Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Alright guys still jaw-dropping at the quality :) Any of you guys played Vietcong? Because the m16a1 in that sounded verrry nice may be something which could be used.....or it doesnt actually sound like one, hence why i'm asking the experts :)

Alright guys still jaw-dropping at the quality :) Any of you guys played Vietcong? Because the m16a1 in that sounded verrry nice may be something which could be used.....or it doesnt actually sound like one, hence why i'm asking the experts :)

From my research Vietcong sounds were not accurate. And yes in the past (OFP) we may have used elements from that game, honestly I don't remember but we are using all our own material now. The sounds are basically the same from the R1 release. Personally I don't like what I call pops n clicks sound mods. Mark from HiFI knows what I mean.

I prefer the weapon have its own identity and sound that's what I tried to create in the R1 release. Since there are more variables with the arma 2 sound engine they are all getting a slight upgrade.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Thats good news as well, look forward to them snaps.

Some WIP stuff we thought you people would like to look at while we busy. Experience 'Nam like never before!

goody1n.th.jpg

goody2.th.jpg

goody3.th.jpg

goody4.th.jpg

Cheers,

The Unsung Mod

Amazing work...

Will you be recreating C Troop, 16th Cavalry this time around as well? I can't wait for the day I can watch Aeroscouts pinpointing the enemy, snakes rolling in on em, and then the lift platoon bringing the guys out to have a look.

"Low Level Hell"

Holy smoke it looks AWESOME, some really amazing stuff you guys has created there :cool:

I'm unspeakable :clap:

Thanks!

We hope you guys enjoy it when its released... We're having fun making it... hopefully the time going into this thing shows...

I am curious to see what, if any, missions are created so it gives us something to play as well. We are planning on providing missions with the download, but it is always neat to see what the community has up its sleeve.

but it is always neat to see what the community has up its sleeve.

Well i have some ideas :)

I really don't know what i'm looking most forward to OA or this masterpiece :cool:

Some more recent WIP pics. Showing you how spooky the jungle looks:

promo20.th.jpgpromo21.th.jpg

promo22a.th.jpgpromo23.th.jpgpromo24s.th.jpg

Cheers,

The Unsung MOD

(Don't just experience Vietnam, LIVE IT!)

wow! looks great. I can't wait to load up this mod and play "run through the jungle" and other ccr songs :D

I like the look of that!

Looks amazing, I can't wait to make some missions.

This will include Marines as well as Army right?

Looks amazing, I can't wait to make some missions.

This will include Marines as well as Army right?

Yes both marines and army are in there , plus CIDG,LRRP's ECT... :) Plenty of different units to make missions with. Plus a few more little OTHER goodies in there to immerse yourself in the mod :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I'm very sorry if someone has asked this before, but i don't have time to go through every page.

Anyway, is there going to be South Vietnamese troops either in the intial release or in later updates?

I'm very sorry if someone has asked this before, but i don't have time to go through every page.

Anyway, is there going to be South Vietnamese troops either in the intial release or in later updates?

We do have CIDG troops not sure if they are going to be released in this batch, I'll get back to you on that.

No worries... ARVN troops are being built, or about to be started...

They will NOT be in the upcoming release. But very much on the radar screen.

Hope this helps.

PolishGI,

great to hear, i don't mind if there not in the initial release, just as long as they come eventually.

ffs you guys are killing me, isn't it enough that the wait for OA is killing me :p

It's looking amazingly good :cool:

hell yeahh good screens,Vietcong1 feeling :D...best vietnam-mod ever for ofp and arma1.