theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

could definitely use the crew if its required to run the addon. if not don't worry about it. was going to use the peugeot boxer van for an idea i had planting a SEAL team in with a group of embedded irregulars inside a civillian vehicle. So far as i know there are no irregular sf units in ofp other than the tqp woodland ones with boonie hats which don't look like they could embed with an irregular unit and the hyk sf look too bulky to pass for irregular. By irregular units i mean, units that could pass for guerillas if it were dark out. No helmets, pants untucked, etc. The current sf multicam by ivosm were well done but lacked an irregular look, besides the shamagh they had helmets on. Besides, seeing as how the maritime counterparts usually lead operations and any operation embedded with irregulars would be covert, i could see SEALs going in anyhow. But I'm rambling....

anyways it does help to know how to use the ofp units a little bit. you get all these custom units and no missions for that reason.

Speaking of irregulars here's another long lost addon I found. RLK GUERILLA PACK!! http://www.mediafire.com/?531wob72ilwv3no

Edited by BronzeEagle

Anyone have FatWombat's retextured Kolgujev? I found his retex of Everon and Malden, but Kolgujev eludes me; the links are all dead.

Any help would be appreciated!

@Jagermeisters

Wow, I thought maybe someone finally stumped me and came up with something that I didn't have. Fatwombat rang a bell with me so I kept searching and finally came up with it.

NewCainIsland.zip

No, just a simple man with a whole bunch of addons...hehe

Is there any possible way,that in OFP cwc will be made ironsights like those in COD....

You talking about true 3d ironsights or just similiar to crosshairs which petralch used from Call of Duty in his ACSR mod ?

Bielow

real 3D ironsights,not those pictures on screen...

Edited by Matteo1944

real 3D ironsights,not those pictures on screen...

It's been 10 years now. If it was possible, someone would have done it already :(

I experimented with this long time ago :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=629195&postcount=13

I remember someone else was working on this too, but can't remember who. Though considering it has never been released, i guess the problems encountered where similar to mine, additionally OFPAnim lack the precision to move a weapon proxy -exactly- where needed, and you would need weapon with the sight zone detailled enough (lots of weapon model to save faces count use a texture and so would not be usable in such a way), and have a soldier model with the pilot memory to fit the whole thing.

Anyways, it was simply not working good and that's certainly why none released anything like this despite some good scripters tried.

In my opinion it's a much better idea would be to make the 2D sights using better iron sight texture/picture to give the illusion of 3D sights.

Some of them were very nice in the CSLA mod if i remember well.

This idea is interesting. But not every weapons made by different addon makers are so good detailed (if we are talking about ironsights). Sometimes one part of ironsight is higher or lower than second part (or more on left/right). It maybe looking good on this example but in other weapons it may be not fit well. I hope that my explanation is good. In my opinion 2D ironsights are better and not so difficult to do. And 2D sights have OFP spirit ;)

That's pretty interesting. Do you still happen to have the animation for experimenting?

Unfortunately it's long gone.

hi guys im trying to find the M65 A1 Powersuit all download links are gone if anyone has a new download link it would be greatly appreciated