Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

i know thatmost people on the forums wouldn't care about this, but do you have plans for doing the australians in vietnam? there was not many of them but they were proffesional at what they did.

have you thought about teaming up with the other vietnam mod to make one AWESOME vietnam mod.

btw stuff looking great.

PolishGI,

great to hear, i don't mind if there not in the initial release, just as long as they come eventually.

Oh yeah, there is quite a bit to do with the MOD... it will be a work in progress for some time... But we are focusing on the foundation of the MOD and then build off of that. We have stuff we want to build and include... but at some point down the road, it may be opened up to suggestions from the community.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

i know thatmost people on the forums wouldn't care about this, but do you have plans for doing the australians in vietnam? there was not many of them but they were proffesional at what they did.

Don't say that TOO loudly... we have a couple of Aussies in the group that are expecting that ... and if we don't create an Australian force, there will be an internal lynching...

L1A1 is included... For starters...

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

have you thought about teaming up with the other vietnam mod to make one AWESOME vietnam mod.

btw stuff looking great.

What other vietnam 'MOD' are you talking about?

Edited by PolishGI

Why should they team up when they already are doing fine and their mod already looks like it's gonna be AWESOME :cool:

btw stuff looking great.

Thanks mate.There is some history behind a merger, there have been ....... ermmm "issues" with a particular member of the "Other" mod and it will never happen sorry.

Stay solo guys its the way forward.

Is there any new news or info about the mods progress?

Stay solo guys its the way forward.

Is there any new news or info about the mods progress?

Plenty :cool:

Thanks for the kind words guys... Always appreciated... Yeah, we had a sabatical due to RL issues... But we are back on... currently combing through about 1.0-1.2GB worth of data files looking for errors or troubleshooting. We are finalizing the island now that we believe we found a recipe we can live with and that A2 agrees with...

Thanks for the offer! Currently we have 58 x weapons with various grenades, 14 x vehicles, 8 x helicopters and boat loads of infantry. Various Pistols, SMGs, Shotguns, Rifles, Assault Rifles, Machineguns, Grenade Launchers and Anti-Tank Weapons. Even have the old French stuff included for the VC...

95% of the weapons are animated (as you would hope for and expect) so I do not think you will be disappointed. SKS (Type 56) and the Chinese Type 56 (AK47 copy) are both in the mix. M-14 and the automatic version are included and you should like it... it really "delivers the mail" if you know what I mean.

Yes, but down the road… We have a riverine pack we want to put together that would include most of the river craft seen in Vietnam. But again, this upcoming release is more of a foundation in which to build off of…

Not an odd question, but no, we will not be using a 3rd party model for our M-16. All of our weapons have been hand built for A2. We have quite a few new sounds for the weapons as well. We have two sound guys that are very good.

:yay::bounce3::yay: :)

No worries... ARVN troops are being built, or about to be started...

They will NOT be in the upcoming release. But very much on the radar screen.

Hope this helps.

wow thats great news, how far from public beta release do you think we are?

Looking great!

By the way, i will have to ask even though it is a stupid question, are you giving the M-16 a 20rnd mag, every M-16a1 i have seen in mods so far are 30 round.

Looking great!

By the way, i will have to ask even though it is a stupid question, are you giving the M-16 a 20rnd mag, every M-16a1 i have seen in mods so far are 30 round.

No. The M16s will come in two flavors. 18rds in a 20rd magazine and a 30rd magazine. When the M16 originally came out, they had trouble with the 20rd magazine spring properly feeding the M16. By only inserting 18 rounds, this took stress off the spring and prevented jamming. So all of our 20rd M16 Magazines have 18 rounds to simulate this.

The 30rd magazine is around and can be selected, but all of the boys are coming with the 20rd magazine. The 30rd mag didnt really hit the scene until '69. Even at that, the US Armed Forces did not purchase them in any great quantity. By the time they hit the shores of SE Asia... you get the point. If you wanted a 30rd Mag, chances are you had to personally purchase them in the US and have them shipped to Vietnam via personal package.

Hope this helps.

Edited by PolishGI

what about 30rd magazines in various branches of SF?

i hope the map is good junglefeeling with risefields small vilages and small streams in the jungle :D

Hmm, yes would be nice to have it like this. What your seeing here is basically triple canopy jungle. We haven't tested triple canopy jungle in arma 2 yet. The next island (khe sanh) will look more toward this pic , but please understand there are limitations to what we can and can't do. I will go as far as saying I will try to put a river/stream system like this in the KS release. To make it look close to what you see in this pic we would need more help.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

what about 30rd magazines in various branches of SF?

NO, none of our guys have 30rd mags configged

You have to give them a 30rd mag M16/CAR15 (E1 or E2) using the init command.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

i hope the map is good junglefeeling with risefields small vilages and small streams in the jungle :D

As Savage stated... please keep in mind we are working within a program that has limitations.

I always said BIS should make a jungle island map. Everything else is cake... Jungles are as bad as it gets for computer usage.

Thanks mate.There is some history behind a merger, there have been ....... ermmm "issues" with a particular member of the "Other" mod and it will never happen sorry.

yeah understandable, its too bad though there would be some great mods out if people combined there work and were able to work around personal issues.

but anyways Vietnam is the best and I can't wait to blast some Vietcong in a Huey while blazing some Jimi Hendrix.

program that has limitations.

You are the limitation.

I always said BIS should make a jungle island map.

Its not about what you think.

Seems to be pretty cocky and arrogant.

Anyways, looking forward to your release. I don't know what to expect but I keep my fingers crossed.

Lets cut down on the snipping please.

We are here to make a mod we would like to play, and have other Vietnam fans enjoy as well. We like a challenge and appreciate the constructive feedback, Pics like the one showing the stream are what we are striving for, it is difficult to recreate that on the scale of Arma 2. But this game is far better then the previous go arounds and there is nothing out there that can touch it in the milsim genre. We all know poly count takes a hit when creating a jungle environment that can play well on most systems, the limitations do exist but it's a combination of island size density of environment being created (object count), fog, computer settings/hardware, blah blah blah. Every guy out there who has created a complex environment on any game platform is constantly feeling for the right balance.

We are very close, to a release I will not give a date as I did back in the OFP days (as that bit me in the butt) :P.

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by cj525

You are the limitation.

Anyways, looking forward to your release. I don't know what to expect but I keep my fingers crossed.

You are a sharp individual... Go back to the VTE thread...

Edited by PolishGI

Who was that masked man!

:lurk:

You are the limitation.

Oh the sweet Irony

No. The M16s will come in two flavors. 18rds in a 20rd magazine and a 30rd magazine. When the M16 originally came out, they had trouble with the 20rd magazine spring properly feeding the M16. By only inserting 18 rounds, this took stress off the spring and prevented jamming. So all of our 20rd M16 Magazines have 18 rounds to simulate this.

The 30rd magazine is around and can be selected, but all of the boys are coming with the 20rd magazine. The 30rd mag didnt really hit the scene until '69. Even at that, the US Armed Forces did not purchase them in any great quantity. By the time they hit the shores of SE Asia... you get the point. If you wanted a 30rd Mag, chances are you had to personally purchase them in the US and have them shipped to Vietnam via personal package.

Hope this helps.

I never knew that :confused2:

Originally Posted by stephsen

i hope the map is good junglefeeling with risefields small vilages and small streams in the jungle

Originally Posted by PolishGI

As Savage stated... please keep in mind we are working within a program that has limitations.

I always said BIS should make a jungle island map. Everything else is cake... Jungles are as bad as it gets for computer usage.

Yes i know that problem with visitor3,it just has limited resourses.

I am with you !

Ps:I had just reveled:D

Edited by stephsen

Yes i know that problem with visitor3,it just has limited resourses.

I am with you !

Ps:I had just reveled:D

Oh sorry! Wasn't sure... Yeah, we are trying! Each map we do should get better and better.

I am interested to see how much (if at all) OA helps with "optimizing" the vegetation.