Sign in to follow this  
Njayjay

Any fixes or mods that enable suppressive fire?

I'm getting tired of the lack of this feature. Is there any workaround or mod out there which makes the suppress command actually work?

Edited by Njayjay

Yeah, When the AI are behind cover and I am firing at them, They stay behind cover. When I stop to reload or fallback they start firing again.

It works the other way too (or at least it does online, I don't play single player). If a round comes close your vision will fade and your aim gets messed up.

It´s a feature available to the AI, however, sometimes it appears to be somewhat disconnected, or desynced, to the situation at hand, as it presents itself to the Player. The principle of fire& maneuver is defintely a tactic the AI can access and utilize, it's the process that leads to it's employment (i.e. situational awareness +threat assessment), and the resulting execution, that isn't always comprehensible or seem an appropriate measure.

he's talking about the suppress command you can give to the ai

it currently doesn't work

There was a script that had effective suppressive fire in ArmA1, maybe he'll port it into ArmA2?

I'm obviously talking about the suppress command, I've edited the the post now for those who need catching up.

Edited by Njayjay