can't include a weapon like the SLR and not make the aussies, right?

:eek: ;)

Great work on the pdf guys very professional bis doesn't even do anything like that will come in handy if that pdf is anything to go by this mods going to be awesome its great that you guys are including the aussies down the line

The current size of the units are hard enough to spot and shot as it is. If we made them smaller you might as well lay down your arms, crack a bud and put on a pink bunny suit. This isn't even on our radar at this time.

Point taken. So I take it that this is a design direction.

Nhanh lên, nhanh lên

Punji Ä‘ang chá» bạn xung quanh má»i góc. :)

Tôi hy vá»ng rằng dịch chính xác

và không để làm với dê :confused:

Well done on the Manual guys, looking forward to the release, and I am happy to see that the Aussies will be in there.

At the moment it seems to be outdoing VTE.

Nhanh lên, nhanh lên

Punji Ä‘ang chá» bạn xung quanh má»i góc. :)

Tôi hy vá»ng rằng dịch chính xác

và không để làm với dê :confused:

English only please.

)rStrangelove;1754902']Didi mau? :D

Can't wait guys. I think i had the same feeling when i was waiting for SEB Nam pack coming out.

Dung lai! No didi mau, dinky dau ;)

Can't wait to take the town with the "Gook spooker" logos attached to the mechanization :)

We have aussies in the MOD group... Skipping the Aussie Units is not an option... just down the road... can't include a weapon like the SLR and not make the aussies, right?

:eek: ;)

Yeesss CSJ, ANZACSAS STEVE and myself will be watching the rest of the team with a raised brow :suspicious: to ensure the aussies will eventally make an appearance down the track :) *Mumbles* Long Tan *cough* yeah umm... :)

will be in nam next month if you guys want me to pass on hd photos of certain pieces of equipment and buildings that are untouched. not sure if i can get good qual m60 sounds to pass on for reference

it's 2nd day after the release of manual, time for the mod release :)

when I read the manual, I shall be very Hippel:bounce3: ...can hardly wait

I am glad you guys enjoyed the manual...

We put a lot of time and effort into it... hope it shows... Hopefully, it will just get better... always looking for ideas on how to include additional information.

Give us some time... we are firing up a new Nam website... old one died... :(

Just take your time. :) it's easy for people to get all crazy the closer to releasing something you get, and if there's some unexpected delay, people might even go COMPLETELY crazy. I remember many years back when Invasion 1944 had given a release date for their first release, and it was delayed that day, people even wrote things like "F You Invasion 1944" etc. People really need to just.. relax and.. relax.

I'm completely crazy about this though, I want it now, GIVE IT TO US! Haha. :)

No but seriously, take your time!