Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

Operation Flashpoint CWC --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Red Hammer --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Resistance --- Disc x1

ArmA 1 --- Disc

ArmA 1: Queens Gambit

ArmA 2 x2

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead x2

Edited by TeilX

oh yes, OFP in the old days. That was a cool and long desired game.

Back in the C64 days i played a tank simulation where it was almost impossible to tell if the black pixels were enemies or not. And in that game i thought ther must be a key on the damn keyboard witch let you leave the tank an run around the map as soldier... i never found that key in this C64 game, but 10 YEARS later in OFP and i was adicted.

Now another 10 years later we have arma2 and there dont pass 10 minutes without once saying "WOW look at that..." or " thats sooo cool!"

Since 2001

Operation Flashpoint CWC Disc

Operation Flashpoint Red Hammer Disc

Operation Flashpoint Resistance Disc

ArmA 1 Disc

ArmA 2

yet to get Arrowhead,

but I play Arma with WarMod on my Server with a buddy regularly.

I've been at it since OFP release day in 2001. I'm turning 35 this year.. :)

Operation Flashpoint CWC Disc

Operation Flashpoint Red Hammer Disc

Operation Flashpoint Resistance Disc

ArmA 1 Disc

ArmA 1 Queens Gambit Disc

ArmA 2 Disc

ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

VBS2 JCOVE

/ ]NTRUDER

back in 2001 i met some russian kids from highschool who had a killer rig and ofp

apart from ducking around there house from there crazy spetsnaz dad

we played OFP {as russians ONLY lol} i still remember the first day i saw game...... that was it for me

BIS is boss!!!

Edited by hobojoe

I've been playing since 2001...Well, I played CWC single player all the time, but never got much into the online commmunity until a while after ArmA 1 came around. It's pretty cool though - I remember being a 13 year old kid seeing CWC on the shelf thinking wtf is this? and here I am still playing it today.

Iam now in army so no much time to play ofp,but during my 1 month vacation i will play resistance campaign again

Pretty much a month doesn't go by before this pops into my head.. "You're in position six, now grab that truck and get out of there, out!" (listen) Pretty much the greatest series, made with by the hearts and minds belonging to a rare mutant breed of developers. They broke the mold on it, there can only be one 'real virtuality'. :)

Hello guys me and my clan members are old school OFP guys so add 8 people more on the veteran list 8-)

Well, to sum it up for me:

The only games where i ever finished campaigns are OFP:CWC, OFP:RH, OFP:Res, Armed Assault, Armed Assault: QG, ArmA 2 and ArmA 2:OA.

The only Games that ever attracted me to play online: OFP incl. expansions, Armed Assault incl. Expansion and ArmA 2 incl. Expansion.

The only games that pushed me to learn new stuff like scripting, modelling, texturing and whatnot:.....a f***, i guess you know the answer.

My CD/DVD Collection:

OFP: CWC - 1

OFP Gold Upgrade - 1

OFP: Resistance - 1

OFP GotY Edition - 1

Armed Assault - 1

Armed Assault: QG - 1

ArmA 2 - 2

ArmA 2: OA - 2

nuff said. :D

I've been playing it since the OFP Demo, I think I was about 12 when it was released, crazy when you think about it.

Ofp demo => now.

Still liking it.

Think I still have 26 Gigs or more worth of Addons for OFP. Gave my Old Machine to a friend last year think along with 2 copies of OFP . SEBNAM addons on Ia Drang Valley map, good times. I miss the Sonic Bomb from the F18 addon. was great fun on lan, Booming over your mates head. Did'nt play much online, bad internet connection here, still is. Just SP and LAN parties.

Edited by cgdermot

Octane,

in #233 you posted the ogg.-quote from the OFP mission Steal the Car. There are some more sentences spoken in this mission. "I knew you had it in you!" and another one, when you arrive at the base without the car.

I am asking because there is a new version of Steal the Car, made by Wiggum for OA. It is a very recommendable interpretation of the classic. Wiggum might be willing to include these quotes in his mission but he doesn't have OFP installed. Link to his thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=105304&highlight=steal+car

I wonder if you could post all voice files from Steal the car in Wiggum's thread. I hope it it not too much trouble and I assure you Wiggum's conversion is worth it.

Thanks and regards

A K

Similar profile to Myke (replaces OFP GOTY with OFP Elite recently, to make up the set).

OFP: CWC

OFP Gold Upgrade

OFP: Resistance

Armed Assault

Armed Assault: QG

ArmA 2

OFP Elite

ArmA 2: OA

BAF

Never actually played OFP online as broadband was not here til 2006, so Arma was my first online experience. I buy all military shooters to try out (once they are in the bargain bins) as you never know . . . always some back to the BIS line though.

Never actually played OFP online as broadband was not here til 2006, so Arma was my first online experience. I buy all military shooters to try out (once they are in the bargain bins) as you never know . . . always some back to the BIS line though.

I remember playing OFP on dial-up back in the day. It worked surprisingly well, as long as the mission was small.

I think I tried dial up a few times but my lack of experience, aka stupidity, made me give up and play SP. Which was challenging enough in itself after playing Spec Ops . . . . with hindsight I wish I had kept trying to get into MP.

Heh i remember that day in 2002 when i saw 2 games with cool military covers and i had to choose which one to buy :) OFP:CWC+Red hammer or Ghost recon(I think)... I chose to buy OFP and I have been playing BIS games ever since :)

I remember seeing OFP:GOTY Edition in a store once. Looked at it and saw the pic with the (2?) soldier on about to go prone, you in 1st person and a house in the distance and some trees. I tough... Wow, a game where you can move anywhere... dad would not ofcourse buy me this super cool game. So I had to wait a couple of months before I got enuff mone to buy it. Installed it, played it, loved it.

It started with OFP:GOTY

found the community, fell in love.

->Arma, Arma:QG

->arma2, arma2:oa & BAF

-> who knows what's next.

:D

OFP PreRelease Alpha (just dont ask...) - Today. I didn't have grey hair back in the OFP days. It's been a long war son!

Hi everybody

I was wondering if old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games...

I used to be playing OFP every evening for several years, most of the time spent with editor and other tools. It was ultimate experience. Unfortunately, my wife wasn't really excited by it. So you can imagine the satifaction of mine, once I became an employee at BI :)

Recently I have surprisingly found my cheap Acer Aspire One netbook is capable to run the old gold game pretty well! So I'm in again, and now it's also my son enjoying BI games too. Pure my wife... seems she will never get rid of that :)

You'll eventually make me want to reinstall it :yay:

Yupp-must remember to get Ofp back from the ex missis's house! :yay:

I played the very first release in 2001 and I remember how annoyed I was with the clumsy graphics and the boring sound. And then I discovered the editor and that there was a scripting language... :)

Since then I moved countries twice, changed jobs, marriage, kid, house, now living in Germany and who knows what's next. My wife agrees with this hobby as she appreciates the highly creative side and the social aspect (coop) of it.

You could say that OFP,A1,A2 have been part of my life since almost 10 years. Good times, it certainly added to the quality of my life to have such a fantastic sandbox for ideas available. Thank you BIS!

VictorFarbau