Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

How many of you old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games?

Hi everybody

I was wondering if old OFP Veterans are still playing BIS games. Saw some names which were present in the OFP days. See a lot of new ones.

Even I'm not very active but I'm following curiously what's going on in the community.

Yeah things have changed over the years, but I'm still here.

would be nice to receive some feedback from the "oldies"

I'm still playing and I must admit I can't get enough, playing for 8 years straight and never getting annoyed. Tried Lot's of different FPS but in the end I'm always coming back to the BIS games.

Greetings to the best community in the world.

regards

nettrucker

p.s. my nick is nettrucker, my real name is Michael, but you can call me fan boy.LOL!:D

I stopped playing other FPS in 2001. Occasionally IL2 and AvsP gold edition, but OFP, arma and arma2 is what I want and need.

Im still playing, although not as much as i used to play Ofp. Used to be known as [uKA]Jeftec/ JTEC. Those were the days of meeting up in gamespy and arranging clan matches for TCZ (the combat zone) and i think it was EFL Euro flashpoint league. Playing against great teams such as LBB, DK, GOL, PAS and all the rest. CTF was great those days and Arma/2 never quite seemed to play as well as OFP while playing PVP. Anyone remember simple but classic maps such as sharpeye and castle keep! Was great stuff! I enjoy making addons more now, when i get the time :D

Hey Jef ;)

To the OP, DK (Dragon-Knights) are still active and have been since 2001. We have gone through OFP, Arma and are now playing Arma 2. Probably one of the longest running squads that are still around from those days. ;)

SBP (ex-SV from NatoSoldier team) are still active, since 2001-2002? :)

We've been busy with Joint Ops (heavily modded for realism) and SWAT 4, but we soon switched to A1 and now are fully active in A2.

Hey Jef ;)

To the OP, DK (Dragon-Knights) are still active and have been since 2001. We have gone through OFP, Arma and are now playing Arma 2. Probably one of the longest running squads that are still around from those days. ;)

By eck ello mate! Good to see you chaps are still around! Those days were so much fun with loads of healthy competition! Hope alls well, may have to pop onto your server some day! OFP clans reunited!

Rothy here, still playing BIS games since 2001. OFP>OFPR>ArmA>ArmA2

Was a modding member of Tales of War (TOW) and created the first AAV7 for OFP back in 2003.

Since 2001. My fiance says I have a 'problem' because I need to be constantly doing things on OFP / ARMA / ARMA II. I don't know what she means!!!?!?!?! At least my problem doesn't include spending £100's on shoes and never wearing them!!!!

Still playing OFP, have played Arma but I din't like it.

STGN

Started with OFP back in 2002 (shortly before the Resistance expansion), now I play ArmA 2.

Thanks for all your feedback. It's good see that there are still people around from the good ole OFP days which are still playing OFP actually.

cheers

nettrucker

I have been following BIS work since the first time I played OFP back in 2001. For some reason I never really got into Arma (1) but with Arma2 i'm back playing again :)

Edited by S_Z

I have played OPF since it's release basically, and havent stopped playing BIS games ever since.

Hell, i even fire up OPF every now and then.

Never been on these forums untill ArmA 1 though.

nettrucker, don't let join dates deceive You. ;)

Many of us played OFP since the demo (july 2001?), including me.

At the time I was totally unaware of BIS forums, *not to mention that I didn't even have internet connection back then (playing MP coop over LAN with my brother).

It's been awsome 8 years playing OFP/ArmA/ArmA2...

Of course, I've played other tactical shooters, in fact, Hidden & dangerous 2, Swat 4 and Rainbow six 3 are always installed on my PC (now when I think of it, I have to install Ghost recon w/expansions too :D)

Never stopped playing BIS' games, never will.

*EDIT: LOL was that a rhyme? I'm just listening to Hank Williams, he must've inspired me...:p

Edited by Kernriver

Been here since... well, high school. So that'd be 2002ish I guess. Don't log in as much anymore though, as time has become more scarce.

played since release, forum since join date.

Played since release, joined OFPEC around the end of 2001 (I think) and started dabbling in addon making. Joined the ofp.gamezone.cz (now ofp.gamepark.cz) forums in October and these forums in November 2002. Apart from a few breaks, I've never stopped playing BIS games and don't think I ever will. :)

Played OFP since the 1st demo, enjoyed for months all the custom missions people managed to do for it, even if my old computer was not always fit for the job.

But i bought the retail game only +/- when the patch 1.20 appeared, as it was roughly at this time i upgraded my system and suddenly the demo and its custom missions were perfectly smoothly playable, making me rushing to the store to get the complete package.

I don't play it much nowadays, as my OFP time is mostly spent in modifying and building custom content for it, my playtime is then more about testing.

Found OFP GOTY version by accident really. I thought the box cover looked so damn cool at the time so I bought it. I wasn't that good at english at that time so I don't think I really read what it was all about, it was worth every penny though. I was lucky enough to have a parent that needed a internet connection for their occuptation, so I was quite early online and played MP.

I've been a loyal BI & community customer ever since. :D

Edited by colossus