Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

Waypoint problems

Hii guys. Im working on a mission and i could need some help.

The mission starts with my guys para jumping in on the scene. They have to take out some sentry's and make their way to the camp. At this camp there area some bad guys, their boss and a pilot. The pilot is doing some maintenance work on the chopper so he is close to it. The boss on the other hand is walking around the camp doing various tasks in a cycle.

Ive put a trigger that when Bluefor is detected within its limits the alarm is raised and the boss is supposed to run towards the chopper where the pilot is waiting for him. So he can run away as the coward he is.

The pilot is just transported into the chopper since he is already standing right next to it. I don't wanna do the same with the Boss since that would look kinda weird if you happen to get in close and he detects you and suddenly disappears.

The problem: How do i make the Boss disregard his current waypoints and run towards the chopper and load it as cargo. Ive tried grp1 setcurrentwaypoint [grp1, 9] when the trigger is activated but that doesn't seem to work. He just runs out in the woods when he sees me instead of running to the assigned waypoint.

Thanx

Edit: I've uploaded the mission file. You can download it here.

Edited by xclusiv8
Uploaded the mission file

try a SWITCH type trigger sync'ed to the cycle waypoint.

I'm still learning about all this. Could you please elaborate this switch type trigger. I've never heard of it.

Thanx

I've quickly tested the scenario by placing a Opfor general legging it round following waypoints in a cycle, a empty chopper and a pilot standing next to it. a Blufor soldier comes into the base and activates a trigger with bluefor present and in the On act

A1 assignAsCargo M1; [A1] orderGetIn true;  P1 moveInDriver M1;

where M1 is the name of the chopper A1 the general P1 the pilot. This gets them into the chopper the way you want but you'd have to add more to get it fly off.

I've quickly tested the scenario by placing a Opfor general legging it round following waypoints in a cycle, a empty chopper and a pilot standing next to it. a Blufor soldier comes into the base and activates a trigger with bluefor present and in the On act
A1 assignAsCargo M1; [A1] orderGetIn true;  P1 moveInDriver M1;

where M1 is the name of the chopper A1 the general P1 the pilot. This gets them into the chopper the way you want but you'd have to add more to get it fly off.

Ahh thank you so much :) It works now. One last question. Now that im not using a waypoint to tell the "boss" to get in i cant tell the pilot to wait for him. I havent used the condition line so much in the waypoints menu. Is it possible to set a condition in the first waypoint saying that if the boss is not inside the chopper dont go?

Thank you so much!

_bossName in _vehicleName

will return "true" if... true. might have to make the first waypoint a "Move" waypoint that is placed directly where the chopper is sitting, that way he'll be at it but it wont complete until the boss is in it, at which time he'll then continue to the next waypoint.

I would use a trigger sync'd to the move waypoint to hold the driver though. With the condition as JDog says and On Act _pilot moveInDriver _chopperName;