theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Hello everyone. I'm know I'm pretty late in the game but I'm working on a new campaign based on Desert Storm '91, something I've always wanted to do for years but never had the time or know how. I'm using the WW4 mod aswell as some other assorted desert mods. I've built some pretty good missions which I'm quite happy with. I was using the CAT Afghanistan island, but before I continue, I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent Iraq/Kuwait or middle east style maps that I could use because I don't think the CAT Afghanistan map is quite up to scratch, also it's a bit too small. I need a map preferably with some bigger towns, or a long road kind of like a Main Supply Route for convoy missions etc. I've been searching for some time. If anyone can help then please let me know because it's going to be great, possibly the best of all time, and I plan to release the campaign for my friends and anyone else who is interested. If not, I'll just stick to the Afghanistan map. Thank you to all the OFP/CWA moderators keeping the greatest game in the world at it's best, and for all the advice in the forum.

Just to say I still like the CAT Afghanistan island very much. I'll probably still use it, plus another one or two.

Edited by Apocalypse 83

I've downloaded it and had a quick peek at it. Looks pretty good to me so far, just the kind of thing I was looking for, I can't believe this one slipped me by. Thank you very much for the quick reply, I'll give it some more looking over when I get the chance.

Thanks for the links FOXlauncher, I checked gamepark.cz before under islands but didn't find much but I've downloaded IMCU .09 and I'll give it a look when I get a chance. I haven't completely finished any of my missions yet, it takes some time and I don't want to rush and make poor missions but as soon as I've got a mission ready for testing I'll let you know because it would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm not sure how I go about uploading missions yet, and I'm also using quite a few other mods, such as Jam3 and CoC Arty aswell as some custom music. Thanks for your support, I'll keep you posted and feel free to add me as a contact.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:00 ----------

Thanks alot RuN, I've downloaded it. I must be blind to miss all these great islands, you can tell the insomnia is getting to me already, I'll check it out after I've got some sleep! Thanks again.

Cheers, I see what you mean. I think it adds some new buildings and objects, plus the name of the island has been changed from North Africa to Arabia. Only a few extra PBOs.

Hi. I am reloading my Operation Flashpoint game on my computer however one of the addon's I need is on my external backup drive which crashed earlier this year. I found most of the addons I need from back up CD's I have but this addon was not on the CD's. I believe it is from the WW2 mod. I have tried to get into the OFP cz site but it is not available any more. If someone knows where I can find this addon I would appreciate it. In the mean time I am continuing to check my backup CD's for the file....Thank you

Mac

I am not sure what it looks like....I saw somewhere it was in the WW2 addon pack. I downloaded that one but no mention of a "BRANGER.PBO". It must be attached to another addon...

OFPR.info might have some downtimes from time to time but now it is working fine for me.

EDIT:

This website has its own thread here. If there are some problems with it, people usually post in there.

Edited by vitamin

yeah. I found my CRS_Islamic resistance group...getting closer to recovering my lost missions....Now I need an addon called M249mg and M136at4. I have a feeling I have them but not sure which addon they are in.

yeah. I found my CRS_Islamic resistance group...getting closer to recovering my lost missions....Now I need an addon called M249mg and M136at4. I have a feeling I have them but not sure which addon they are in.

Isn't it better to redo the mission under more modern and popular addons? Such as Laser's US Weapons Pack.

Edited by FOXlauncher

Now I need an addon called M249mg and M136at4.

It just goes to show how good an idea OFPEC tags were, so you'd know who made the addon.

The M136at4 reminds me of Lowlands Warrior, but they might have used the LLW_ tag for it. (Actually, it looks like they used the kmm tag). Try Frandsen's marines first, though.

Update: the download link for Frandsen's marines is well broken on that page, use this one instead. Here is an updated ToW M249 pack as well.

Hi.

Is there any BAE Hawk trainer jet and/or a recoilless rifle addon around here?

I'm looking for some unofficial addons for Libmod:

1. Liberation Mod patch FD fixed (I already installed the patch from OFPR.info and it broke my Libmod exactly as Bielow said in his post)

2. BA10&T38 for LibMod by pioneer

3. Tanks by T_Roc

4. Gaz, machine gun and T-34/85 (that fixed version from flashpoint.ru)

p.s.

Thanks Zulu for recommending me the official release of Libmod - it's way better than that libxp pack.

Edited by vitamin