Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Still waiting for the manual you promised to release!

Looks good though!

As stated in a prior posting...

We will release the manual when we are about 1 week away from the MOD release. When the manual is finally released, the MOD download should be about 5-9 days after...

We are not at the point of releasing the manual at this time. We are still working on preparing the MOD.

Why???? what does OA offer that would be so great with a Vietnam era mod?

That's the thing, I don't think any of the unsung team have OA yet. I'm thinking if there is anything in OA we can use in our era. Thermal sights , laser designating well they just we not developed in the 60's afaik :p What else does could we possibly use? comments / suggestions ?

the backpacks would always be nice, would make long patrols more interesting imho, load up, head out into the jungle, find a nice OP drop the packs and then do a lil recce. but other than that cant think of to much, maybe the flares since AA played a big part in the war?

You could use the FN Fnals and proper Hueys.

We have the Fal (L1A1) and have the Hueys (diff versions) already. Next suggestion? :o

the backpacks would always be nice, would make long patrols more interesting imho, load up, head out into the jungle, find a nice OP drop the packs and then do a lil recce. but other than that cant think of to much, maybe the flares since AA played a big part in the war?

Agreed... the rucks are about it... but also a necessity...

OA is nice to play some of the BIS missions/campaigns... But it will be the rucks that move the MOD into OA... assuming we make the move... Still working on wrapping up what we have now... let alone discussing future projects...

Edited by PolishGI

1 question if you don't mind, what units do we have currently? Any vietnam era tanks?

Any updates guys looking great cant wait

Yeah, we are hectically working to get our stuff out the door. Always something that we find and have to look at again after having looked at it a gazillion times. But we are moving ahead and a release is really close. Don't ask how close, we just dunno. When it's there, you will notice :D

1 question if you don't mind, what units do we have currently? Any vietnam era tanks?

US Army, USMC, US SF, US LRRP, VC, NVA, Shitload of guns, Civ's, Bird's (huey's, cobra's, eggs/loaches), planes, tanks, trucks, statis guns, objects, buildings, Lowlands island (known from our ArmA 1 release) and i believe that's it in a nutshell. So yes, vietnam era tanks like the m-48 we got.

Originally the plan was to have just vc/nva/sf and an island, but hell we just kept going and soon we had lot's more. So we had to stop it a bit and finish up what we had going. So now we finishing up what we had going so we can release it :p

hihaaa sounds good @Warrior X:bounce3: ...oh men i pray every day for this mod,hope of intense junglefights in coop ...so vietcong1 like.

Best Regards

will you guys add the South Vietnam army?

Working on the ARVNs as we type... still pretty much in the prototype phase... but they will be included in a future release along with the Walker Bulldog...

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

hihaaa sounds good @Warrior X:bounce3: ...oh men i pray every day for this mod,hope of intense junglefights in coop ...so vietcong1 like.

Best Regards

Hang in there... we are working on troubleshooting... Its frustrating for us because we want to release it and move on... but we need to make sure it is ready to go and that we have missions to play.

You've seen some video of various fighting, that is from a few missions being made. So we are getting into that phase... Just difficult for now because we have to get this bird off the ground and flying. After the initial release, they should start to come quicker... It's just time consuming with building a foundation in which to build off of for the future.

Holy crap I think I may need to actually buy ARMA2 just to play this mod. Looking pretty sweet.

Holy crap I think I may need to actually buy ARMA2 just to play this mod. Looking pretty sweet.

Holy crap a blast from the past !! HEY BROTHA

Good to see you again Ebud! the guy that got me inspired to make my own nam stuff.

Well well well...

Look what the cat dragged in...

Glad to see you stop in and say hey!

Hope all is well!

Oh my god is it Ebud!?!

Make more units!!! :D

mainunsungbanner60perce.jpg

The Unsung MOD declassified another video with some footage from The Lowlands area that will be in the upcoming release!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBVSGEBjzU&hl=nl_NL&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBVSGEBjzU&hl=nl_NL&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Source: OFPNAM.com

love it!

and ill be back with you guys soon thank god it went all good so on it!

Hope the team is keeping well.

How is the performance? Im afraid because your video is very laggy? But anyway one of the best mods EVAR!!!