Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Hi Unsung Mod Team

Realy like our Mod, i keep an eye of this.

keep up the good work.:)

Regards HD_Läppli

Hi,

Progress is slow, but we are stil moving ahead. :)

Small team with lot's of RL stuff to do. peep happens.

If we could just get some more new recruits it would help a lot.

So anybody who would like to help out on some stuff (no beta testers) reply in this thread: Unsung Mod Recruitment thread

You will need to register on the site to actually be able to read that thread and post there. But if you are willing to help you will need to register anyways ;)

Cheers,

:)

We are around... I for one have slowed up a bit due to RL issues and computer issues... Computer crapped out... trying to recover...

Slowly but surely... We are still around...

Heads up!

The Unsung MOD's WIP report

We figure people might want to know what's going on.

Well The Unsung is still out there.

Lot's of RL stuff of our teams members got in the way of progress. But! Here's some latest screens of WIP just so you know we are moving forward again!

arma22010051317121436.th.jpg

unsarmypromo1.th.jpg

unsarmypromo8.th.jpg

unsarmypromo10.th.jpg

unslrrppromo4.th.jpg

More pics continued in next post...quickly read on!

Continuing pics....

unsnvareconpromo2.th.jpg

unsusmcpromo2.th.jpg

unsvcpromo2.th.jpg

unsvcpromo3.th.jpg

unsvcreconpromo2.th.jpg

Current status is that we are bug fixing, expanding, beta testing, optimising at full steam again. Hopefully we will have something for you all to play with soon.

Cheers,

The Unsung MOD

Great news pall nice work as ever team

There's been a huge improvement in quality there guys! Model and texture wise.

The shots really got the Vietnam feeling to them.

let's try to find charlie again ! :D I really loved that mod on armed assault, you're doing a great job boys! :yay: I keep an eye on it

Great to hear you guys are still working on it as i'm REALLY looking forward to a vietnam mod :)

It looks really cool, love the foliage :cool:

Yeah!

Looks great - 60's / 70's ftw :)

D.

oh, btw: I'm a config / mission maker person only, but if you need any help in these areas, just tell me.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Like the pics and it's looking like a very cool mod to get:)

Awesome! Keep up the good work, hope to see you soon in Arma 2! Vietnam: the one place where it's not only permissable, but even desirable that the enemy AI shoots you invisibly through the vegetation while you're frantically looking around for them.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Hi Vilas!

Thanks for the post. The AK has been left untouched from our ArmA 1 release. I assume, what you are referring to is the Chinese made Type 56 Assault Rifle (buldozer shot) which was copied from the Russian AK-47. It had a stamped receiver and a permanent (cruciform) bayonet. The color of the wood is a bit lighter (name escapes me right now; type of wood that China uses) than that of the Russian cousin because that is the type of wood that the Chinese had to work with when they copied the AK. So it is going to be lighter in color...

We are planning on having multiple types of AKs and CT56s in the next release. To have JUST the AK-47 would not be accurate or as eventful.

Thanks for staying on top of us! :butbut:

i own a chinese made SKS, or type 56 as you put it(among many other firearms in my collection) and if you guys need pictures from any certain angle that you cant find online just give me a shout

also looking forward to the m-14 more so than the m-16, my old man was issued one in basic, and had it while he served in nam

Thanks for the kind words guys... Always appreciated... Yeah, we had a sabatical due to RL issues... But we are back on... currently combing through about 1.0-1.2GB worth of data files looking for errors or troubleshooting. We are finalizing the island now that we believe we found a recipe we can live with and that A2 agrees with...

Thanks for the offer! Currently we have 58 x weapons with various grenades, 14 x vehicles, 8 x helicopters and boat loads of infantry. Various Pistols, SMGs, Shotguns, Rifles, Assault Rifles, Machineguns, Grenade Launchers and Anti-Tank Weapons. Even have the old French stuff included for the VC...

95% of the weapons are animated (as you would hope for and expect) so I do not think you will be disappointed. SKS (Type 56) and the Chinese Type 56 (AK47 copy) are both in the mix. M-14 and the automatic version are included and you should like it... it really "delivers the mail" if you know what I mean.

one of most wanted mods and when remeber how i liked ofp's MP with unsung mod...

ah darn, i jizzed ma pants again >.<

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Nice work lads cant wait for it to come out.

Thanks for the kind words guys... Always appreciated... Yeah, we had a sabatical due to RL issues... But we are back on... currently combing through about 1.0-1.2GB worth of data files looking for errors or troubleshooting. We are finalizing the island now that we believe we found a recipe we can live with and that A2 agrees with...

So does this mean that you guys are more or less doing internal beta testing now before a public beta release? :D

That makes it sound so formal... and that a release date has been established.

This is not the case. We are currently going through the data files testing, implementing, testing, revising, and tweaking currently. Typically, we will need to make some missions for you guys to play. Nobody wants a MOD without missions to play...

That makes it sound so formal... and that a release date has been established.

This is not the case. We are currently going through the data files testing, implementing, testing, revising, and tweaking currently. Typically, we will need to make some missions for you guys to play. Nobody wants a MOD without missions to play...

Hehe ok :)

Well i'm actually looking forward to making missions for the mod, the vietnam era is a huge interest of mine :cool:

Hehe ok :)

Well i'm actually looking forward to making missions for the mod, the vietnam era is a huge interest of mine :cool:

Excellent news! Really, content is about 90-95% complete less the island. The island will not take much to get it ready for release now that we know what needs to be done. The A2 engine is not terribly user friendly when trying to recreate a 'jungle' atmosphere. This has caused the delay... and many headaches...

Once the island file has reached the level of the other files, we will continue to put together a few missions and kick off our Internal Beta testing week(s). This typically takes 1-2 weeks as a final walkthrough. Final revisions are made, if any, and then it is kicked out the door to the public.

We are hoping to publish an Operational Manual that accompanies the MOD. This includes some light reading about the weaponry, vehicles and aircraft used in Vietnam along with any scripts (how to use) and appendices telling everyone the weapon/ammo class names, infantry unit makeups etc. We think this is a great addition since it wraps everything up into a single document.

Our intent is to release this Manual about 1-2 weeks prior to public release to give everyone something to chew on and an idea of what to expect. The manual will also be apart of the download. As a preliminary notion, the manual will be around 100 pages or so to start. Obviously this will grow with the MOD as we have future updates/releases.

First day of my Summer and this news released. Awesome to hear it's close to release.