Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Incredible

I have no formal opinion on black op being banned. Though I will say I get tired of his daily anti-moderator propaghanda. Btw democracy is over-rated, after all it was invented by the French biggrin.gif j/k (bad joke under the circumstance I know but I couldn't resist)

Stealt Eagle: If you promise to stop insulting me in Danish and stealing my/placebos/kingbeasts nickname smile.gif

What did he call you in danish, I'm curious....

And why is it that noone seems to care about my question?

At least you could say: "Well we don't care, and we're not going to do anything about it." or "You're banned" or "Shut up you wanker" or something to that effect...

Bleh! We're not already forwards...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stealt Eagle @ Mar. 26 2002,01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Dave, can't u just unban me from the IRC, all i did was pratically nothing wink.gifbiggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No it's our secret club and we don't want you playing with us no more so there tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What did he call you in danish, I'm curious....<span id='postcolor'>

He said 3 lines, my name then winked so either he was insulting me or asking me for man love. Either way It did not please me sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 26 2002,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And why is it that noone seems to care about my question?

At least you could say: "Well we don't care, and we're not going to do anything about it." or "You're banned" or "Shut up you wanker" or something to that effect...<span id='postcolor'>

The question about what Sith said? It's not our place to contradict or argue with the other moderators in public, personally I can understand his frustrations, it's the frustrations all of us moderators felt today with the things that happened.

Could he have been more tactful? Well we all could at times couldn't we smile.gif

Well, actually i can't remember what I said bout u, and that formally means i didn't at all mean it biggrin.gif, but it annoyed me that u kept saying that raikonen or something on finnish

Damn that Babelfish, damn it too hell, hey wait, it came out good to my side so i should be happy smile.gif, so i am, but now i wanna see some

ok..i saw this when it started, and hesitated to post my opinion at the moment cause there were some issues that had to be sorted out.

let me just say something b4 i go munch. Again, this is my opinion

1.was the joke acceptable?

-> no. the joke clearly makes fun of Pakistanis, but is not based on fun, but rather degrading them. for example, the joke 'how do you know if a Pakistanis is lying? when his lips move.' is clearly a degradation of Pakistanis. you are basically calling them liars. Is there some concrete evidence that this(saying lies habitualy) is culturally accepted behaviour in Pakistan? no. is there any world wide concensus that Pakistanis are habitual liars? No. thus, it can only tell that this joke is bashing Pakistanis.

another joke about an insect in tea was funny until it got to Chinese part. the British and American reaction is description of cultural difference, AFAIK. Americans tend to get rid of problem, then go on with their business whether that business was sideswiped(in this joke, would be insect). I really don't know how average Brit would react to botched deal/business, but I do understand that Britain has image of a gentleman, and thus would like to stop the business deal if it has been sideswiped and cannot be as same as what the deal started out as.

however, I don't see chinese ppl eating that sideswipe. This reference seems to be a degradation of Chinese. Sure, China has more rural areas than urban areas, but don't disregard that this country is also capable of causing havok in international politics, much often than Britain. I've seen some white biologists eating fried insects, but none of Chinese I know.

also, the Indian joke was questionable. Yes, Indians do tend to do small business, but is it becuase it's there trait? I doubt so. one of the best mathematicians/scientist come from India. and 2 years ago, an Indian in UK's university won Nobel Economics prize(can't beleive this is called a Nobel prize..Nobel must be angry in his grave) for his study on poverty. Thus, the only reason that many Indian ppl in UK do small business is becuase that's only one they can start with their small money.

Furthermore, I remember that when CDC broke out, UK gov't investigation assumed that initial entrance of the virus was via illegal smuggling of beef to be used for Chinese restuarants. This report had to be retracted after furor rose over its assumptions that it was Chinese who were to blame, without ANY concrete evidence.

and making fun of other's accent is another childish act.

2.did Hilandor and KingBeast have right to say whatever they say?

->Yes.

3.is OFPN a private network?

->this is question that every law-related agencies are still tackling with. OFPN is run by AndOne, but it is accessible to everyone who wants too. thus the public aspect does exist. however, it is also true that it mainly consists of closely knitted fellows, thus making a very private gathering. but just becuase it is private gathering, it doesn't mean that they can say whatever they want and then ask for privacy. the public aspect exists, thus cannot conclude that it's exclusivly pertaining to private groups.

4.did Black Op's action to post their(Hil,KingB) words on OFP forum(here) constitute defamatory action?

-> no. AFAI see it, both Hilandor and KingB admitted they said these jokes. So, both were saying it, and since from above, I claim that public aspect of OPFN exists, Black Op has done nothing wrong. If Hil and King is mad at anything, they should be mad at allowing themselves to enjoy such tasteless jokes.

Black Op could be criticized for waiting until the dammaging jokes were placed upon, but that does not mean that Hil and King's reactions were right. Hil and King could have not said it, and Black Op would be left without anything to 'backstab' with. Hil and King chose to go with it, and now they are being criticized for saying such things.

5. was reaction to ban him justifyable?

=> no. but only slightly.

Black op has been spamming this forum for last couple of days as cited by moderators. However, there are other ppl who did same thing but are not under the same penalty as of this moment. It is true and just that Black Op was spamming and thus deserves some kind of penalty, but singling him out is not.

By executing penalty as soon as the pics of tastless jokes were posted does nothing positive to moderator's reaction.

Now, there were some arguments that when moderators are on their duty, they are professional. I see that moderators do mostly good job of moderating here.

However, I also don't think that moderators who were enjoying such tasteless jokes are different person who moderates here. We know that Hilandor who moderates this forum is same person as the one who enjoyed such jokes. Then someone should ask, how could this be? is it that the two people both have multiple personality disorder? No. they are the same exact ppl. who come here as moderators. It is no doubt that their duty and action has been worthwhile here. However, it's also true that these two's have another aspect that is not covered by this forum. But just becuase someone took a screen shot of that aspect and bring it here does not make that 'backstabber' wrong. Both Hil and King has that intrinsic poperty that enjoyed that joke, and if they are afraid to have it discussed, then it's their choice. However, they DO NOT have right to stop others from discussing it and revealing it.

Here's a news I want both King and Hil to read. See how this evangelist reacts when he sees problem.

p.s.

while you guys were arguing over this, i had to help a newbie!!!! think how tragic this is!!!!!!!! Ralph Wiggum helping a newbie?confused.gif!!!!!!!confused.gif??!!!!!! guys!!!!! shake hands and help newbies!!!!!!

Well, whatever the job of the moderators here is, it is NOT PR...

"To put it in "Black Op language":

Fuck off you pathetic lil prick!"

I would expect to see that on a clan forum or some such. But on the discussion board of a Gaming company, posted by one of the staff? Hmmm, OK.

This is Black Op (only account i have left now they banned me wink.gif)

anyway i think i deserve my say in this,

the racist joke was being told as soon as i logged onto the channel, as you can see from the screenshot if you notice.

also i was not spying, i only came onto the channel because thehamster wanted some help as he had not used irc before,a nd i dont use the name black op because i only use that name (used wink.gif) on these forums

and they say they banned me for my foul language, i only responded with foul language after what hilandor said to me

of course you cant see it now because the hypocrite edited his post about 10 seconds later.

you may think it was wrong to post the pictures as a topic but i was fed up with my pm's just been ignored about my opinions on the abuse of moderators

a while back in the irc channel monkey lib front called kingbeast "a fucking wanker" or something, armourdave then proceeded to tell monkey lib front how much he hated him and proceeded to ban him from the forum (dont believe any bullshit they tell you i witnesed the event and he was banned for what he did on irc. i then sent a pm to placebo about this and monkey then had his posting rights reinstated

so if irc is in no way related to these forums why did armourdave ban monkey?

(insert armourdave bullshit here)

in my opinion placebo is the only guy who behaves responsibly as a moderator on these forums, i agree i should have been banned for my foul language but i only responded with this after the abuse i got from hilandor

so thats black ops story, expect to see it deleted/closed/modertor bullshit cover up very soon smile.gif

goodbye from black op, its been a great time on the forum, except since recent events..

Please dont blame on Kign and Hil in this situation. I banned Black Op and if you have any gripes with this decision, please direct them at me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you may think it was wrong to post the pictures as a topic but i was fed up with my pm's just been ignored about my opinions on the abuse of moderators<span id='postcolor'>

Now if you'd actually have used PM's to talk to the mods about your opinion, we would've had a good chat about it and see if we could've worked out our differences.

However....you choose to attack the mod team on the public forums in many occasions, something we DO NOT tollerate.

My rude reply and the following ban might look harsh as a direct response to the post you made, but that's not the sole reason why I banned you, or why I reacted in such frustration. I do not regret my choice of words in that post, since I feel like it's the only way I can get people like you to understand how mad actions like these can make me. Like I said before, since the day the new mod team got here, you've been nothing but a whining little spammer who's nothing but foul-mouthed towards the mods and keen on ruining a lot of threads with your useless spam posts. Yes I know there are more people on this forum who spam, and I know we only reset they postcount as 'punishment', but that's because they did NOT attack the mods in such cowardly ways.

If you hate this forum and it's mods that much...I guess I did you a favour by deleting your right to post.

Ralph: OFPN is the Operation Flashpoint Network...it's a fansite, not the OFP IRC channel.

Longinius: The mod team is not employed by BIS, so our actions and reactions do not represent their views in any way. We're just trying to keep this place nice and tidy, but with ppl like Black Op around this can get quite frustrating hence the sometimes frustrated choice of words  confused.gif

"Longinius: The mod team is not employed by BIS, so our actions and reactions do not represent their views in any way. We're just trying to keep this place nice and tidy, but with ppl like Black Op around this can get quite frustrating hence the sometimes frustrated choice of words "

You are still a part of the staff though, since you are moderators. Being a moderator does not only give you power, it gives you responsibilities aswell.

Like it or not this is the OFFICIAL board. Thus tied in with the company that makes the game. Therefor, YOU are tied in since the employees of that company have chosen you to do their moderating.

My personal opinion:

I think all sides owe each other an apology to some degree and everyone's status should go back to the way it was before this whole thing started. Then, forget this ever occurred.

Moderators: in certain minimal ways, I would expect that you set minimal examples of not tolerating what you don't tolerate of others.

Sorry for mothering.

Something we can all use: http://www.wordscanheal.org/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 26 2002,11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And now milk and cookies for everyone.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent idea!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Mar. 26 2002,09:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ralph: OFPN is the Operation Flashpoint Network...it's a fansite, not the OFP IRC channel.<span id='postcolor'>

I know....but some moderators have links to it, and it seems to be some sort of uber-place for OFP players. it's like the ultimate heaven of somesort.

i agree with Longinus...

banning black op is not good, i liked him..he is far from being the worst one here, as spammer or anything else.

its easy to see that he is a well liked member here, looking at the discussions we have over him, i have had the feeling for a long time that the forums been too heavily moderated..

if black was banned for calling hilandor and kingbeast racists...ive called loads of people here racists, for less reasons...so has avon, and i dont see either of us banned.

perhaps you call call anyone a racist, as long you dont call a mod racist ,and you cant deny that black op did have a reason..even if i dont think king + hil are racists, but its a lot more than is needed on this forum normally to get a racist-sentence.

....as for bad language?..you can find dozens of examples that are a lot worse pretty easily....your final words are among those..even if you dont use that language much.

i dont see the wrong in un-banning him, perhaps you should rethink your decision sith?

it takes a great man to admit a mistake....imho banning him was a mistake.

Yeah, people, knock it off. Let's bash some country instead! That's always so much fun. Somebody find a news item highlighting the stupidity of some country and then we'll just let it fly. Of course the people from the country being bashed should defend their beloved father/motherland to the death.

Let it rip! There haven't been a bashing thread for a couple of days now... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif