Sign in to follow this  
Rahul

Indian army

What do you think about Indian Army?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Indian Army?

• Extraordinary
    • Average
    • Bad

I'd like pretty much every military to be represented in the game - more content is always good. Obviously that's not feasible though ;)

As one of the largest developing powers on the planet - and one which could potentially see major conflict - India wouldn't be a bad choice for a mod.

On the other hand though the large majority of India's equipment is of foreign design. As far as I can tell they have few "original" weapons or vehicles with some notable exceptions, but it might be a bit pointless when none of the equipment feels unique.

I'd prefer an Army with more unique weapons like the British, Germans, Chinese, etc.

yes you right,but as i know india army always show braveity in field,

few thing in 1965 war one unit of 120 indian soldiers stop one armored and a battalion of pakistan.

In 1961 war indian soldidrs fight with summer cloth in winter season against china.

As indian gorkha regiment is one of the best regiment in world as i know.

I think this one is "a little" more representative of a nation military power,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_level_of_military_equipment

Sort the table by total budget and the most powerful nation is USA followed by China<>Russia, France and Uk. Yaii it's totally subjective according to the purchasing power, technology and training of each country but still ...

War sucks anyway, nothing to be proud of, just imagine what your government could do with all this money.

Edited by dunedain

all data is wrong, imaginary.no one give accurate information about there contry equipment

No need to think,
Pretty much sums up the thread. Edited by Chops
forgot a [

Yeah, and Chinese say "Chinese armed forces are teh win", and Russians say "Speznaz kick yo mama butt" etc. you know what I mean.

True that, but there's no denying that the Spetsnaz will kick yo mama's but.

First read what he had done,But remember man your soldier have all the advance equipment,

he himself take 7 M60 tanks with RCL jeep.

First read what he had done,But remember man your soldier have all the advance equipment,

he himself take 7 M60 tanks with RCL jeep.

Simpson was just a WW1 medic that carried soldiers back from the frontlines on a donkey, I doubt he was more well equiped or "more advanced". And I read the entire Wiki page of the Indian soldier, he was very brave indeed, but Simspon was much braver.

Why everyone vote bad,it mean you did't respect any country army wherever from they are.

I understand what he want to say that.

He say that you should respect army of each country.

Voting for "bad" means not automatically that there's no respect. If I ask for opinions then I also must be prepared for negative opinions. ;)

Voting for "bad" means not automatically that there's no respect. If I ask for opinions then I also must be prepared for negative opinions. ;)

I think Mr Rahul feel very sad about bad obtion.

I mean it's all relative right? Bad compared to what exactly?

If you choose the comparison between the British Military in the 18th century and the current Indian military, then of course you will choose "Excellent"

We are all assuming this is being compared to a 1st world modern military. Which given the choices is bad. Relatively they are not average, nor excellent.

Granted, they have totally ramped up their acquisitions of latest generation weaponry and do have their own stockpile of nuclear munitions, but they do not compare to the big guys at all.

This is really a silly poll...even for off-topic and wanted to waste my own time responding :)

We are all assuming this is being compared to a 1st world modern military. Which given the choices is bad. Relatively they are not average, nor excellent.

hmm... What is 1st world modern military? Looking at current progress in Europe says that they specialize almost completely in low intensity conflicts waged by few troops outside their borders. Almost every country in Europe is currently considering or on it's in way already for that option (Sweden, Norway comes to mind), if they haven't chosen that option already (UK, France comes to mind).

Now, i'm not expert on India's affairs, how much conventional warfighting ability it wields but saying that India is not average or what ever is not totally clear as there are many ways to look at this. Ability to accomplish mission inside and/or outside it's borders is one big factor and it's very diverse factor in which not everything can be reached well with same setup (progress we see in Europe at the moment, conventional warfighting ability with-in own borders is being sacrificed for better ability to work on global level).

India also seems to send rather good quality peacekeepers to world (i've heard talk that they have served in Kashmir before earning their relax + additional pay in peacekeeping missions).

Edited by Second

Hello..

I am also agreed that kargil war worst and so many Indian soldiers died in this war. I must say they fought with good strength. All know that Indian soldiers were very brave at that time and we all should appreciate them. Thank you very much friends for your different types of opinions.

How about biting some pakistani bullets or catching some rockets ?

How about biting some pakistani bullets or catching some rockets ?

sudayev make him try i am also trying for army .

@sudayev

iam not afraid from death,what for army make protect people.

We know that oneday eveyone have to die.

I had no carrier in my business so army is last obtion.

@Rahul

oneday we will definitely meet in army.

The Indian Army will deplyoed 15000 strong 56 division in Arunachal,which china claim as its.Arunachal is india part,T72 are also sent there.

Edited by riffleman
Info