Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

We are hoping to publish an Operational Manual that accompanies the MOD. This includes some light reading about the weaponry, vehicles and aircraft used in Vietnam along with any scripts (how to use) and appendices telling everyone the weapon/ammo class names, infantry unit makeups etc. We think this is a great addition since it wraps everything up into a single document.

Our intent is to release this Manual about 1-2 weeks prior to public release to give everyone something to chew on and an idea of what to expect. The manual will also be apart of the download. As a preliminary notion, the manual will be around 100 pages or so to start. Obviously this will grow with the MOD as we have future updates/releases.

I recall a Vietnam War mod for Command & Conquer: Generals that did the same thing. Any relation?

I recall a Vietnam War mod for Command & Conquer: Generals that did the same thing. Any relation?

I am not familar with that...

I am not familar with that...

No worries, I was simply curious. I remember printing off about 80 pages of a manual for that mod many years ago.

If it's C&C your not familiar with, well then I have just one thing to say.

Kane Lives! :p

*Seriously: The mod looks great & I'm looking forward to it.

No worries, I was simply curious. I remember printing off about 80 pages of a manual for that mod many years ago.

If it's C&C your not familiar with, well then I have just one thing to say.

Kane Lives! :p

*Seriously: The mod looks great & I'm looking forward to it.

haha

Yes, familar with C&C! But now I am bummed that the manual is no longer an original idea... hahaha :p

Don't be! :D It shows that the only mods that really bother/care to provide a full manual, documenting features etc. are Vietnam mods.

Wow. Great looking mod! Some of those pictures reminds me of the old '93 SEALTEAM game by EA, especially with those diamond boxes around the AI.

Hope to see it comes into v1.0 real soon.

This mod looks great!!!!! Ten times better than that new COD game set in 'Nam!!!

Woe, looks like you guys have done heaps of work. Looking good.

Great to see that the Unsung team is still hard at work!

Vietnam Era is my favourite Scenario! Looking forward to your mod guys!!!!!! ;-)

The screenshots look great, good job!

Ok I made a quick WIP video for all you nam nuts..regarding the sounds they haven't all been plugged as yet.

Quick sit-rep :

We nearly finished moving everything over to arma 2 the proper way, not a quick n nasty port from A1 ;)

We had a few issues with our veg but the boss man CJ525 is working on that....Old PGI is running round like mother goose tying up all the loose ends, CSJ is still plodding along converting all the military hardware over... Also I'm happy to report ANZACSAS Steve has join our team which is speeding up our config issues being sorted.

Yes its a scene of much action over here so stay tuned.....

Still up to release the manual?

I look forward to this, I haven't played anything nam-related for years now :)

Old??? Who's old? I'm offended Sav... haha

Of course we have every intention of releasing the manual. But we don't want to release it until we are about one week out. It will also be included in the master download when the MOD is released. When the stand alone Manual is finally released, you guys will know we are close... I would say give or take 5-9 days depending on internal final tests.

Old??? Who's old? I'm offended Sav... haha

I'll rephrase ol, is that better ? :P :)

looking good! I remember porting those trench objects over for myself.. they were great!

Great news! Really wanting to try the Mod. Hope the day of release comes quick.

Cheers!

Is there a way to add random booby traps to an area via a module or script? I think that'd be cool, so even the mission maker doesn't know where the traps may be.