theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Thank you silver ranger, but unfortunately it is not the one. I should have mentioned that it was not made by ICP/ORCS. But thank you anyways.

Thank you Zulu, but unfortunately it is not the right one :-(

The one I described in my post *may* have been based on Kegetys' RPG-7, but it may have been modified for realism.

Here are some additional details that just came to mind:

-It was a beautiful weapon to use... When you fired it, it was a lot more of a heavy "bullet shot" than a rocket flight, just like the real thing. You felt a good thump when it fired, and it tended to drop parabolically just like the real thing.

-The sound! The explosion sound was very deep, very rich and very realistic. If you look at RPG-7 explosion videos on youtube, it sounds EXACTLY the same. Its hard to describe it, but you can see/hear it online.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forget the above, I think I found it!

There was a thread where some guy asked about the very same addon! It was originally made by a guy named "tanelorm", by heavily modifying Kegetys' original RPG-7! Then a user forum here named "Mintyboy" improved on that and corrected some mistakes!!! See the thread here! I am trying to find the addon! The links on that thread are either dead or just not working for me :-(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=29397

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Unfortunately, all known links are dead :-(

The name of the needed addon is Improved RPG-7 v1.12, and the filename is mtb_rpg7_v1_12.zip

Here is the completed addon thread by mintyboy:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=29443

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Does anyone know mintyboy? Maybe someone has his email address and we can ask him if he still has it! :)

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

Ok! All the research has been done! Here is the definitive addon request! The funny thing is I was able to answer all my own questions and ended up figuring it all out by myself! :-p But thanks to the guys who replied and offered help! We still need to find the file though!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The best and most realistic RPG-7 Addon ever made for OFP!

Features:

Different scope view (very intuitive when getting the range of armour). Different impact sounds. A choice of two different warheads (tandem-charge (AP) and frag), with different flight-characteristics for each (frag is lighter, so has a shallower arc of flight). New firing sound (a sharp "Pop!" noise). All-in-all, very good work based on Kegetys' original model (original modification by "Tanelorm", then classnames edited by "Mintyboy" to ensure backwards compatibility with original Kegetys addon)

Filename: mtb_rpg7_v1_12.zip

Only problem: we have to find a working link on the vast ocean that is the internet! :-p

Zulu 1, this is Freaxor69!

YOU ARE THE MAN! Thanks my ofp Brother!

I learned my lesson after several category 5 Hard Drive disasters, I'm gonna burn my entire addon collection on CD-Rs or DVD's because finding everything again each time is a *****!!! And that way if anyone is looking for a rare addon I can upload it for them too!

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

@freax0r69

Well that was going to be my next guess. That one never got any real attention by anyone.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H5JK0YFF

here is my edit adding all combinations of launchers and ammo.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D3L2L2BG

Zulu, does your edit contain an ammo box? I looked in the editor but I couldn't find it and also, Mintyboy's version also seems to be missing an ammo box! :-(

If not, do you have the original one by tanelorm? It appears only the original tanelorm RPG-7 addon has the ammo box! :p

Thanks again Zulu1! You are the point man for the community's RPG-7 needs! Tanelorn's version is the one I was looking for! :-)

Yes sorry, I should have clarified the chronology/versions for anyone else who might be interested:

Kegetys made the first RPG-7, we could call it the "base model"

Tanelorn made an edit with different weapon sights, arc of flight, damage modeling and impact sounds (great mod) we should call this one the "first modfication/edit"

Mintyboy made a further edit by using different classnames to ensure backwards compatibility with the Kegetys "base model". We should call this one the "second modification/edit" (note this version does not include an editor menu ammo box)

Zulu1 made the final edit, adding different ammo types and soldiers in the editor equipped with the different versions of the RPG-7 launcher. It also does not include an editor menu ammo box. We should call this the final edit.

Cheers!

Few days ago on ofpr.info i saw new ofp mod(kind of ffur),today i wanted to download it but i cant open ofpr.info!!!! if anyone can give me direct link i would be gracefull!

Edited by Matteo1944

Hi! i was curious if there have been any body-armor scripts or addons released! When i use a east soldier who is wearing body armor, i still get killed from 100 yards with 1 pistol shot to the gut :p is there any solution? Thanks!

Few days ago on ofpr.info i saw new ofp mod(kind of ffur),today i wanted to download it but i cant open ofpr.info!!!! if anyone can give me direct link i would be gracefull!

I think you mean Binmod. I can't post a link to the OFPr.info newspost right now, but the mirror links were posted in the Binmod thread.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2060441#post2060441

I realize there has been a few Command and Conquer mods in the past, but I really still want a Tiberian Dawn based mod for OFP still. The converted Renegade Mammoth is really fun to play with in the Mission Editor, I'll admit, but I want full on GDI vs Nod action. Infantry, Vehicles, and special weapons. It's a big undertaking, but I think it'd be really cool still after all these years. I don't much care if people make a CNC mode with it...I just want full on conflict as if it were a real life conflict. Now, most of the models out there are technically already made, since Tiberian Dawn takes place in 1999 (start of the First Tiberium War. It ends in 2002. Look it up.).

I don't think that the Nod stealth tanks would work completely effectively like they should, but they'd make for nice anti-vehicle/anti-air platforms at the least. If someone needs references, I will PM them to them. I'm even quite content if I am shown how to just reskin a few units (re-skin existing units but make them available separately. Something I have actually been wanting to do) since I can't model worth a crap.

I realize I can't get everything that I want, but I just wanted to pitch this idea out there for those who were having the same ideas. It'd look pretty awesome seeing HMMWVs trying to attack a Nod base and an Obelisk obliterates them completely, like in the cinematics. That'd be cool, eh? Also...Napalm strikes and Ion Cannon blasts...that'd be cool.

Cheers.

Greets, I would like to ask if anyone knows of addons like MG nests and different types of machineguns for example the M2 but in crouch position, fixed M240 maybe, if anyone can find US weaponry of that kind I would be grateful. (Russian equipment is accepted, just avoid ORCS machinegun pack as I already have it, great pack).

@Lt.Drake Jackson:

In case you don't know...

WGL mod has M2 machinegun with low mounts. Also FDF mod has something similar

:681:

Just coming back from Arma I and back into OFP....

Does anyone know of a weapon pack or standalone addon that has the m32 grenade launcher?

Info

Where can i get those static anims( I belive Hunters),but whole pack...every single one in just one pack!

edit-already found...but thanks

Edited by Matteo1944
found

Trying to get my hands on Blackblood's SCAR addon, but the links in all search results are broken. Can anyone re-upload it?