Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

Must have been 2002, a guy at work handed me a pirate copy. Dropped silly Delta Force: Land Warrior and played OFP till my eyes bled :D

Then stumbled into the editor, and later addon making..

In 2003 i think, on a business trip to London, finally managed to buy a legit GOTY box. First game i ever payed for..

Then decent Internet came, multiplayer heaven, and daily C&H battles with the likes of StoV, SF, 1stGuns, J4F, EC, FN, TK and many more. Greets go out to those ole' bastards.. :681:

Personally, ArmA1 was a disappointment, and i worked hard to make myself like it. Was worth it though: i got to know these sensational tournaments like IC-ArmA and AtoW, which were serving up the best kind of gameplay one could have within the game. I also met new people, made new friends..

ArmA2 is here, and i'm still playing, still making addons, still having fun.. but boy i must be old! :o: :biggrin_o:

I played opf with a mate at my house on a lan, i fly the chopper and we inserted and rescued the hostages and i flew around covering him

was the most fun i had in a shooter ever, arma 2 is very very broken and doesn't work all that well on my high end spec machine.

I guess by the time i get a new wizz bang one next year some time, the patches and mods (ace2) will be out along with the xpac, (which is stand alone WTF???) By then it hopefully is stable :)

anyways have a good day lads! Thanks for reminding of that rad experience

Since too much years... July 2001 with my heavy internet connexion : 56Kbps (connexion to a server was like sending a Fax !)

Introduced to OFP by a mate in 2001, have bought all the games the moment they came out thereafter (digital download) in another language, then bought another copy in English soon after.

I run an ArmA2 server and a squad for A2. My original version of OFP was a pirated copy, however I now have 4 copies of the game (OFP, OFP RH, OFP Gold and the pirated copy). 2 Copies of ArmA2, and 2 copies of ArmA1. (All legit of course fyi).

I believe in paying for quality.

^_^

LOL I bought flashpoint, then resistance, digital download of Arma1 then 3 boxed copies of Arma 1, then queens gambit. I bought 2 boxed copies of Arma2. Think between us we keeping bis in business :)

Guilty. Been a military simulator buff since playing Falcon 3 and Aces Over Europe as a kid. Been playing shooters since Wolf3D, but I think it was the original Rainbow Six that turned me onto tactical, realistic shooters (I miss the real Rainbow Six games, not the mediocre-at-best action movie BS that is the Vegas games).

Played the hell out of Operation Flashpoint when it came out, but not multiplayer. Missed out on ArmA 1's MP as well. Now I play lots of ArmA 2 and other awesome infantry simulators like Project Reality (BF2 mod). Nothing can compare to OFP or ArmA, though.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

LOL I bought flashpoint, then resistance, digital download of Arma1 then 3 boxed copies of Arma 1, then queens gambit. I bought 2 boxed copies of Arma2. Think between us we keeping bis in business :)

Geez, that's a lot of copies, hah. I did have to buy OFP twice though because I wore out my original disc -- the second one was GotY edition.

Edited by FireStormXS

I played OF1 but never made it to ArmA 1, thank god i'm here enjoying ArmA 2 :D

jeeze, ive been playing since i was about 11 (2004) Still play it a few times a week with the FDF and BW mod. oh and the OFrP mod XD

It's the only BI game I'm playing. Until I get a new system to run ArmA or ArmA, OFP will always be something I have. For those days you want to go retro OFP + ECP, and then OFP + MCM/SLX for others. Either way, it's one hell of a game.

I don't still play OFP, but I've been playing BIS games since around 2001 or 2002.

Been playing since the first public OFP demo in 2000(?). I was mightily impressed by the demo at the time, and immediately went to buy the full game once it was released. After that it was impossible the get out of the loop, so here I still am. I still have all the releases except for Red Hammer, but only Arma and Arma2 are currently installed and I haven't really touched A1 for a few months.

It's kind of scary to think that ten years with the OFP-family is coming up next year. Give or take a few bugs, at least BIS must have done something right.

edit: Aha, I've got Red Hammer after all. Just dug out one of the OFP cd-boxes, the GOTY-edition, and looks like it has all the releases.

Edited by Fincuan

Playing OFP few times a week since 2001. Only game that is always on my HDD. Also playing ArmA/ArmA II, since release date, but not that much.

I started playing OFP at somewhere around 2003. I will never uninstall it. :D

I'm still playing. OPF GOTY with my son. What a great game! It has provided us with countless hours of entertainment. I bought the game when it was on the shelf and have bought several copies since. I'd like to thank anyone who was involved with producing this game it is a true piece of craftsmanship.

The other day my wife asked me if I ever got tired of working on the maps, or playing the game? I guess she hasn't realized yet I plan on retiring to Nogova... (haha)

I first played the OFP demo when it was released in 2001 getting it off the PC Zone cover disc. I've still got OFP installed along with a ton of mods and addons, the same for Armed Assault and ArmAII.

Just look at my registration date. I'm with BIS games since the release of the Operation Flashpoint demo.

I tried other games, but I always came back.

There is and was never a real alternative to BIS military sandbox games.

OFP, Red Hammer and Resistance, way bac when... Never made it to ARMA, but strongly thinking of picking up ARMA II now :)

OFP, the truly best game ever. Then ArmA and Arma2... the golden age (if my PC was up to it).

FP: DR? Pfft. Not a chance.

I'm still playing. OFP blew me away when I was 9 when it came out. Still waiting for a proper sequel with proper campaign that has a good plot&atmosphere, not this squad leader complicated mess.

Sneaky, cough wheeze still active, still on the front lines..:P hi to jeftek :)