Sign in to follow this  
Solus

SLX Mod 2.0

Thank you.

I still play Arma, and the ACE compatibility is great.

Another huge THANKS :yay:

My respect for SLX goes back to OFP!

I can't wait to try it.

In the meantime, 2 quick questions:

1. I noticed that the ReadMe is 3 months out of date (June 09)

Has it been updated to reflect your latest changes?

2. Is this compatible with GL3 and ECS? Or should I drop these 2 because SLX incorporates their wizardry?

Although I recently moved to A2, this is very appreciated as our clan still swears by A1 & ACE for co-op ;)

The last changes were at the time of the readme, I just didn't get to releasing it until now. I don't know about SNKMAN's stuff, but I think I was testing it with ECS so it should work fine with it.

I loaded up 2.0, I am getting a config.cpp error line 2664 /RadioProtocol/:Missing'}'

Hope this helps.

Edited by vengeance1

This could be a nice MOD if there wouldnt be more stupid radio spam,which is almost pretty annoying.Why those guys have to spam every secound "Enemy POSITION,ENEMY Position,wow guys STFU.........Eh Damn wrong MOD,i was talking about the ARMA II..sry

Himmels: no-AI talk on radio mods are available for both Arma 1 and 2. I always use them when I can, because the robo-talk is an immersion killer.

During preliminary testing, I encountered the following error message:

@SLX\bin\config.cpp/cfgweapons/ACE_BMP2Mgun30.picture

Any ideas?

Is it serious?

How do I fix it?

Strange, but somehow the download does not seem to be working for me.

I got an error when I tried to open the file. It says: "unexpected end of archive".

Is this again my own noobness or is there more to it? Thanks

That means the file is corrupted(broken).Try downloading again.

is it a module like i have to place it in the map that i make or is this like a patch were when i install it its just there?

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

is this a mod like that i have to put it on the map in editor or is it just like a patcha and its just ao=utomaticly in the game because when i play the game and go to editor i cant find anything to do with the mod in the editor and i dont want to waste my time playing randomly to see a change in the game.

is it a module like i have to place it in the map that i make or is this like a patch were when i install it its just there?

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

is this a mod like that i have to put it on the map in editor or is it just like a patcha and its just ao=utomaticly in the game because when i play the game and go to editor i cant find anything to do with the mod in the editor and i dont want to waste my time playing randomly to see a change in the game.

After you've downloaded the SLX Mod open it up and drag the folder @SLX to your ArmA folder. Then open your ArmA shortcut on your desktop and in the target box you should have "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" or something similar.

Add this on the end:

-mod=@SLX; If you have Queens Gambit then change it to this:

-mod=DBE1;@SLX; <--------- you can add more mod folders if you have any by adding the folder name. But make sure you have ; in between each additional mod folder you add to the target line.

An example from my addons list:

-nosplash -nopause -openal -maxmem=2048 -cpuCount=2 -mod=DBE1;@EEH;@RTEditor;@CoC;@CTI;@Des_Repl; etc etc etc

Although i'm using ArmA Mod Launcher. I'll post a link if i find it. Hope that helps you get started. If i've confused you then don't hesitate to ask. ;)

Edited by Law-Giver
Spelling corrections.

Why there is no "Start SLX.bat" in the folder? Does this mod work without it? Is it enough to put the line "-mod=@SLX" into shortcut?

Another thing: how to fix the problem with message "No entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/FakeWeapon.displayName'"? And why does it messed up menu background and turn off music?

Edited by dwinar

Why there is no "Start SLX.bat" in the folder? Does this mod work without it? Is it enough to put the line "-mod=@SLX" into shortcut?

Start SLX.bat should be in the @SLX folder

Another thing: how to fix the problem with message "No entry '@SLX\bin\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/FakeWeapon.displayName'"?

I've the same problem, if you find the solution please let me know

I have arma1, arma2 and arma:OA but my laptop can only run properly arma1, I have to say thanks for this MOD, there are players still play arma1.