Sign in to follow this  
DaGreek

Bitter Chill problem

Having helped Father Fydor I have the NAPA extraction option which I choose. After the NAPA driver drops me off I tell my guys to hold fire. Each time one of them says he's acquired a target and disobeys my order thus drawing fire rather than avoiding confrontation. :mad:

I tried moving away from the drop-off point and the large group of enemy soldiers ASAP and that seemed to work, however as I approached Novy Sobor another one of my guys said he acquired a target and again disobeyed the order not to engage. After a few reloads I felt I was watching for their "do not fire" status more than the horizon and that it was a game to see if I could re-order a cease fire before they took a shot off. :butbut::eek:

Perhaps I could beat the mission by engaging the enemy, but IMHO this is a bug. I've reproduced it a dozen times and can't seem to get him to stop engaging the enemy regardless of the engagement style I choose. Once the enemy group of soldiers passed us by and I thought we were in the clear, but he once again started shooting...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Pavlos

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

I should also add I never had this problem in any previous mission. O'Hara seems to be the one who is most problematic, though all have disengaged and started to fire without permission. I've even had him wonder off and disobey move and return to formation orders. I can see this happening if they are threataned but all of these have been provoked attacks.

There are times when I wish some of these covert missions were single man missions as the AI can sometimes require too much babysitting.

OPF tended to stay single player in those situations. One of my favorite from the original OPF series was the mission to infiltrate the enemy base and enter the two story house to steal the enemy plans (at least I think that was the objective). Another was the one where you sabotaged the 3 tanks at the Russian base at night (both were night missions). Those were the days. Makes me want to install OPF...

As an updated I got past the Novy Sobor part and am heading toward the NAPA safehouse... O'Hara acted up again so I've gotten into the habit of saving every 3 min. Heck for the Manhattan mission I probably only saved 6 times so this is getting ridicoulous. The mission is very easy so far but this AI thing is killing me.

Sounds like a bug peculiar to your play through. I didn't have any such problem, nor have I seen a similar one in this mission posted elsewhere. It would definitely get my goat too, if I'd had to put up with it! :mad:

If the enemies are close enough they will disobey the "hold fire" command...

But in your case it seems more like a bug.