theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

Hi to all!

Just a idea/requests

A mod based on the War of the Worlds or Battle: Los Angeles.

I really enjoyed the War of the Worlds movie and Battle: LA also looks "Kick ass!":yay:

Human side Code Bleu addons?

Are there aliens addons for OFP? (and i don't mean Aliens like Aliens VS Predator)

Brainstorming

War of the Worlds

Battle LA

Skyline

Independence Day

Mass Effect

Edited by bennie1983nl

I've been looking and looking for a good BRDM with a gun turrent (no rockets). Someone mentioned a few pages back this BRDM. However, when you download it, you get a camoflagued version. Does anyone have the one that is pictured?

Thanks

Hi Guys after playing arma2 co and accepting the fact it is impossible to play large missions on my rig, I turned to ofp.

I have OFP GOTY edition. I patched it to 1.96 and now I looking for mods to enhance my experience. I play only single-player and as such I am interested in mods which improve the graphics and AI.

Currently I am using FFUR 85( 2008) and while the mod itself is phenomenal, I wanted to know if ffur 2007 is better(graphics and effects) and if it breaks the campaigns.

Also after getting used to the third person view of arma 2, I am finding it hard to adjust to the third person view in ofp.

I have adjusted the extcameraposition[] as suggested by Sanctuary, but i prefer a view like that of amra2 where you can see the whole model of the player. Can you guys suggest any recommended values for extcameraposition[], as every attempt of mine has resulted in disaster.

I am also open to trying out new mods, textures which help ofp look good in 2011.

Sorry for the long post, I played ofp way back and I want to relieve all those memories by playing it again and this time with added mods.

I will end this post by thanking you for reading through it, and looking forward to replies..:)

@katansaber1

If You like modern units You should at least try playing FFUR 2007. From what I've seen it does have most of effects used in ECP to improve the graphics. Unfortunately it also does brake some of the missions because of weird AI behavior. It can be fixed though, if You're interested You should read few of my post in FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0 topic on pages 72-73 to know how to avoid problems. You might also want to download tweaked FFUR config from one of my posts from page 73. Cheers!

@katansaber1

If You like modern units You should at least try playing FFUR 2007. From what I've seen it does have most of effects used in ECP to improve the graphics. Unfortunately it also does brake some of the missions because of weird AI behavior. It can be fixed though, if You're interested You should read few of my post in FFUR-SLX 2007 2.0 topic on pages 72-73 to know how to avoid problems. You might also want to download tweaked FFUR config from one of my posts from page 73. Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions ddeo.. I have finished installing ffur 2007 2.5 . Gonna fire up the campaign and see how it goes. I have downloaded the cfg.bin uploaded by you, does it fix all the mission breaking stuff..

Also any recommendation's for altering 3rd person view to be similar to that of arma2.. And any other graphic enhancing mods that you may know of...

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestions ddeo.. I have finished installing ffur 2007 2.5 . Gonna fire up the campaign and see how it goes. I have downloaded the cfg.bin uploaded by you, does it fix all the mission breaking stuff..

Also any recommendation's for altering 3rd person view to be similar to that of arma2.. And any other graphic enhancing mods that you may know of...

Cheers!

You will also need to set better "SLX_Alert" settings in "SLX_GL3_Settings.sqf" file. Read more here on page 72 and 73. I've had mention there how to run original campaign properly with FFUR 2007 (it still will be played differently because AI are more cautious in FFUR and they often want to clear and secure the area before proceeding to next objectives).

Back to topic, I'm looking for FN SCAR and AAVP addons. I couldn't find working links when I was searching for those addons last time.

Just noticed VME released a new version of their PLA mod last year (v3.2) the infantry looks a lot different.

Is this available on any English language hosts? If not is anyone interested in it? If so I will ask them if I can get it mirrored on another site, you need to be a member to get the dl links from their forum (which is a bit difficult since the site is in Chinese).

Edit: Hah! You even need to be a member to view the screenshots. They've changed the camoflage to a grey/green pattern added swimming, leaning and other animations (from FFUR SLX 2.5) naval units and more jets.

It'd be nice if you could get this on another site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Zeewolf*

Just noticed VME released a new version of their PLA mod last year (v3.2) the infantry looks a lot different.

Is this available on any English language hosts? If not is anyone interested in it? If so I will ask them if I can get it mirrored on another site, you need to be a member to get the dl links from their forum (which is a bit difficult since the site is in Chinese).

Edit: Hah! You even need to be a member to view the screenshots. They've changed the camoflage to a grey/green pattern added swimming, leaning and other animations (from FFUR SLX 2.5) naval units and more jets.

It'd be nice if you could get this on another site.

I checked this out. It looks like only 2 update files which I d/l'd. Let me know if you want them

Hi guys, I´m trying to find the 3WX Object Pack 1.1.

The ofpr link is broken and I can't find it on the net.

Thanks, great database.