Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

I've reinstalled OFP if that counts. But only to check couple of islands and addons for A2 ideas ;)

Operation Flashpoint never die..

I quote you!

OFP NEVER DIES! :)

i purchase ofp from my college fees savings,i play ofp only not any other game.

As recent as last year we made a lot of people at campus buy OFP GOTY which we played together with the WGL mod. OFP is immortal!

Soon i will be buying the GOTY version aswell, and if I can get another copy of elite that would be swell! :yay:

As recent as last year we made a lot of people at campus buy OFP GOTY which we played together with the WGL mod. OFP is immortal!

in three years i make 3 person to buy ofp goty.

I have all of the OPF, Armed Assault, and Arma 2 games

Been playing OFP since it came out. We still have a popular server running with OFP but it's all about ArmA 2 these days.

Yes, I've been playing ofp since it came out. It's still be my favourite game

Been playing OFP CWC, Redhammer, Resistance and as good as all custom campaigns like Samsons War on Terror or Retalliation etc like a maniac also was active in a clan back then.

When ArmA came i really tried to like it but had the feelign that sometimes it felt broken bejond repair as it just didnt feel right when playing.

The rather dull campaign also didnt help.

Royal Flush was lot better but thanks the the game still being the same i couldnt enjoy it too much.

When ArmA2 came it felt soooo much better than ArmA1 even before the first patches, everything seemed lot better.

It never reached the feeling of OFP though althout it was clumsy the mechanics of OFP were just great and it actually was fun where ArmA1 and 2 are often more work than fun if you dont want to die endlessly.

Anyway, still playing ArmA2 but not too much, mainly playing around with wip addons in the armory.

Never finished the campaign though as Chernarus isnt workign too well on my PC on settings that dont make my eyes bleed, im keeping this for later when i get a new PC where i can really enjoy it.

And now i look forward to OA even though i may spend more time in the editor and armory than actually playing it :)

Since '04, my friend gave me his copy of OFP to play cause he didn't play it anymore, I absolutely loved it. Barely managed to finish most missions, but I still loved it :)

I got in touch with OFP by coincidence back in June 2001, just a few days when it has been released. I found it in a video store, installed, played and immediately became addicted to it.

Now I have 1 OFP GOTY Edition, 1 original OFP without any Addons (my precious), 3x Arma and 2x ArmA2 (thats because my wife likes to play ArmA and ArmA2 sometimes as well)...besides Splinter Cell:D

Edited by MemphisBelle

I still play, and my name hasn't changed.

Still the best infantry shooter, still hoping for a solid real time 3D mission editor.

And if i'm not playing this you'll find me playing Free Falcon 5, Flaming Cliffs 2 and DCS Blackshark.

I love O.F.P. much more then ArmA 1 and ArmA 2 toghetter.

The gameplay and atmosphere in O.F.P. was and still is outstanding!

O.F.P. FOREVER! :D

Same for me the feel of ofp was proberly as good as any other aspect felt like cold war and finaly when you fight the US/USSR army, it was like.....pinch me!

I've played OFP since the demo came out way back in 2001, which I remember spending most of an evening trying to survive. By the start of the small hours of the morning I'd managed to get down the hill with most of my team alive and avoid or destroy the BMP's so we could get to the beach extraction point. The demo pretty much sold the game to me.

A lot of memorable moments such as dodging the snipers and BMPs in that nightmarish After Montignac mission (if you failed to take the town) and the annoying Cobra bug in Pathfinder, which was actually one of my most favourite missions. The Spec Op missions were sometimes incredibly difficult but without a doubt were some of the strongest missions of the 1985 campaign. I also tried a bit of editing and made a few missions though they were never that good and so spent the odd weekend playing recommended missions off the now sadly defunct Avon Lady's FAQ site.

I missed out on the first Arma due to not having a PC to play it properly and the demo was pretty much unplayable due to the lag.

So I've not played Arma 2 much due to the performance issues until this weekend's patch but now I'm stuck on Manhatten because my team mates always seem to die too easily. The campaign so far feels a little weak against OFP, no denying it is still good but the 1985 campaign had much better atmosphere around it.

I haven't played online yet in any of the games and to be honest I've not really been that interested in online gaming since the main UK leagues for Quake 2 Capture the Flag died out in 2003. Most the games I've played since online such as the sequels and COD4 just haven't lived up to the experience I got from Quake 2.

Anyway hopefully the next patch will bring some AI improvements now that performance has been worked on.

Finally I'm glad we still have games like this around as a lot of niche games seem to have declined or lost their appealing aspects such as the Rainbow Six series for example. It's good to see this is still sticking to it's roots from OFP.

Alot of people still play crcti on our ofp server daily with up to 30 players. I installed in last week and still fun game to play even if the graphics are abit old.

Theres a tool called ofp monitor that a guy named poweruser made which shows all active servers if anyone intrested in it

http://fs.dao.nu/OFP/

Yeah, yeah - still playing OFP :) since the demo ... but now I'm going to buy a new machine - OA is now what I have been looking for all the years <3

I have been playing BIS games for 9 years. I own every game released by BIS including every expansion pack.

Operation Flashpoint CWC --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Red Hammer --- Disc x1

Operation Flashpoint Resistance --- Disc x1

ArmA 1 --- Disc x2

ArmA 1: Queens Gambit --- Digital x1

ArmA 2 --- Digital x3

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead --- Digital x1

Edited by Nicholas

i've been playing OFP since early 2002, but moved always ahead when a newer BI game was published.

I've become a real mod junkie, just look at my sig!

I am amazed what level of professionalism mod teams reached. Just look how ACE2 is organized!!

And it's splendid to see how scripters and mod makers evolved during these years, just think of:

Solus - SLX

SNKMAN - GL4

Silola - DAC

and of course many other people in the modding community.

I think it's time to write a history book about the modding community of BIS games.This idea came to my mind already several times, but I lack the time to gather all the info. Maybe someone will do it one day.

I remember playing OFP Resistence demo or something like that, I didnt understand the game so I never ended up getting the full game it sadly,

Back then I didnt understand the concept of a Military sim vs an action shooter, so It didnt appeal to me

Ended up buying Arma2 because it looked cool.. got Arma1 a few weeks later.

Hey T.S.C. Plage

man I have the same collection apart from "planet of war". I bought also "Behind enemy lines" when it was sold. What is "planet of war" and where did you get it from?

kind regards

At first it's "Between the Lines". ;)

"Planet of War" is basically a warfare addon like the sub-title "Strategic Warfare Addon" already suggests. I bought it at the local department store long time ago.