theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Greetings from Poland! AFAIK the only An-26 was planned for Polish Silent War Mod, long time ago in 2003, but it was never finished. Though I've heard that guys at SW do plan to make An-26, but I don't now when...

Thank you, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it. :) Hopefully, they'll finish it.

Unfortunately, OFPL is long dead, and it's almost impossible to catch authors somewhere. But don't loose your faith! BRDM-2 was released under Offtime's own license which is similar to GNU-Open Source license, just read the readmes carefully. Do You plan any Slovakia-themed mod?

I suspected that, but just wanted to be sure. IIRC, the readme for the addon did include said open source disclaimer, so I'll probably just credit the team in case I won't be able to hunt down any of its former members elsewhere. Just out of curiosity : Have some of them moved on to modding the ARMA series ?

And no, I'm not working on a Slovak mod (IIRC, our army never operated BRDM-2s, so my request would be moot anyway ;)). I'm actually in the early planning stages of continuing the semi-finished Nogovan Defence Forces mod that started already a few years ago. So far, it contains the released NDF MiGs, An-2, Hueys, some cars and R0adki11's excellent addition of infantry units. For now, I have R0adki11's permission to finish the Yak-52 addon that was in preparation but never got finished (we struck a deal about it recently and he sent me the relevant files). I'm currently testing some simple NDF vehicle addons, since there is a distinct lack of armour and trucks in the existing releases (the NDF vehicle addon for OFP only has reskinned jeeps, the V3Ses in it are still of the vanilla variety). I plan to generally follow R0adki11's order of battle with my own additions, making NDF versions of the T-55, BMP-2, the armed BRDM-2 and the 4 variants of the V3s. Probably a motorbike too. Then I'll release them as a separate new addon or just rebundle the jeeps from the existing addon into a new pack, so you'll finally have all the NDF vehicles in one place. As for other addons - while I am satisfied with the current roster of planes for the Nogovan Air Force, I might make an NDF heavy helicopter (probably an Mi-8/17) and a heavier transport plane (probably the An-26 I've talked about) to complement the Hueys and the An-2s. But those are just future plans. Currently, I want to focus on the ground vehicles and the Yak trainer. Wish me luck.

@Petike

Don't forget the Coaler (An-72)

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8503

Thanks a lot. :) If all else (i.e. the An-26) fails, I might try it. That or the An-12. Or maybe even one of Mapfact's DC-3s. It's still a distant prospect, so we'll see. It doesn't have to be a big or expensive transport, I just want to add something that can carry more people and military cargo than an An-2 (let's face it, the Colt is a good paratrooper and recon STOL, but I can't imagine it as a substantial airlifter :D).

Edited by Petike
forgot a word

Is there anyone have links to Download the awesome Fallujah Map V 2.1..

I have tried to download from the official forum but the links is broken..

May be some of u have it.. Please I really want to have it

Punkrocker, back in ofp 1.46 days, made a russian fast attack boat with dual turrets.

It used two models.

1. boat and primary turret

2. secondary turret

If used without the script, it would just be the boat and primary turret. But with the script it attached the second turret. And it worked.

You can get it HERE and study it to figure out how to add the second gun to your Hind.

I just tested it in single player and it worked fine. Though the default gunner view is messed up, and the optical is the default gun emplacement optical. It does seem work.

Let us know if you get it working.

Excellent!

Thanks, I'll give it a go and post what happens.

Punkrocker, back in ofp 1.46 days, made a russian fast attack boat with dual turrets.

It used two models.

1. boat and primary turret

2. secondary turret

If used without the script, it would just be the boat and primary turret. But with the script it attached the second turret. And it worked.

You can get it HERE and study it to figure out how to add the second gun to your Hind.

I just tested it in single player and it worked fine. Though the default gunner view is messed up, and the optical is the default gun emplacement optical. It does seem work.

Let us know if you get it working.

Well, I gave it a go, and...

It works just fine if the turret you're trying to mount is directly above the center of the object you're mounting it to.

The array returned by "getpos" returns coordinates locked to N-S-E-W, rather than relative to the direction the vehicle is facing.

Therefore, I can tweak the setpos coordinates to make a side turret position well enough as long as the vehicle is either static, or facing the same direction. But the moment you turn the vehicle, the turret is altered in its position relative to the vehicle, messing up positioning. (if that makes any sense... ?)

Likewise, it only seems to operate on fixed, flat plane. I.e. a boat does not pitch or roll: rather it only yaw's. A helicopter in flight rotates on all 3 axis: only yaw of which is taken into account for turret positioning.

Regardless, it looks like I'm going to need a FAR more complex script to get this to work, and getdir isn't helping much...

I've tried de-packing the GNT Frigates PBO to look at how he did multiple turret scripts (and how to get them to rotate with the boat), but my PBO unpacker doesn't seem to be preserving the text of the SQS files... (grumble...):(

EDIT...

In thinking about it, if I could get the standard game M2, I could edit it's position to center, and then just us a get/setdir to keep it rotated properly, but that still won't fix the roll and pitch issues...

I'll have to get a Q up in the scripting thread to fix that issues.

And does anyone have a P3D (or is it "S"?) of the standard M2?

Thanks!

Edited by azbaobab

I really want that Fallujah 2.1 island but don't want to deal with those polluting files openers that install whatever on my computer and won't let me download the wanted file in the end. Would Ofp.info host the file? How can I contact them if anyone from that site is still around?

Thank you very much.. for the link... :yay:

---------- Post added at 09:17 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Hey is there any news from FSJ Studios for their lattest version of Binmod.. Alpha version maybe..

The link to the DMA army modpack is broken on both the filefront website and opfr.info! anybody know where i can get this pack?

Thank you!

Apparently, filefront (gamefront now) blocked downloads for users of a lot on country :

http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/

And it's probably impacting nearby countries users which ISP are linked to those many blocked countries.

Too bad, filefront used to be an usefull way to mirror your files, addons and mods for everyone to download easily, unfortunately it's not anymore if half of the world can't grab your uploads.

Yes there must be something wrong with the server, i'll try again tomorrow! Shame about Filefront, i hope ofpr.info stays up! Thanks!

The sky pack in the screenshot is MODUL skies. It might not look like it from the sky comparisons on Faguss' site due to a different angle and lighting, but I've used MODUL sky long enough to recognize it in my sleep.