Sign in to follow this  
onmas

Commander shoots when team are on 'Hold Fire'??

Hi everyone - first posting :)

So, here's the problem (I think). I like to micro manage my deployment, so I do a lot of 'switch to' and individually place my team for an assault. I have found that when switching to a team player (when the commander can 'see' the enemy) causes the commander to open fire! This loses the advantage of surprise, causes the enemy to react and isn't what I want to happen.

Is there any way I can give an order to the commander when 'switched' to another player? The only way around this I've found is to put the commander out of line of sight of the enemy and 'place' him last.

Cheers.

yeah it's a known problem. It's best to leave the commander out of range/sight; then use team switch to move your guys around to good ambush positions. Then when they're all set, switch back to the commander and move up to the squad then give commands.

Thanks guys - thought it was just me being dumb. I think I'll bring in the commander last.

I haven't had any dramas with hold fire. I often do what you describe above (prepare for attack and have units 'hold fire' until in position and then order them all to unleash at once) and there are times when a unit will start shooting early but only if an enemy gets too close to them and they feel threatened. If I were in a war and was told to hold fire, I would obey, but if some mofo enemy came along and I thought he spotted me, I'd shoot the f^cker and apologise to my CO. I think it's realistic behaviour from the AI. Perhaps I've just not experienced what others are experiencing though.

Edited by doakwolf

Its definitly not,the command Hold Fire is senseless ATM cause its broken.Just in this moment it is annoying me so much again.Im about to drop my mission again cause i really cant work with that bug.....annoying

Discused 'til the very last bit here, no need to start the "omg its a bug!!!!" thing again.