Sign in to follow this  
Narcissist

Dogs of War/High Command - Help Request - Possible Spoilers

Howdy, I require step-by-step assistance for a few issues with this mission relating to defences and High Command, I'm hoping this thread will become the definitive source for anyone with similar questions as although I have seen them touched upon in other threads there are very few clear answers to be had, leaving me unsure exactly what should be possible, what I'm doing wrong, and what may still be bugged in the latest version (1.03) of the game.

I begin the mission working for NAPA with Father Fydor/Prizryak/the Warlord alive as I was unable to kill him in the previous mission (yes, I am running the latest patch, however I found he was still indestructible).

My issues are:

1) Being a natural turtler I wish to ensure my Primary Base is heavily fortified, however I am having two issues with this: Firstly I am usure if the static defences I build are manned automatically - if so are they manned by unattached units linked to the town defensive production or units attached to a squad/commander that needs to be kept within the base? How do I order static defences to be manned by whichever of these may be the case? - If not and I have to manually produce individual units to man the static defences can I either transfer these units or disband them and have them remain manning the static defences so I can move on to build more troops and man further defences without maxing out my squad cap?

The issue here is that at the moment I am building defences and manning them with members of my squad, yet regardless of how many I build or their placement

(for example three anti-tank guns with two machine gun nests and a ZSU near each bunker overlooking the south and east roads to deal with the endless stream of jeeps and APC's, all set to scan and fire at will)

they only acquire incoming targets roughly 50% of the time and get chewed up and spat out the rest, meaning I spend all my time replacing the units lost

in an effort to keep the Warlord/Prizryak/Fydor alive.

In short, I wish to fortify each town I take over with fully manned, repaired, supplied(ammo) and effective defences overlooking the enemy's standard approaches, how do I best achieve this?

2) When building vehicles, for example a BMP2 to transport my squad and I, sometimes even though I kick out the existing crew and either send them to man defences or disband them a random NPC will jump in and try to take over the vehicle. I do not appear able to kick these randoms from the vehicle or have my own squad man the weapons. If I leave the driver's position the NPC will take off with the vehicle and sometimes whether I or my squad are in it or not the vehicle has been 'teleported' (assuming fast travel) to another town. How can I clear a vehicle of troops and prevent it being moved against my will and ensure my squad is manning the weapons systems?

3)

Even though I have the appropriate factory in the Primary Base whenever I attempt to build an aircraft it says I do not have any aircraft factories, what am I doing wrong?

4)

According to the mission briefing and the dialogues Tuck and Little John should be somewhere in the Primary Base, however I am unable to find either of them. Where are they?

5)

There is an HQ BMP in the Primary Base that I think I'm supposed to use to set up secondary HQ/s, yet I am unaware of how to move it?

Please be advised that I am totally clueless when it comes to anything involving editing/scripting or in any way modifying the game, so if the solutions to any of the above issues require such I will need in-depth instructions. Apologies for my ignorance and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Narcissist

Edited by Narcissist
Spelling

good things! i want to know them also :)

ALSO i want to know

how i can kill Prizryak after i conquerd all the village's because it says i need to kill him, but they can't found out i did it

How to get on skalisty island besides swimming (radio trafic)

Edited by Nitrox88
New Spoiler

You can

kill Prizrak

in the previous mission by downloading the hotfix and replaying that mission.

Just search for:

Prizrak hotfix

1.) Attack is the best form of defense. Remember that while you are building defenses, the enemy is building BMPs... On my first run through the mission I had to kill 60+ BMPs because I used a very slow approach. On my 2nd run I moved as fast as I could, and only had to kill 10 or so...

The city menu allows for you to allocate resources to defense. That will come in form of units.... which you have no control over.

You can always assign someone from your team to man a static defense, and then assign them to other teams.

But generally those city units will take those positions... it's not always the case though.

2.) One solution: Load the vehicles with the men you don't want to send away, then disband or send to another teams the remainders.

If that happens when the vehicle is full, they will not try to board them once you disembark the vehicle.

3.) Several people have reported that issue... I have never had any problem though...

Just make sure that you're close enough to the factory... if you are far away, it won't appear in the menu.

4 and 5) Can't help you because I did something in the previous mission, which affected the start of this mission.

Edited by Kramxel

Yes i know i can

kill prizack

but i got every town .. like 3 hours of playing, so i dont want to restart again! :P

Also

How in godsname can i destroy the russian base?!

i tried like 20 times... different things... but i get blown away xD

I suppose you're talking about the main base....

First, there's a hill on the northern part of the town... take a T-72 and move to that hill... then go around the left side of that hill and take their tanks 1 by 1, moving slowly and steady... set yourself as driver in order to facilitate the process.

Also, order all your HC units to attack the base... that will provide an useful distraction....

I suppose you're talking about the main base....

First, there's a hill on the northern part of the town... take a T-72 and move to that hill... then go around the left side of that hill and take their tanks 1 by 1, moving slowly and steady... set yourself as driver in order to facilitate the process.

Also, order all your HC units to attack the base... that will provide an useful distraction....

Nice ! ;)

thnx

The city menu allows for you to allocate resources to defense. That will come in form of units.... which you have no control over.

You can always assign someone from your team to man a static defense, and then assign them to other teams.

But generally those city units will take those positions... it's not always the case though.

How do you do this ? That's my main question for Badlands, and no answer found yet. Can I order razor members to quit my team in order to replace them with fighters I buy ?

How do you do this ? That's my main question for Badlands, and no answer found yet. Can I order razor members to quit my team in order to replace them with fighters I buy ?

When you capture a city you can access the city menu. It will be enabled when you are in the vincinity of the city HQ (it's a big square on the map). When you open the city menu you will see the resource allocation slider with percentage points. By default, the city will allocate 40% of resources to defence. Click on the arrow pointing to the left until the resources for defence are 100%. You can do this in most of the cities in Badlands as you don't need that much money for unit construction anyway.

You have to "live" with Razor, unfortunately. Try assigning recruited units to different color teams...play with the menus a bit.

i have a question too,

I am playing (just started) DOW in CDF storyline in (v 1.04).

i choosed not to be the supreme commander and as soon as the CDF's take a town i get mission failure. Of the first 7 or 8 towns i have 5 or 6 Mission failures so i dont really see that there is any point in continuing.

The biggest problem is the chedakiz (Which CDF doesnt seems to care about) and their huge amount of APC who keeps flowing in threatening Z-gorsk and the base which means i have to stay back making sure they dont reach z-gorsk and the base.

And i would like to go back to base to buy some tanks but if i do that i will get more "Mission failures" and i already have too many mf's

is it supposed to be like this? I always thought that Allied means that we were fighting together with shared goals and accomplishments but as it is now CDF is just another competitor just like Chedakis except that CDF wont shoot at me.

I managed to complete the game yesterday in v.1.03 playing the NAPA storyline and it worked much better although a few towns were impossible to capture,

i have a question too,

I am playing (just started) DOW in CDF storyline in (v 1.04).

i choosed not to be the supreme commander and as soon as the CDF's take a town i get mission failure. Of the first 7 or 8 towns i have 5 or 6 Mission failures so i dont really see that there is any point in continuing.

The biggest problem is the chedakiz (Which CDF doesnt seems to care about) and their huge amount of APC who keeps flowing in threatening Z-gorsk and the base which means i have to stay back making sure they dont reach z-gorsk and the base.

And i would like to go back to base to buy some tanks but if i do that i will get more "Mission failures" and i already have too many mf's

is it supposed to be like this? I always thought that Allied means that we were fighting together with shared goals and accomplishments but as it is now CDF is just another competitor just like Chedakis except that CDF wont shoot at me.

I managed to complete the game yesterday in v.1.03 playing the NAPA storyline and it worked much better although a few towns were impossible to capture,

To tell you the truth..something with the 1.04 makes the AI more capable but at the same time it can be a negative thing as well, because you get less time to do anything and as I said in another thread, the AI rush any position with BTRs asap you take over. In 1.03 there wasn't a problem like this or at least it was bearable.

It's not that the game got worse, but now suddenly the human player is unbalanced vs. the AI player.

zdavid99, I have the same problem too my friend.

I gave commandment to CDF guys(killed prizrak before in the badlands, now CDF and NAPA are allies)

. CDF AI is really dumb(looses towns) and Chdkz terrorise everywhere with APCs and this really freaks me out. I have patch 1.0.3.58 smt. and really dunno what to do. Can anybody gimme some tips?

I'm really appreciate for your help

Edited by atakmangir

zdavid99, I have the same problem too my friend.

I gave commandment to CDF guys(killed prizrak before in the badlands, now CDF and NAPA are allies)

. CDF AI is really dumb(looses towns) and Chdkz terrorise everywhere with APCs and this really freaks me out. I have patch 1.0.3.58 smt. and really dunno what to do. Can anybody gimme some tips?

I'm really appreciate for your help

i have tried DOW 4 times times now. one time as allied with NAPA and later CDF. Then i have tried DOW Three times in CDF storyline of which one time CDF AI command and it didn't work especially well (just allot of Task failures).

But the second and third time time that i completed it i (Playing as CDF) i chose to be the High Commander and it worked much better at least for me.

This is how i did it in v 1.04 in CDF storyline.

you DONT HAVE to do it in this order, its just how i did it.

with Prizrak killed during badlands CDF and NAPA are allies

at the start of this mission.

Firstmove all of your High Command units (2-8) to a position just

west of the crossroad south of Green Mountain.

In my case my APCs and Infantry were able to hold off the Chedaki forces long enough for me and the rest of razor team moved to capture Myskhina and Pustoshka. However the Chedazis will most likely capture Pogorevka and Regova bit it wont be any problems retaking them later.

When you and Razor team have acptured the two towns to the north west.

head back to base and buy a (or more) T72 tank(s) if have the money.

If you dont have they money just wait for a while and you should be able to afford atleast one.

Now move half of the units east to capture Pulkova if the Chedakiz have

managed to capture it. If its still under CDF control move the northern group towards Pogorevka and Regova. It usually wise to have some of the APCs to move via Pulkova

to avoid that the Chedakiz is moving south along the eastern edge of the field.

At the same time move the rest of the units south to Kozlosvka.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8665/dow2nd.jpg

When those towns are captured move the northern group north to Pogoreva and Regova and capture those.

Move the Southern group to Nedezhidino and capture it.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3001/dow3rd.jpg

this will get you started. After this keep going east with the northern group and move the southern group down to Chernagorsk ta capture it.

This will allow USMC to re-deploy to Chernarussia and you will get more units to control vii High Command.

A Tank will be very useful for capturing Chernagorsk as the opposition is quite heavy here.

After taking Chernagorsk Cpt Shaftoe will radio in and tell you that you have been given the command of the USMC MEU.

However it will take a while before they are deployed so in the mean time go back to base and buy a couple of more

T72s. Disembark th ecrew of one and put yourself and two more of the razor team in it. Put the 4th Razor team in another tank and transfer the 4

crewmembers to any of your HC squads.

Remember that if you want more tanks just buy a couple and transfer them to HC

this will allow you to but allot of tanks.

Then just continue to move east capturing town by town.

Pics for Northern group:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1029/dow4thnorthcdfgroup.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8586/dow5thnorthcdf.jpg

Pics for southern group:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9554/dow4thsouthcdf.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5691/dow5thsouthcdf.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/9361/dow6thsouthcdfumsc.jpg

Short info about picture dow6thsouthcdfumsc

move your Southern group all the way to Kamyshovo and Capture it.

I forgot about Pusta so move the USMC to Pusta first to capture it and then to the position indicated on the map.

Be very care ful when moving in on Msta be sure to have as many tanks as possible becasue you will need them.

Two more pictures:

assault on Msta http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/452/dow7thall.jpg

and the final assault:

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1382/dowfinalcdfusmc.jpg

Edited by zdavid99

This is interesting - talk about the city menu and resources. The manual is poor and the high command tutorial is like 5 mins long. Where can I find out how to do all this please?

I've already played the campaign once and this time I'm playing it exactly the same and not bothering with ANY defence, in fact using ONLY my squad. I'm sure I shouldn't be playing it like that, but I don't know any other way.