theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a version of the Seahawk for ACWA. If anyone has where I can find thanks in advance.

It would work fine why wouldn't you think it would? is there an issue with the addon? I Appreciate the link and answering my request. Maybe next time I will have to put ACWA OR OFP in the request line... oh wait i did that....

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a version of the Seahawk for ACWA.

It would work fine why wouldn't you think it would? is there an issue with the addon? I Appreciate the link and answering my request. Maybe next time I will have to put ACWA OR OFP in the request line... oh wait i did that....

Because of you specifically mentioning ACWA in your opening post (which usually contains what the whole point is about rather than a short topic title), I thought you had a problem with getting a Seahawk addon made pre-1.99 to work. So sorry for trying to help....

Don't be sorry you helped and it is greatly appreciated. I didn't want a generic helo I needed a Navy Seahawk Viola you came up with one. So all kidding aside thanks. only reason I stated ACWA was because it is the version I am working with so if it was backwards compatible fine.

I feel like I requested this before, but it could have been another forum, but I am requesting an addon for OFP/ACWA relating to any and all Command and Conquers. There were a few addons I found such as that GDI Mammoth tank that was ported from CNC Renegade, but I would like things like buildings and such. I saw a few full mods, but they're either shut down or they moved onto the sequels. Buildings such as the Barracks, Brotherhood of Nod Obelisk, Watch Tower, Hand of Nod, things like that. Also if it's not too hard to make new units out of existing BIS units and reskinning those, I would like to do things like that.

The Orca from Renegade would be cool too, but I doubt people like porting from other games and there's a question about legality, so I understand, so perhaps someone who's willing to model Tiberian Dawn era units and buildings (defenses too), that would be quite awesome. I have an extensive description of a unit list somewhere on my external about what I'd like to see in a Command and Conquer addon pack.

I also saw a Soviet Mammoth tank, but I feel the model is...well, lacking (no offense to the maker), it would be excellent if someone could make a more accurate to scaled one, perhaps using the GDI Mammoth from Renegade as a base for scale? A tesla coil would also be cool. I have no idea how hard it is to mod for OFP. If I could learn to basically reskin existing assets, I could put out a few CNC related addons myself. I would like to make a few missions based on some Command and Conquer missions so that'd definitely be a great help. As for me actually getting around to it, I have no idea.

The Tiberium universe and Red Alert universe are rather cool, but I always wanted to see those franchises on a more battlefield-style land/sea/air scope in person. Immersion if you will. It'd be pretty cool to assault a Nod base. Just imagine the chaos? Also guys catching ablaze from Tiberium fields? For those here that played CNC95 and remember that kind of stuff, you gotta admit that'd be pretty classic to see in a game such as OFP. Oh and catching people on fire with the Nod Flame Tank? Oh yeah. Also Napalm strikes with A-10's! I think that was on the N64 version, though. That being said, still, I think doing this for OFP would be fun. Imagine if you will a Nod Obelisk charging up and destroying a GDI HMMWV with a high powered laser blast? Talk about epic base defense! Nod Turret firing at a GDI Missile Boat off shore perhaps? Yep. Fun stuff. If anyone agrees with me that this would be cool and fun to experiment with in OFP, give me a holler or reply here, please! Kinda wanted to throw this idea out there. I mean we already have a Warhammer mod. Why not Command & Conquer?

Huh. Those are actually released? I didn't even see those on ofpr.info. Guess I just didn't look hard enough. Tiberian Sun is also a pretty cool era. It's a shame all those mods went to the newer games. Really all I ever wanted was CNC stuff in OFP and possibly ArmA 1. I don't have the specs to run ArmA 2 (sadly this computer I'm on can't even run ArmA 1 well at all either). I thank you for those links, though!

Huh. Those are actually released? I didn't even see those on ofpr.info. Guess I just didn't look hard enough. Tiberian Sun is also a pretty cool era. It's a shame all those mods went to the newer games. Really all I ever wanted was CNC stuff in OFP and possibly ArmA 1. I don't have the specs to run ArmA 2 (sadly this computer I'm on can't even run ArmA 1 well at all either). I thank you for those links, though!

ArmA2 has far less creative mods than OFP did, apart from a very few excellent historical ones (Unsung, I44, soon Pacific), some in the pipe (Abs' Star Treck mod) and Stargate (but the main author just retired). Really few.

Ah, I see. :) I know there's a CNC mod for ArmA 2, "Decades of Tiberian", but I just wish there was a full scale mod still going for OFP. It'd be pretty awesome seeing an Obelisk frying a GDI armored force as it rolls in, or perhaps an Orca dodging all sorts of Nod SAM Site installations. If a full scale CNC mod was made, I'd pretty much be in heaven, since for years I was wanting to do a few short movies relating to the Tiberium universe and the Red Alert universe.

Hi! i was wondering, is there some sort of extension that adds a few death stances? it's like when you hit a soldier with rpg it looks like you hit him with broom :P i've heard that the ICP anims add this, but i am unable to find this file. also, is there a working flamethrower somewhere out there?

Well here is Your flamethrower ,btw there are couple other flamethrowers in MODS such as WW2MP,or WW1 mod,so test those both.... hope this helps :flamethrower:

Yeah i know that one, but it's a bit rusty. But are those other flamethrowers standalone addons? thx

Edited by -Gonzo-

ah i see, thank you anyway. you wouldnt happen to know about any new or different death anims... just to make them fall over different or send them flying, or something like a dismemberment script? kinda lame when i shoot a guy with tank gun and he just falls down like he's been beaten by a broom you know :p

Well my friend,AFAIK all SLX mods have those kind of animations,not sure if there are any custom animations to replace standard BIS(of course there are anims,but not that kind which You want.... BUT ask OFP veterans! they know much more then I do)

ah i see, thank you anyway. you wouldnt happen to know about any new or different death anims... just to make them fall over different or send them flying, or something like a dismemberment script? kinda lame when i shoot a guy with tank gun and he just falls down like he's been beaten by a broom you know :p

Yep, try this EffectPack (don't remember who made it) but there's dismemberment inside, and various fx :

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/EffectPackV081.rar

That's nice, definatly an improvement, thank you! :p but does everybody still play with those standard-ofp death anims?

Hi guys, I´m trying to find the 3WX Object Pack 1.1.

The ofpr link is broken and I can't find it on the net.

Thanks, great database.

I'm afraid all the links that were provided to this user are down now. Can anyone else provide a new one, please?

It has always worked fine for me ... Maybe a mistake was made in the news post you found the link in.

After some searching I see it is a "needed" addon in several islands, and the Retextured Afganistan island post had a link to a hosted site of the creator that removed the file later so maybe you were trying to download the needed addons for that island? The file was on the regular server as well though, so if you had searched for it you would have found other posts that had the working link, like I did ;)

@Matteo1944: Thanks. But I'm afraid that wasn't the version I was looking for. Thanks anyway. I appreciate it.

@JdB: That's the one I was looking for! Version 1.1. And yes, I needed that for marcomio's CAT Afghanistan. The fact is I've been looking for this addon for a good while now and all I found was version 1.0 or dead links to 1.1. Truth is that I've been using mainly google, so that might have been my problem (not necessarily google, but my googskillz). Funny thing, I could swear I tried the one you've posted before, or maybe a variation of it, without success.

Thanks a lot, both of you.