theavonlady

OFP Addon request thread

@CAPTUSNR

Quote[/b] ]I found a mission by Gaia called Firespread (or Commanche). The only addon listed listed in the Read Me file is the dkmm_rah66_111 by DKM Mod. However the mission will not load and gives me the error message: missing addon prim.

Prim is part of the CSLA mod pack. It can be used independentley of the entire pack.

A little tip to see what addons are required in missions or campaigns is to open the pbo file, then view the mission.sqm file and at the begining there is an "addons section" showing what is required. In the case of campaigns you need to go to the missions folder and open each mission. A quicker way is to use a utility called Addon Scanner.

My Webpage

Thanks Zuku and Kurtz. You are correct that "prim" is indeed part of CSLA and I found it. Thanks also Zuku for the scanner; it'll come in handy.

Thanks again and Happy New Years - Cheers! rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]I suggest you try changing the islands the missions use (by editing the suffix of the pbo) and seeing if that works for you. If not, hopefully someone else can help you out more

Thanks Walter,

I wasn't aware that Rugen was the same island. I just renamed the missions from pmc_euro to pmc_rugen and it works fine.

I've been trying to find a working DL link for BWMod's Eurofighter Typhoon beta that was released a year or so ago. A;; the links on the boards and through Google that I tried are down.

Does anyone know where I might find a working one?

@ Bordic

If you don't already have it, try the ASZ_NeededAddons from this page of the Pedagne Mod.

prph_mp5 - prph is the acronym for addon-maker Preparation H. There's mention of an MP5 in this IX Reggimento Paracadutisti d'Assalto "Col Moschin".

AB212 - hopefully the correct version is included in the Pedagne Mod Chopper pack, if not, it might be in Needed_G8Mod_Vehicles

KLA_Objects - the ASZ_NeededAddons already mentioned might contain this

Well, I have installed the addons from the sites you linked and now I can play some maps...

Now the issue is that when I enter the game with the Pedagne mod I get this message:

no entry 'config.bin\cgweapons.m9pistol

and when trying to play Dity Trick and Op. Weasel missions by Klavan I now get this message:

no entry '.model special' or ' no entry ',model'

and then the game goes back to the ofp intro.

these strings did appear even with the other 5 missions but they still can be played.

And more, since Pedagne requests BAS islands, I have installed the BAS complete pack too. When trying to play the BAS mission Bait and Switch I get this message:

no entry 'mfcti11' but now I can't remember if in config.bin but it can likely be... What to do?

Welcome to the joyful world of addon conflicts. Discipline and being methodical should get you through.

1. Learn to use modfolders, don't just pile every addon into \Addons or \Res\Addons.

2. Try to run only the addons needed for the mission. Regarding Bait n' Switch, you probably have a mfcti11.pbo (or similar) somewhere - get rid of it for the time being.

3. Try to find the addon that's causing the problem. Move the pbo.s you installed that caused the message to appear into a modfolder. Repeat the following process until you find what's causing the problem - for each pbo in turn: delete it, start OFP, note if the message appears, undelete and try the next pbo.

Since what is missing is a handgun, the problem is likely caused by an infantry unit addon. See if the missions you want to play will still run without it present.

Edit: Look at this page listing the contents of the NeededAddons pack and note the difference between the Italian and English lists.

Missing are:

dkmm_psg1_r.zip - GamePark Link or Probably this (despite the different .zip name)

dkmm_psg1_sd_r.zip - GamePark Link or Ought to be this (again .zip renamed)

M9_Pistol_R.zip - GamePark Link or Hopefully this (despite the different .zip name)

usmg_res_12.zip - from this page OR Updated version 2.0

Thank you for the hints!  wink_o.gif

However I use modfolders, and in this case BAS complete pack and Pedagne mod folders.

bout Bait and Switch mfcti11 seems to be a missing pbo in Bas folder. Do you know which is the addon pack including it?

I will try Pedagne with new addons asap.

smile_o.gif

EDIT: Ok, I have found out this page:

http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites....ti

mabe it is what I need as the main mfcti download site doesn't work...

Quote[/b] ]However I use modfolders, and in this case BAS complete pack and Pedagne mod folders.

bout Bait and Switch mfcti11 seems to be a missing pbo in Bas folder. Do you know which is the addon pack including it?

I will try Pedagne with new addons asap.

Bordic:

After a little mission research I found:

gaja_ro (Gaia Firespread) Only requires 2 addons

dkmm_rah66 (Commanche)

prim (From CSLA)

Bait & Switch only requires BAS addons & Jam Magazines

MFCTI may give you an erroneous missing addon message, but should not prevent mission from starting.

Dirty Trick requires many addons:

addOns[]=

{

"asz_sm",

"ASZ_Pilota",

"dkmm_mod",

"m9pistol",

"asz_ab205",

"prph_sc70",

"ASZ_NH90",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"jam_magazines",

"pm12",

"usmg",

"pm12scoped",

"asz_zodiac1",

"bis_weaponpack",

"bas_o",

"coc_diver",

"gig_scud"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"asz_sm",

"ASZ_Pilota",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"JAM_Magazines",

"ASZ_NH90",

"asz_zodiac1",

"bas_o"

Looks like you still need:

coc_diver

usmg(tow)

gig_scud

OP Weasel has similar addon requirements:

addOns[]=

{

"JAM_Magazines",

"ASZ_A129",

"ASZ_SM",

"ASZ_SH3D",

"ASZ_AB212",

"asz_ab412",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"ASZ_LVTP7_MM",

"ASZ_Pilota",

"bis_resistance",

"bas_o",

"ASZ_LRgun",

"m9pistol",

"prph_sc70",

"usmg",

"pm12",

"panzer3",

"asz_ab205",

"dkmm_mod",

"asz_crewmm",

"invtargets",

"su25"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"ASZ_A129",

"ASZ_SM",

"ASZ_SH3D",

"ASZ_AB212",

"asz_ab412",

"BAS_OPFOR",

"ASZ_LVTP7_MM",

"ASZ_Pilota",

"bis_resistance",

"bas_o",

"ASZ_LRgun",

"JAM_Magazines"

Here is an addon pack that will help:

ftp://ftp.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/ASZ_NeededAddons.zip

Bordic:

After a little mission research I found:

Yes, thanks but I have alread depboed those missions and found out that they require those KLA_OBJECTS wich are to be found nowhere.

And more, after having reinstalled the mod: pedagnetotalpack + colMoschinaddons + ASZ needed addons + Pedagne island and any other external addon such as invisible targets, Vitapc... I still have a missing config entry:

ASZ_AT4.ALLRocket or MK149 at start and M9.Pistol in some missions, even if I include M9_Pistol_R addon. In some cases the game can't find ASZ_Pilota which is already in... sad_o.gif

About BAS mission I think I found the solution, MFCTI11.pbo was included in the ofp_bas_complete_pack.msi. I have simply removed it and the game has got no longer any issues.

Quote[/b] ]Try removing the Col Moschin addons

It's comming back to me now. Walter's got it right, as a matter of fact Col Moschin's pack is incompattible with the latest ASZ addons.

Also removing the KLA objects from mission.sqm is a good call, no "units" from Klavan's pack seem to be used.

Yes! They work now even if now and then those no model/special pop up when starting the missions...

However m9pistol is always requested as much as asz_at4all.rocket!

Something strange: when exiting missions the screen doesn't refresh even if with the main manu over, that is, I continue shooting when clicking over other mission names. Is this ok? That happens with wgl5, mcm-slx, y2k3...but not with ecp, graa, ffur85, bas complete pack...

Are there possibly any incompatibilities?

Does anybody have the Resistance fix for the mission Operation Firelord by Devilchaser? I am trying to run original OFP from the preferences but all it does is show the menu and clicking on anything causes a CTD.

The fix is mentioned in this thread.

EDIT

Nevermind. Got it.

Im missing an addon, but the fact im missing it is due to me being stupid. Im missing the original Anim.pbo for both CWC and Resistance, As it was over-written. Would be possible for some kind person notworthy.gif to upload the original anims somewhere for me to download. Im finding playing online with less OFP servers more tricky as over paranoid cheater hunters seem to think your a cheat for having any modded file. Can anyone help plz. confused_o.gif

great thanks dante!

I was about to go through the addons sections page by page but this saves me so much time lol

I'm looking for an addon called "cover". Any ideas?

It is required in an MP mission along with the Marine assault pack and the VIT APC pack if that's any help.

EDIT: Zuku1 helped me out with this one by PM: Link

Can anybody help me, please. I'm desperately looking for addon ECL Barracuda Gunboat. Name of the file- ECL_fboat.zip. Help me, please

Second addon what I'm looking for is Pinguinmans Paratrooper Animations. Help me to find it, please.