theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

I was looking for something Korean, do we have something that could simulate the forces of DPRK? I found this mod, but I'm not sure about it's availability http://www.ofpd.org/korea.php

I'm wondering if there is a mod or something that would add the ability to reload on the move. I'm not sure if OFP even has the capability however, as previous searches on Google have come up empty or irrelevant.

Only Binmod has some reload on the move animations. However this mod only allows to reload while moving forward.

Take care, Icarus

Edited by Icarus
Spelling errors :)

Did anyone ever make a Yakovlev Yak-52 trainer addon for OFP ? I know R0adki11 was working on one or already had it finished for the NAF mod, but that was more than 3 years ago. A long time. Was that addon ever released for download anywhere ?

Did anyone ever make a Yakovlev Yak-52 trainer addon for OFP ? I know R0adki11 was working on one or already had it finished for the NAF mod, but that was more than 3 years ago. A long time. Was that addon ever released for download anywhere ?

Hi i have the Yak-52 model, but ive never finished it for release sorry.

Thanks for the reply, R0adki11. I've sent you a PM about the whole matter.

Yes, I'm a bit late to the OFP editing scene...

Has anyone been able to get multiple gunner positions on a heli? If so, how? I'm trying to do an Mi24 Hind with the nose gunner, and two side/door gunner positions, and... yea...

Am I banging my head against a brick wall?

It's not possible to add multiple gunners, but I think it's possible to add different points for weapons so you can add a weapon for every cannon (like a weapon that simulates the nose cannon, and an another weapon that simulates a DshK in the door, for example, and they are interchangeable when you press Space.)

Also I think it's possible to attach weapons to vehicles with scripts, like a .50 cal on a 5T Truck, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's not possible to add multiple gunners, but I think it's possible to add different points for weapons so you can add a weapon for every cannon (like a weapon that simulates the nose cannon, and an another weapon that simulates a DshK in the door, for example, and they are interchangeable when you press Space.)

Also I think it's possible to attach weapons to vehicles with scripts, like a .50 cal on a 5T Truck, but I haven't tried it yet.

Hm..

Thanks.

I have the SEB Nam pack, and I think you're describing what it does: sitting the gunner on the door, but the pilot and gunner can switch control of the same weapon.

Right, I'll have to look into the scripting thing. If I can re-work a standard M2 to look like a door gun, then script one onto each side, while keeping the built-in nose gunner position, that might work.

Sounds a bit over my head though...

Is there anyone else out there who'd be interested in a Hind with a couple door gunners for MP? :)

Punkrocker, back in ofp 1.46 days, made a russian fast attack boat with dual turrets.

It used two models.

1. boat and primary turret

2. secondary turret

If used without the script, it would just be the boat and primary turret. But with the script it attached the second turret. And it worked.

You can get it HERE and study it to figure out how to add the second gun to your Hind.

I just tested it in single player and it worked fine. Though the default gunner view is messed up, and the optical is the default gun emplacement optical. It does seem work.

Let us know if you get it working.

Nope, I want to place a puddle of blood on the ground.

do you just want a static object that is a puddle of blood?

link me to a pic and how big you want it.

I will make it real quick.

I just went ahead and made some. Keep in mind I made them kinda quick.

Just three different puddles of blood to use as props.

Get the BLOODPUDDLE.pbo and put in addons, of course.

You will find it in the editor under Empty>Bloodprops> Bloodprop1 - Bloodprop3

The editor icon is the default one, so it is as big as a tent. Sorry, I just didn't make icons. :/

If you do happen to have a pic you can link, I can edited it and add it to these three.

image:

379072_431764866872464_1331514277_n.jpg

Edited by mok_star

Wow it looks great but it seems that the download link is not working.

It may need to get approved first. I just uploaded it.

Do you now of another host I can upload it to?

ok, don't use gamefront for filesharing.

I have it here now on FileSwap: BLOODPUDDLES. Choose the "Slow Download", it is free. And I tested it.

room size:

552260_432094536839497_1370252288_n.jpg

Three various sizes:

253125_432095520172732_1508862369_n.jpg

I hope this works for you.

Edited by mok_star
found new host

If no one minds, here are two more questions from me :

1.) Was an Antonov An-26 addon ever made ? It is a fairly popular military transport, so I was wondering whether anyone took a stab at it in the past. The only Antonov transports I was able to find on ofp.gamepark and other addon sites were the Ruslan (An-124), the Cub (An-12) and the Colt (An-2).

2.) Does anyone know where I can contact the OFPL Team ? (The Polish modders who made an armed version of the BRDM-2 back in 2004 or 2005. I'd like to borrow said vehicle for a reskin and some additions and I want to ask them for permition.)

Greetings from Poland!

1.) Was an Antonov An-26 addon ever made ? It is a fairly popular military transport, so I was wondering whether anyone took a stab at it in the past. The only Antonov transports I was able to find on ofp.gamepark and other addon sites were the Ruslan (An-124), the Cub (An-12) and the Colt (An-2).

AFAIK the only An-26 was planned for Polish Silent War Mod, long time ago in 2003, but it was never finished. Though I've heard that guys at SW do plan to make An-26, but I don't now when...

2.) Does anyone know where I can contact the OFPL Team ? (The Polish modders who made an armed version of the BRDM-2 back in 2004 or 2005. I'd like to borrow said vehicle for a reskin and some additions and I want to ask them for permition.)

Unfortunately, OFPL is long dead, and it's almost impossible to catch authors somewhere. But don't loose your faith! BRDM-2 was released under Offtime's own license which is similar to GNU-Open Source license, just read the readmes carefully.

Do You plan any Slovakia-themed mod?