Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

Exchange/Replace objects

The Exchange objects window is too small in Visitor3. You can't see the full model names when you go to replace buildings. This corrected would be very helpful to people such as myself that are doing large projects like replacing all the arma1 objects with arma2 objects.

Thanks

Use export script function for such stuff. Export all objs Search and Replace (pathes and objs) in a texteditor and import again. (dont forget to setup new template list).

Or use moveObject by mikero. :)

Be aware that current BIS tool in Visitor (and export script!) don't pick up size of the existing object and when you finish replacement you'll have size=100 or random for that object. Best way is to replace p3d under Nature, thats how I do it.

Best way is to replace p3d under Nature, thats how I do it.

Not quite sure what you mean there, can you elaborate?

Hey guys,

I have a problem importing 150% size objects, i do understand it wont work, but any way to alter script or some ?

Later,

Allie

Bern: well, the best way to keep orientation and size of objects is to replace only the p3d.

1. Click on Tools menu and pick Nature Objects.

2. Select the wanted object you'll replace.

3. Under file click on [...] button and browse for the replacement object (p3d).

4. Voila, you keep all the settings and new object even sets itself on a proper (default) height.

Be aware that this only works for objects of similiar size, so you better put both objects one by one in 3d so you can compare them. Be sure to put both to size=100 to see any size difference.

Alliexx: sorry, i'm not using export/import because size is not written in the files and only picks random size or 100 when you import.