Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Meh... seems i'm about the only one looking at this thread from the mod. I figured someone else would have answered you by now MATCHY. Everyone is lazy just like me, only they are experts and i am a fng at it lol

Anyways,

Only updates are that we are still fixing some stuff. Also we are having some trouble with our forums which makes communications a bit annoying between mod makers.

But we ain't dead, ain't gonna be any time soon, we still working on the mod. Just can't be long now...just can't be. Maybe one of the other lazy bums of the mod can give a clearer answer on how long it's gonna take :p

This bum is going to open a beer now :D

OK X let this lazy bum speak.... Yeah I am one of the new FNG's of the group and yeah we are experiencing tech difficulties at the site right now. From what I heard it shouldn't be too long. I can't give you a date, but soon is all I can say.....

Ok ok ok...

OFPNAM took a direct hit recently... not our fault... the web provider is "experiencing technical difficulties" at this moment... so I hope they can put ofpnam back in place... site looks like it was hit with a nuke...

So we are finalizing a couple of our missions that will be released with the initial download... not a huge number of missions, but we need to kick this bad boy out the door so we can move on to the 2nd and 3rd releases... so you guys may have to deal with only a few missions for now... perhaps the community can come up with a bunch of its own... but realize we will be adding to the list with new missions once they are ready to go in the future.

As far as MOD files go... we really are in the final stages of testing/tinkering... but I fear that we passed by the productive stages of testing... now the benefit of testing is outweighed by the loss of time... if that makes sense...

So once our site is back up, we will be putting the files back together and maybe one final round of testing internally... and then kick it out to the community... we've been sitting on this long enough... time to cut loose and move on...

Edited by PolishGI

Ok ok ok...

So we are finalizing a couple of our missions that will be released with the initial download... not a huge number of missions, but we need to kick this bad boy out the door so we can move on to the 2nd and 3rd releases... so you guys may have to deal with only a few missions for now...

:D no fears and sure me x and sim have got a few extra's up our behinds! :P

:D no fears and sure me x and sim have got a few extra's up our behinds! :P

Absolutely... it really is a timing issue... we have the resources now, just need time to crank the missions out...

Good news and bad news.

First the sites provider took a hit. We took a head shot and went down hard (not getting up). Our site has been blown away. Goodnews is R1 is final just getting our ftp up again so we can do one more internal run through then it's out the door, no dates but it will happen very very soon. estimates on R1 size before compression is 1.8 gigs, so there is alot of "stuff" you'll be able to kill, blow up, tryout and have some fun with. the release will be distributed to the usual sites whilst we get ours back up. we wont hold off release while re rebuild the site.

Sorry for the delay guys but stuff happens.

We took a head shot and went down hard (not getting up). Our site has been blown away.

All our forums everything?!! man a lot of history gone right there 9 years worth... :omg:

All our forums everything?!! man a lot of history gone right there 9 years worth... :omg:

Yer!

And the jokes thread!!...i had my next top 10!

Onwards and upwards anyway we hopes!

Unfortunately... yes... all gone...

But with that said, it is time to send ofpnam into the sunset... (happy trails...)

We need to start work on ARMANAM now...

Bugger, guess I will have to post the 'Christmas kangaroo' video again

Do we have a proposed release date for the Unsung mod yet, end of September or October?

Do we have a proposed release date for the Unsung mod yet, end of September or October?

hmm let me count... 1..2...3..4...5...6.. yes 6 posts up is your answer to that question. Or to make it easier, one page back on bottum post :)

Should be a taste of Nam released very soon from Unsung, an appetizer.

hmm let me count... 1..2...3..4...5...6.. yes 6 posts up is your answer to that question. Or to make it easier, one page back on bottum post :)

:) yes I read that but I hoped for something more specific by now, apologies.

Understand that an eagerly awaiting public is a good thing even though it just seems like you are being pestered now.

Understand that an eagerly awaiting public is a good thing even though it just seems like you are being pestered now.

Very true! We understand... we are compiling the files (I believe) and gathering the final versions of the missions that will be included.

Once that is ready... I hope to release the manual... in fact, I need to do a final walk through to make sure it is ready to go... give you guys something to read before the download becomes available...

will south vietnam's troops be a part of your mod, in if so what side will they be on?

will south vietnam's troops be a part of your mod, in if so what side will they be on?

Yes, the SV troops will be in the MOD, albeit, down the road... I'll take the second part of your question as a rhetorical joke... haha

The US troops never did really know who's side the ARVNs were on...

Yes, the SV troops will be in the MOD, albeit, down the road... I'll take the second part of your question as a rhetorical joke... haha

The US troops never did really know who's side the ARVNs were on...

lol yeah, my uncle said its like how the ANA and iraqi army is now in Afghanistan\iraq! as thought they may be officially on our side, as my uncle and cusin said, whos to tell if they are serous about helping us, or serous about trying all they can to destroy us, and both my uncle(nam vet) and cusin(iraq\afghan vet) said that there was cases in which the "goodguys" were actually bad, and they would some how sabotage things, whether in a simple way like prematurely firing off there weapon(to give off the location of us to the enemy) or to go as far as to gain trust of the american conterparts, just to do some heavy damage like blowing stuff up or just gathering very important intel!