Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Incredible

Nah nobody can forget that one.

It's the second biggest OFP forum thread ever smile.gif

To whether this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fuck off you pathetic lil prick! <span id='postcolor'>

is ok...

It all depends on the way you look at it.

Normally we see in 3D but you will have to look at this question in 4D.

But I happily say to you that it will explode in your face. Hide the money, they are coming to get it.

Damn it they even stuck me on mute on mirc is there no end to there treachery biggrin.gif

umm *cough* *cough* they took me off it now must get this power they have.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 25 2002,23:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Damn it they even stuck me on mute on mirc is there no end to there treachery biggrin.gif

umm *cough* *cough* they took me off it now must get this power they have.<span id='postcolor'>

Is this the OFP IRC you are talking about?

I think that the mods should moderate and make the rules be respected. Not just ban ppl because they criticise a lot and u dont like them or close threads because u dont like that opinion.

If at ur work place u dont like some1 un dont just shoot him or erase him, but like all normal ppl u would tell him that u cant stand him and just ignore all his actions.

Remeber this is a democracy not a Dictatorship, u guys should understand that all ppl are different and have different opinions.

Thats what I expext from u guys because I BELIEVE that here we are all mature enough and we are all tired of this.

Now to those who must give apologies do so and lets be all "friends" like b4

B.t.W. I dont mind u guys and if I see a thread where there is stuff that is not pertinent to ofp is probably in offtopic so I just skip it.

I entirely agree with Nordin. Banning Black Op was way out of line. He had something very relevant to say. Ok, so he used rude language - but so what - if you check the other threads you will see people calling each other "fuckheads" and similar things without anybody getting banned.

This was supposed to be a free open forum. Not a place where people are afraid of saying things because they are afraid of being banned. As long as people follow ther rules, don't flame, spam and have a valid opinion, they should be allowed to say it. I am not supporting some anarchy here, but some basic objectivity. I normally agree with you mods and I think you are needed, but in this case I can't say that I agree with you.

There is no cover up denoir, you are jsut getting carried away with yourself.

We made some jokes that some people consider racist, whereas most of us just take them for what they are. Innocent jokes.

Were they in bad taste? Yes I guess in hindsight they were.

Im assuming the thread was closed because it really had no reason to exist. It is nobodies business what goes on out of this forum. Maybe there are some pervs and paedophiles on the member list of the forum, but who cares? Its their own business.

Telling those jokes doesnt make us racist, it makes us human. So lets stop all this nonsense and agree that yes, it was in bad taste to tell such jokes, but it was in even worse taste to sneak around an IRC room spying on people, then taking screenshots of comments made and posting them for everyone to see.

I mean cmon, its almost like the papparazzi, and those guys are pure scum

And fyi the OFP irc room is not connected to the forums. It is owned by AndOne.

There was no hatred in those comments, and isnt racism about hatred?

For example if I had said "I hate pakistanis, I wish they would all die"

or if maybe I said "Chinese people are worthless and should be wiped from the earth"

(both comments are jsut examples and i do not agree with them in any way)

Then that would very obviously and quite clearly be racism. Tongue in cheek jokes are hardly the same.

In fact by your reasoning, almost every joke in the world should never be told?

Because the majority of jokes involve making fun of something or someone.

As for blackops post, was he actually offended by these jokes? Or was he trying to take a stab at the moderators in question (me and hilly)

(PS if anyone was offended by the jokes then please accept my sincerest apologies)

Oh my god, its a cover up.

CIA, FBI, MOD, MI5, MI6, ahhhhhhrrhhgg.

dont panic, dont panic tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Mar. 26 2002,01<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for blackops post, was he actually offended by these jokes? Or was he trying to take a stab at the moderators in question (me and hilly)<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, you poor people. I am also sure that he tricked you into saying something that would be considered inappropriate.

Frankly, I really don't care what jokes you tell and I am pretty sure that you are not really racists. You have every right to tell all the jokes you want, and I cannot and don't want to do anything about it. I just said, that they were tasteless and that I didn't like them, which I think I am allowed to say.

So was Black Op, no matter what his agenda was. It doesn't matter if he was offended by them or not or if he was out to get you. He didn't lie about anything. It wasn't slander. He just reported on what he had seen. No matter for what reason. That is called freedom of speech.

The argument of that what people do outside the forum is their own business is a valid one, but it cuts both ways. Black Op can't be accountable in the forum for spying on you in the mIrc channel. As you said the channel is not in any way connected to the forum. Black Op did not violate the forum rules, yet he was banned!

The "he did it only to stab us in the back" argument is exactly the same arguments that dictatorships use to jail reporters and other dissident people: "enemy of the state".

Now I am perfectly aware that this is not a democracy, since we don't choose our moderators. But please guys, try to make it at least an enlightened dictature. Try to act in the greater interests of the forum instead of focusing on petty personal conflicts. I think that Black Op, was more good then bad for the forum.

U never now, he might be a Pakistani or Chinese.

If I was I would have get mad like he did. I know that there is lot of those jokes around (I AM BLACK) but none of my friend never said them in front of me and if he did he clarified that he was saying just a joke. Even though the irc channel is not own from bis, U mods guys should behave because U REPRESENT THIS FORUM. Is just as if u said a dirty joke in that channel and a kid that is 12 reads it, what would u think his father would think about u MODERATORS.

When I am wearing my work uniform I cant fight or misbehave wherever I am. My friend got fired for inappropriate actions wearing work uniform. TIP 4 the future If u feel like sharing inappropriate jokes just turn on ur icq and have a 2 WAY conversation.

The only problem now is that Bis is not reading the forum because the are away getting their well deserved awards. When they will be back I am sure they will take action. Beside that keep doing ur job.

Okay I cant being to stress enoguh that the OFP IRC channel IS IN NO WAY RELATED AT ALL TO THIS FORUM. Other than the fact that they are based around operation flashpoint.

And denoir I did not ban black op nor suggest that he be banned. However I still see what he did as a rather tasteless act. Like If I found out your fetish was playing with gerbils (who knows eh?) then it wouldnt be very nice of me to make a post called "DENOIR GETS TURNED ON BY GERBILS"

Not to mention it would have no relevance whatsoever.

I know a fetish is quite different from what we are talking about, but do you see my point?

You dont make posts like that because they are interesting. Posts like that are made to "stir the pot" so to speak.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These fascist methods disgust me, frankly.<span id='postcolor'>

Frankly I'm disgusted at being called a fascist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And fyi the OFP irc room is not connected to the forums. It is owned by Adammo.<span id='postcolor'>

Well actually it's owned by AndOne smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are acting like a bunch of kiddies who think it's a lot of fun deciding who is going to be a member of their secret club and who is not.<span id='postcolor'>

I'll let you on a little secret, OFP has always had a secret club from day 1 of the very first fansite (coldwar). There are still remains of that club to this day though most have moved on or have vanished from the face of the OFP world.

Our IRC channel is Our secret club and we like it that way. We are close friends and enjoy being able to talk rubbish to each other on our own without the constant complaining and bitching that is an on going-cycle on this forum.

In reality no one can disagree with the fact that since the forums merged they have become a million times better. If you will cast your mind back to the time when EVERY post was in the wrong forum, contained spam or was just another country/religion bashing waste of space.

I 100% agree that BlackOp had something relevant to say, but to be honest I dont like the way he did it. If you will check those images you will see he didn't use his real name. He very sneakily waited untill someone said something that could be used against that person then posted it here. Fair play to him. It was a very smart thing to do and he achieved his goal: to dig up dirt on one or more moderators and post it here. smile.gif I think he could easily find a job in English tabloids.

I am not defending Black Op's methods. I am only saying that he should have not been banned since he didn't violate the forum rules more then any other of us. I think I have made my points clear.

I'm off to bed, enough of defending democracy and the free world for one day... smile.gif

I believe that a world where you cannot tell funny jokes for fear of offending someone isn't a world worth living in.

Keep on yuking it up in the free world!

-=Die Alive=-