Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

Incredible

I wouldn't have believed the Moderators could act this way...

Whether or not it is ok to tell jokes about people of other nationalities, is not for me to decide, but BlackOp had an opinion about this. He didn't like it, and he stated that, and as a result he is banned? WTF? WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?

That's just unbelievable.

What's with the mysterious new poster, who by chance happened to make his first post in that thread?

How can Hilandor say this about BlackOp

"an ass a backstabbin, devious twat, if that was your only reason that u came into mirc was to spy on people then i feel real sorry for u, you shall go thru life grassing on everyone, making peoples life piss cos u get a slight erection with ur homemade power.

now shutup cos ur mum said its story time"

without any Moderator reacting?

And as for Sith's comment, that should just result in instant banning.

Perhaps we should all resign and let this place become the hellhole it used to be, would you be happy then? What do you suggest?

Perhaps we could just listen to authority once and let it rest ffs. If you were this enthusiastic about the domestic policies of your country, the world would be a much better place mad.gif

yes nordic i did write that but if u at least double checked i realised i wrote that in temper then edited it to something completely different. just after i had posted it and i mean 30 seconds later

I think you should all calm down and think about this.

Every minute we are talking about this, 101 people die somewhere in the world.

And yet here we are talking about this stuff on a forum.

Doesn't that make this arguing seem so useless?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 25 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps we should all resign and let this place become the hellhole it used to be, would you be happy then? What do you suggest?<span id='postcolor'>

I suggest there would be a better way of handling something like that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 25 2002,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif I suggest resetting their post counts!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Good idea.

Done smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 25 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Perhaps we should all resign and let this place become the hellhole it used to be, would you be happy then? What do you suggest?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, you couldn't moderate the ofpn forums well enough - that forum was a right fuck up, so you take over this forum and now you totally fuck this one up as well. And like nordin said you act like dickheads, shutting down threads you don't like (usually because you aren't welcome there) and ban people who take offence at you being racist twats. I personally prefered the old forum, it wasn't really a hellhole, the only improvement you have brought to the forum is the poll thing :O and the new forum style is slightly better as well. The old forum had the serious topics and the spam topics, one or two people hated this but all the spammers and closet genius' came to a compromise - you guys can't even do that, you just ban anyone who says you're all twats. Otherwise you just abuse your power, and spam the forum with your '''well, we're such great mates from the opfn forum'' shite, little realising no one gave a fuck about the opfn forums cos you made them so f ing boring - which is exactly what you're doing here, banning most of the regulars (except the ones who kiss your ass obviously) and generally being twats about the whole thing.

so i would prefer if you leave. I mean, this'll get me banned no doubt, but hey, i can just register again sometime easily.

btw - this is mainly directed at sith, placebo and pretty much every mod except kingbeast who was a nice bloke before he became a mod (i haven't been on the forum recently so i dunno if its changed him)

Sigh!

I guess I agree with Damage Inc, and I think it's a shame that BlackOp was banned for being critical.

I do not appreciate this sentence, Hilandor. "If u at least double cheked". That's called turning the blame. I made no mistake, agreed?

And I really don't appreciate Sith's remark. Where did that come from? Is it too late to quote it now? Has that been edited as well..?

Wait, let me go check...

Hey it's still there.

Here's how it goes:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK...since you dont want to stay around here anyway, you're hereby officially banned from this forum. Your actions and language are way out of line.

To put it in "Black Op language":

Fuck off you pathetic lil prick! <span id='postcolor'>

Is that alright?

We set a few simple forum rules to ensure a pleasant experience in the forums, 99% of the people who use these forums have no problem with them, it's only a minority who don't agree with the rules and do all they can to cause grief for those who give up their free time to give something back for that community, as far as I'm concerned that minority can leave and go somewhere else, they're of no benefit to the community.

I could have respected that u had locked a topic with an arguement, but u just closed it like that, a brilliant topic like: "Post ur pictures here", or my proposal:"A proposal"

The only thing i can say is that insulting BlackOp is not the right thing to do. Just ,leave him alone. He would stop sooner or later if u wouldn't care.

I do not agree with Charlie_McSheenie. Forums are better than before. We have more people than before and we need good moderators. Our mods are good. Insulting black op was not the right thing to do, but they're only people. They're no gods. This forums would be a mess without moderators like placebo and others. Boring mess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stealt Eagle @ Mar. 25 2002,22:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I could have respected that u had locked a topic with an arguement, but u just closed it like that, a brilliant topic like: "Post ur pictures here", or my proposal:"A proposal"<span id='postcolor'>

They were closed because others saw an opportunity for useless spamming.

There has GOT to be something better to do.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stealt Eagle @ Mar. 25 2002,21:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I could have respected that u had locked a topic with an arguement, but u just closed it like that,<span id='postcolor'>

"Post ur pictures here" = a thread where people spam simply by posting picture after picture, if someone has a genuinely interesting picture to post along with some kind of explanation, for example those pics recently of the boat hitting a bridge and sinking, otherwise it's simply spam in image form.

proposal:"A proposal" = This is an old old "proposal", we already have enough work to do moderating all the forums there are, we don't need another one to moderate that has basically no rules or whatever. You have OT, there are very few limits to what kind of things can be discussed in there so I don't see what the problem is, if you don't want to make posts that are discussions then I really don't see the point of using the forums, if you want to go somewhere to chill out, have a laugh, talk shit with friends then that's what IRC, ICQ, AIM, MSN etc. etc. etc. are for.

Well...forums where much more fun and better and many people posted good ideas before this moderators came to scene...it was much better when developers and people with good sense moded forums..not a bunch of hypocrit moders like black op said....(this has been demostrated with Black op´s post)

Also this demonstrates what kind of people are the moderators in this forum....probably many boot lickers will defend them buts that because if you aren´t kissing placebo´s,Sith´s and hilandor´s ass you are just banned like Black op.

B.t.w. I'd like to be the first to welcome Charlie_McSweeney, Mora2 and SirLagsalot to the OffTopic section of the official Operation Flashpoint Forum.

Your timing gentlemen, has been impeccable.

Due to popular request, we opened up a new OFPN Moderators Fanclub fund, for all your kind donations. For more information please consult the OFPN Moderator Fansite, where you can order your very own OFPN-Team T-shirts, posters and underwear.

Seriously though....Black Op being banned wasnt 'just' bcuz of that post he made. That simply was the last drop for me. In the past months he has done NOTHING on this forum except spamming threads to death and attacking the moderator team in every possible way at every possible moment.

People like him ruin this place for many others that DO want to have a serious discussion here. We're not censoring your right to have fun around here, we simply draw a line where funny posts turn into annoying posts. We've been very lenient towards Black Op (and several other spammers) for a long time, but he simply crossed this line too far this time, thus I have removed his posting abilities for what may be forever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Otherwise you just abuse your power, and spam the forum with your '''well, we're such great mates from the opfn forum'' shite, little realising no one gave a fuck about the opfn forums cos you made them so f ing boring - which is exactly what you're doing here, banning most of the regulars (except the ones who kiss your ass obviously) and generally being twats about the whole thing.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm...which in turn leaves me wondering why the OFPN forums have always been the biggest (and till recently longest running) unofficial forums in the community? Looks like we got ourselves one massive army of ass-kissers out there smile.gif

If you're such a "community veteran" yourself, why havent I ever seen you before? Please do reveal your true face and tell me all about your infinite knowledge of the OFP community and it's forum history.

Why does it bother a few people that a moderator tells jokes???

Its like seeing a school teacher swear. OH the shock.

I still think that those jokes were funney and Im gonna tell them to my mates.

Its not hate or racism, its humour.

Hillandor is Scotish and there are plenty of jokes about them biggrin.gifsmile.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sith @ Mar. 25 2002,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Due to popular request, we opened up a new OFPN Moderators Fanclub fund, for all your kind donations. For more information please consult the OFPN Moderator Fansite, where you can order your very own OFPN-Team T-shirts, posters and underwear.

Seriously though....Black Op being banned wasnt 'just' bcuz of that post he made. That simply was the last drop for me. In the past months he has done NOTHING on this forum except spamming threads to death and attacking the moderator team in every possible way at every possible moment.

People like him ruin this place for many others that DO want to have a serious discussion here. We're not censoring your right to have fun around here, we simply draw a line where funny posts turn into annoying posts. We've been very lenient towards Black Op (and several other spammers) for a long time, but he simply crossed this line too far this time, thus I have removed his posting abilities for what may be forever.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Otherwise you just abuse your power, and spam the forum with your  '''well, we're such great mates from the opfn forum'' shite, little realising no one gave a fuck about the opfn forums cos you made them so f ing boring - which is exactly what you're doing here, banning most of the regulars (except the ones who kiss your ass obviously) and generally being twats about the whole thing.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm...which in turn leaves me wondering why the OFPN forums have always been the biggest (and till recently longest running) unofficial forums in the community? Looks like we got ourselves one massive army of ass-kissers out there smile.gif

If you're such a "community veteran" yourself, why havent I ever seen you before? Please do reveal your true face and tell me all about your infinite knowledge of the OFP community and it's forum history.<span id='postcolor'>

lol, yeah, when i went to your ''longest running, most spankingly good forums'' 3 new threads opened in a week, i talked to 2 people, kevinblake and placebo, in addition to a few other people from this forum who i knew anyway, and generally it was a boring, shite forum - thats why i consider it crap. Statistics or whatever may say it was the centre of all entertainment and fun in the opf community, but experiance has told me just how fucking lifeless and boring the opfn forums were.

you haven't seen me here before cos this is my second account you tit tounge.gif which incidentally i set up when you guys moved in here as a lot of people did, it pointless me telling you when i first registered on this forum cos you only took over it about 6 months afterwards. I would tell you who i am but i think that'll threaten my other account wink.gif anyway, you've only played an active role on this forum for about... 3 months now, i could tell you the forum history and all the funny things that have happened, all the cool members, all the fun, long drawn out arguments we had before mkoderation, but you wouldn't know what the fuck i'd be on about. n00bie.

Bleh I bet Blackop is having a nice old chuckle right now at the pandemonium confused.gif