Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

We know we know... posting picture's getting old but hell ya'll just have to wait untill we get this thing finished. In the meantime... here'some friendly pictures of what it's like out there in the jungles of south east asia ;)

Note:These pictures were taken during operations into enemy territory. daytime and night time ops included.

14886864.th.jpg

pigs, best offence and defence in my opinion. Ain't a walking tall machine gun man here. If you do that you will be a lying down and shot up heap of machine gun man!

13403690.th.jpg

Watching towards a perfect ambush spot for Charlie...a V shaped valley floor...dare i move on...

58673065.th.jpg

There's something spooky about this place. You can almost feel the eyes watching your every move.

59815204.th.jpg

Good thing we got some illumination rounds going off over head, or we would see sh## out there! Night time is friggin' Charlie time!

The Unsung MOD: Don't just experience Vietnam, live it!

Second row of pics following up:

99966250.th.jpg

Moving up! Keep your head low and your ass moving, and you'll be alright!

21419401.th.jpg

LOCK AND LOAD!!!! Arty pounding on the enemy, squad is getting dropped on the LZ! We all go down together!

64914971.th.jpg

Extraction Huey coming in and attracting enemy fire. Arty going out, flattening enemy fire on horizon! Today was a bad day to fight. 6, 7 and 8 got shot to pieces by enemy small arms fire and a possible hidden mg! We need to didi the f&@k outha there!

93428792.th.jpg

Huey is on the deck but we still receiving enemy fire! Crawl! Don't run! CRAWL to the choppeeeer!!!

Smartypants ;)

Now get to it, I am getting blue in the head from holding my breath here.

This slogan is surely...innovative.

Kind of.

Smartypants ;)

Now get to it, I am getting blue in the head from holding my breath here.

Yeah yeah we are working on it. We know it's starting to sound like a broken record, but hell we had/have a big problem we had to recover from. Won't be long now :D

Some more pictures about how to live Vietnam, The Unsung MOD way :)

26373932.th.png

Possible hot LZ, move out! We need cover!

29536917.th.png

Moving into a VC suspected village.

96661128.th.png

Number 4, go inspect that chicken! I am pretty sure he's VC!

55125152.th.png

Moving beyond the vill. The VC is out there, they taking pot shots at us now and then...keep your eyes peeled

continued in next post...

Continued....The Unsung MOD way :)

42297445.th.png

VC spotted ahead of us, open fire!

58611812.th.png

Move up! Keep your head low! Engage the enemy!

37748232.th.png

AMBUSH!!! Hit the deck! *zoing..crack whoosh..splat* aaaaaaargh!!! Medic!!!

50190901.th.png

In the end it didn't matter who was right or who was wrong...it was who was first to shoot and who killed first...it's all over now...it don't mean nothing

can't wait! it looks so dark and filthy, lovely!

nice screenies... looking good really looking forward to this mod cant wait to kill some Vietcong.

*zoing..crack whoosh..splat*

Best promo line ever! :)

Keep up the good work, guys. The screens look awesome.

Abs

Wondering if this has been asked before, but with all the foliage, trees ect,. how does the mod perform,

as to much vegitation would kill my fps, as well add Ai to the scenerio?

The only time I experience any major drop in fps is either

- a large number of explosion effects running simultaneously or the animated coastal txtr comes into view.

compiling the mod R1 release as we speak, should be soon unless all the mod teams computers get erased. I've been testing this version, still some bugs but a lot less then you would get from an initial release of a game you would pay for. We have encountered lots of delays in this release. We are just as frustrated as you guys are, we've been doing this for along time since the days of ofp, and as the years pass our lives have slowly worn away at our free time. but I promise it is coming very soon.......honest :D

compiling the mod R1 release as we speak, should be soon unless all the mod teams computers get erased. I've been testing this version, still some bugs but a lot less then you would get from an initial release of a game you would pay for. We have encountered lots of delays in this release. We are just as frustrated as you guys are, we've been doing this for along time since the days of ofp, and as the years pass our lives have slowly worn away at our free time. but I promise it is coming very soon.......honest :D

Oooh! I like it! bring it! bring it! (I'm going to work in an hour, daaaang)

Okay okay lol

Just to get you all settled down a bit again. Yes release is very soon, but not that VERY soon. So not today but very soon. (no also not day after today lol) And no not gonna say exact date or approx date. :D

remember, when we release the manual...that's when we reached our set point of no return. In other words, release is very very soon after that. So when you see the manual appear, that's when you can get all damn skippy again :D

Edited by Warrior Xâ„¢

Great work guys.

Are the VC supposed to look so well built? Vietnamese generally are smaller in size and shorter in height.

Great work guys.

Are the VC supposed to look so well built? Vietnamese generally are smaller in size and shorter in height.

If this sets the release back by a couple of months i'm not interested ;)

If this sets the release back by a couple of months

That would be the best possible case, cause right now I'm counting in centuries.

Guys remember you have to show respect to their work, unlike BIS they do not get paid yet sometimes with smaller teams release bigger Factions than the BIS ones, it does not take an idiot to figure out they are doing alot of work, on the Vietnamese man topic, i'm pretty sure all human models are the same height eg. around 6 foot tall, so you can expect some 6 foot Vietcong roaming the jungle.

The current size of the units are hard enough to spot and shot as it is. If we made them smaller you might as well lay down your arms, crack a bud and put on a pink bunny suit. This isn't even on our radar at this time.

I am impressed. A good read and excellent reference material.