Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

Nice a new version for CO i see, any Arma2-only versions still to come? Thx again mate !

Thanks for GITS Evolution Chernarus V32!

Misc issues & questions:

1 - After re-spawning, I have no green sight for my rifle and I am unable to fire or zoom to scope unless I first switch to my pistol and back to my rifle.

2 - After restoring a saved game, I am unable to bring up the support menu ("T" key) until after I have died and re-spawned at least once.

3 - Parameter menu options don't save and must be manually tweaked after each restore. Perhaps this is intentional since most servers are persistent, but it would be nice if they saved w/ the save game.

3 - Memory management - What methods are currently in place to keep the server from bogging down w/ wreckage and bodies? Are friendly/enemy bodies hidden/deleted after a certain time? Is there or could you consider adding an option for abandoned or wrecked vehicles to disappear after a few minutes?

I have played this map on many servers and I have yet to see any server 'finish' this map without bogging down and being forced to restart - usually after 4-7 towns are taken. The map always runs great at first, but definitely gets worse over time.

Cheers,

Navarre

hiya

1 - this is possibly because you are spawning with an M4. The M4 has a muzzle conflict (owing to the addition of an M203) which strangely does not affect other M203 weapons. I have looked at a fix for this before but it happens so rarely we don't worry about it.

Your current problem with the M4 can be solved by:

a) pressing F twice (fire mode) when you spawn - as the M4 muzzle bug has made you spawn with no muzzle value. Pressing F cycles your muzzles (single, full, m203, drop, throw)

b) changing weapon to an M16, SAW, sniper rifle etc while standing

c) avoiding changing weapons by placing your primary weapon (rifle) in the crate before taking another - just double click on the weapon you want while still holding the old weapon. AND avoid going to GEAR menu when STANDing and you are holding a non-primary weapon (rocket or pistol) as this saves the weapon as your PRIMARY in the loadoutrecorder script. Means you spawn with pistol in your hand...

Weapon tips: in evolution your weapon save is dependent on your stance (for a reason!). If you go to the ammo crate in standing mode then select GEAR, your loadout will be saved. If you do it in CROUCH it will not be saved. This means that if you find an enemy weapon in combat you can decide if you want it to be in your inventory on respawn by STANDing before taking it (to keep it), or CROUCHing to only use it temporarily.

so, avoid changing gear without a properprimary weapon equipped. beware the very well documented M4 bug.

2. I don't support the savegame feature - this was implemented by RazorCH who knows much more about it. However we did fix the T menu bug with a workaround - go to map, go to radio and then click Evo menu as an option and behold your T menu is back

3. Again I don't support savegame functionality sorry.

4. the bodies and wreckage is all deleted (except for the vehicles of enemies attacking the airbase). This is so we can make use of enemy vehicles occasionally. The init script and Evo_erec scripts control

a) the number of units (infantry and vehicles) that spawn in a city

b) the rate of reinforcement (which is partly randomised)

We have tweaked these right down to an optimum - early versions of evo had double the units and double calls for reinforcements meaning the server gor overloaded. you should find the server uns ok with our later evolution series.

At longlast we have reached an agreement with Armaholic to host the Evolution missions for Arma2 - as Kiljoy (original author) can no longer be contacted for permission, and because the mission is quite re-developed and for a different game.

The first cluster of missions we have released from our stable of 20 are the RACS versions for Duala, Sahrani and Fallujah

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14768

Nice to see that your great missions can now also be found on Armaholic. As you know we have been the proud host of EVO sinds the first days of Arma2 and will continue to do so in the future. But it seems there are some small bugs left in the Arma2-only version of EVO that crash the server about once day. Because it is still a very popular mission that is played by a dozen people each day on one or two of our servers and there is always an interval between the crash and the time the admin finds out about it and can restart it im still hoping for an updated version we can use soon. Any update would be nice and we can even provide an “test server†for any new available versions watched closely by the -=XTRA=-Crew. If your just back from your summer brake don’t hurry to much and enjoy the summer!

p.s.: maybe it was due to the server upgrade to Arma2 v1.10?

Edited by larsiano

maybe u can confirm the settings (parameters u us)?

It is usually on standard parameters with no changes sinds the players themselfs have to pick the mission everytime once a server is restarted. Were goin to do a test with the older versions just to make sure and keep you posted!

wit hthe RACS vewrsions we run, not too many public make it in, except a good gang of regulars, and its great - runs for a week to the end no problems. as soon as we put takistan unmodded evo on loads of public players pour in with their crappy mods on like ACE and JTD fire and smoke and break the server in less than an hour - this is probably whats happening to you - it's not the mission, it's the public bringing in their bad mods...