Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

I think its time to ACE this puppy;)

i remember seeing a lot about ACE in amra 1 but never tried it. dyslexci was a big fan. do you have a link for me to explore it?

I'm still fiddling with the evo of course - just put in a working AC130 camera mode script by GeneralCarver which is cool, but doesn't respawn properly in Evo - so working on it to make it respawn. We played it the other night and it was truly amazing. The pilot has vikhrs to keep enemy planes and choppers at bay and rockets and bombs to strafe enemy targets, while the operator has a camera mount with 105's, 20mm HE and a 7.62mm minigun to pound targets. Run my "ambush troop convoy" side mission with 2 guys in the 130, 1 guy flying shotgun in an F35 and a team on the ground (using the officer's recon respawn) to target (using marker smoke) and mop up the last remnants.... it's amazing seeing the rain of fire coming in just in front of you when you're on the ground... makes you laugh like a kid who's eaten too many sweets.

carpet1.jpg

oh and now we have a gold ak for the officer to play with lol

http://www.gitsclan.co.uk/forum/download/file.php?id=1229&mode=view

Edited by eggbeast

Very cool eggbeast. Thanks for sharing.

Now if only someone could come up with an AC130 gunship that looked more like the real deal. ;)

yeah i always wanted to remodel the DC3 in arma 1 Gueens Gambit with 2 miniguns and a 105 in the side of it - make it into puff the magic dragon...

woulda been good. someone did make a side mg version of the chinook...

I was wondering about the name of the mission:

Are the GITSEvolutionV.xx and EvoBlue missions one and the same (different vers.)? We are hosting the EvoBlue 4.0 right now and i think this was the latest version? What is the best place to check for your updated missions?

So its a different mission then EvoBlue?

Is it posible to get server crashes if you use the RKSL countermeasures mod on the server when we play this mission. It might be another mod though im not sure im trying to find whats wrong together with our server admin

Edited by larsiano
added RSKL question

There is a missile lock warning system in evo and rksl has one too so I usually got error messages untill I put //infront of evo warning script. Now its cool but I dont think I got crashes becouse of this. I know we got plenty of crashes due to ace though in A1. Thats another story.

So which where can I find the "easy" single player version? Should I run it in MP mode or SP?

our version is MP, but you can run it on your own pc as a lan or internet server and play it yourself.

update: we now have a working spetsnaz team that assaults the airbase periodically

spetz1.jpg

Nice :) You fixed the spawn problem, can i download it somewhere? Will the spetsnaz troops do alot of damage when your not home to gard the base?

If Evo does have missle lock detection it would be nice if it could be used? But maybe its just my lacke of nowledge on this subject!

Edited by larsiano

Nice :) You fixed the spawn problem, can i download it somewhere? Will the spetsnaz troops do alot of damage when your not home to gard the base?

If Evo does have missle lock detection it would be nice if it could be used? But maybe its just my lacke of nowledge on this subject!

It does have it for sure but - atleast in first version - it doesnt work very well. I think the script is from ArmA1 evo. There it worked perfectly but here, sometimes it works and sometimes not or you get missile warning when missile already hits you, etc. I think you get the point.

Btw eggbeast, how meny of them bugs you have to go? Nice job so far fixing the bugs. I tried one of the previous gits versions though and it was lagging like hell. I hope this one is better.

our version is MP, but you can run it on your own pc as a lan or internet server and play it yourself.

update: we now have a working spetsnaz team that assaults the airbase periodically

Ok I tried it but I couldn't buy any troops due to my rank. Then I couldn't really drive anything worthwhile due to my rank so it can take an hour to kill a unit and level up to what is required for driving some of the good stuff. I wish these MP maps were a little more SP friendly. I think you got the right idea with the mission parameters so one can choose how hard the AI is, the number of units etc, but right off the start, it's hard for a person playing solo as the target is often far away from the base and getting there takes time. And if you die, you have to do it all over again on your own until you can recruit a few men.

i have set the ranks to 6 points = colonel and everythuing is unlocked. easiest way to get this - go commander, press T and select assignments and CSAR (combat search and rescue) then respawn airfield and fly a UH60 out to 500m short of the target area. land and wheel menu down to "deploy recon HQ". this makes you a humvee MG that you can respawn at. engage the 8 troops at the yellow mission marker and kill them andyou're a colonel. if you die, at the LAV-HQ at spawn choose respawn RECON HQ and youre back at the mission location. remove your recon HQ when you're finished with the 8 hostiles. bring the doctor back to the helipad in the UH60. and you get another 10 points. you now have 18 points, 3x the points needed for colonel. and all in 10 mins work.

v16 is up now

- you can take the spec ops classes now - look much cooler

- I have reworked the towns to a better flow for vehicles to be moved from town to town (kinda like razor did only different cities): first city is lopatino, then vybor, grishino, gvozdno, krasnostav, khelm, berezhino, solnichniy, kamyshovo, elektrozavodsk and finally chernogorsk. this means that you can do seaborne assaults on kamyshovo and elektrozavodsk from the island base at skalisty. also i've repositioned the reinforcement points much further from the city to creat more chance to ambush them.

- enemy units also include insurgents: bmp2, 4x4 with dkshm, sandbagged mg nest, zu23 truck, zu23 static (can be a shock when 5 spawn and you fly over city thinking tunguskas are taken out!!), uaz mg, uaz SPG9, etc etc

- spetznaz assault is functional but haven't been able to see it work yet on server (just on my machine - weird, debugging)

main bugbears atm for me

- scoring system (BIS_EVO_Prew allocated to squad of player, not just player, so trying to rewrite with 2 routines, one for player and other for group e.g. support cost hits all players in squad (disabled it for now) and officer cap, tower takedown, city completion and sub-missions need group sharing of points...

- squads - when you join server often the list isn't updated so others can see you to join but you cant join the existing squad - weirs logic problem - cant work out why... something to do with spawn.sqf

- AC130 with sidemounted guns does not respawn

Edited by eggbeast

Had fun playing yesterday on your server. I was on there as "ERK". One thing I noticed is after we took Khelm, the next objective was named "AIRFIELD" which was a lumber yard between Khelm and Berezhino I think.

ah ok will check it out. thanks. sorry you got teamkilled by smokey earlier - he apologised to you but in side speak and as he'd tk'd i didnt see it and you probably didnt either (cos changing sides hides side chat) - anyway hope you have no hard feelings about it ok? he couldnt see your name or something so he shot u - we have a spetnaz assault on the airfiled though its rare, he thought it was that.

It's all good. I was testing weapons on the targets on the airfield when he shot me. I shot him in the foot after... just before I left to go eat! :yay:

wow i finally got the spetsnaz patrol working - now they ambush the airbase or mhq every 5-20 mins with 24 men in 2 trucks and 2 tanks/jeeps

and i paired all the planes and choppers - makes em more realistic

full update here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88124&page=3

Edited by eggbeast

Love the new version! Only a few suggestions though. It definitely needs some spawn protection. The group I was playing with all got spawn killed over and over when the Spetsnaz invaded right in the spawn area. It got to be a little frustrating after awhile. Also, maybe have the attacks less frequent. Other than that, we loved the mayhem!

lol yeah I forgot to turn off the debugging respawn timelimit (30 secs) respawn to what it is now operationally - 5 mins + random (15 mins), plus they now attack 50% of the time the MHQ and 50% of the time the airfield rather than 100% to the ammo crate spawn area...

Also I had disabled the check to see if the units were all dead, causing a huge pile-up on the spawn. This is all fixed now and can be downloaded here:

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/