Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

Weird.. check your RTP file. We tried it for several hours without any problems...

I updated the file. Now the Easy settings actually easier than Normal.

If you downloaded it yesterday, download it again.

I noticed that the MHQ no longer works and you can not Teleport to the FARPS, is this true? If so then I would recommend activating the Respawn Mobile Vehicle in Revive.

Just a thought.

Also you say it needs the Beta Patch but I was running it without it????

I noticed that the MHQ no longer works and you can not Teleport to the FARPS, is this true? If so then I would recommend activating the Respawn Mobile Vehicle in Revive.

Just a thought.

Also you say it needs the Beta Patch but I was running it without it????

Nope, they still work. But you need the Beta patch to play it...

MHQ works for me.

Really enjoyed playing it today .... although its a bit hardcore in SP mode :)

MHQ works for me.

Really enjoyed playing it today .... although its a bit hardcore in SP mode :)

Yeah, it is.. Maybe we should do Very Easy option as well.

Yeah, it is.. Maybe we should do Very Easy option as well.

Yes I edited your Easy WAY DOWN when you only have a few players or SP it is impossible to gain access to the Tower. Also it brings in Reinforcements why to fast, how do I slow that down?

Yes I edited your Easy WAY DOWN when you only have a few players or SP it is impossible to gain access to the Tower. Also it brings in Reinforcements why to fast, how do I slow that down?

yes I noticed that the reinforcements are coming very quickly. It must be something wrong with the variables. I have them set to 60 seconds for Easy... but it seems to happen instantly (it's in reinforce.sqf). I changed the scripts a bit... Will try it out tonight and upload it again if it works better.

yes I noticed that the reinforcements are coming very quickly. It must be something wrong with the variables. I have them set to 60 seconds for Easy... but it seems to happen instantly (it's in reinforce.sqf). I changed the scripts a bit... Will try it out tonight and upload it again if it works better.

Thanks, I tried it again on my Server this time with Beta, went very well and worked great. I will look at the reinforce.sqf also. If you can get it to slow down to the pace of Domination it would make for great game play and then move on.

:)

Was playing hardcore 3.7 just now, not too many players though, it eventually melted the server with soooo many enemy, I got an AV8 and flew over the town, ridiculous amounts of AI, then server went to hell. Maybe implement an AI cap, a high one, but a cap.

Edit: Seems the server was fine, my end went bad and crashed once I had spotted all the AI (via fly over) and could see them on the map, also when I get into any chopper/plane, really laggy for a bit, sometimes crashes, normally fine.

But still, a great edit, loving how they drive in and drop in rather than spawn in town.

Edited by Trauma.au

I had a game yesterday with Evolution and I still love how clean it is compared to the laggy Domination, but there does seem to be something wrong with the amount of AI... I mean there where no end to them. Just kept coming. Eventually it went so bad I had to drop just about everything and max out SMAW rounds because our team couldnt keep up with the amount of vehicles, lol! :D

I'm messing with the settings for 3.8 OOPS edit right now... Might be able to upload it tonight.

Yeah, you know it's bad when you drop a nuke and actually GAIN points from it.

I uploaded a new version of it (the same link).

I takes bit longer for the reinforcements on easy... 180 seconds instead of 60 (it's 30 in the original).

I also changed the way it uses variables to do the time check. I debugged it and the reinforce script now do wait this time before running a check. Still a whole lot of people but this should buy you some time.

Try it out.

I uploaded a new version of it (the same link).

I takes bit longer for the reinforcements on easy... 180 seconds instead of 60 (it's 30 in the original).

I also changed the way it uses variables to do the time check. I debugged it and the reinforce script now do wait this time before running a check. Still a whole lot of people but this should buy you some time.

Try it out.

Nice work, I will give it some time this weekend.

We're trying it out tonight.. I think I'll increase it even more for our test. Will keep you posted. With 10+ players and good teamplay this is no bigger problem. But it would be nice to have a challenging but beatable game for 2-4 players.

We did a test yesterday and had some really great results with the difficulty levels.

It seems it works better with base values set to the same as the actual groups.

I will try to edit it out a bit more and upload a version.

Edited by Tophe

We did a test yesterday and had some really great results with the difficulty levels.

It seems it works better with base values set to the same as the actual groups.

I will try to edit it out a bit more and upload a version.

Much appreciated Tophe! Yes a mission for 2-4 players would be great but I will edit your Easy settings as you described. Also look into integrating NORRIN's Mobile Respawn with HQ vehicle.

Just so everyone knows. There are some issues with the save function.

For the players the settings will start as default when joining a resumed game, but the host will have the settings as they were when saved. Also the marker for which town to take is set to the first town for JiP players on a resumed server.

I'm working on this problem. If you're used to play with default settings this is no issue for you though. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for continuing to work on the save game feature Tophe - we really like this option. Thanks also to RazorCH for his ongoing development. There are a few other issues that we would like to see addressed, in case RazorCH doesn't have them on his list of things to do:

The ability to save changed weapon loadouts for players (or are we missing something?) The ability to selectively drop individual AI players on a player-led squad (I did exchange emails on this with RazorCH but not sure if he exactly understood the request)

It would be really nice to go back to parachute deployed AI squad members. I expect this should eventually be fixed by BI but if you can come up with a work around for the issue of AI units getting injured or killed when deploying by parachute it would be great.

I have also noticed that some AI units "swim" on dry land when first spawned. Not sure if this is an A2 bug, Evo bug or related to one of the addons we are using (too numerous to list them all). It would be interesting to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

A fix for AI gunners in choppers going rogue and switching weapons on their own. Not sure if zGuba's chopper/gunner gameplay mods would help this but going to give them a try now that the new versions are out. Will post results back here when I have a chance.

Good points KaBoNG.

About the ability to save changed weapon loadouts for players (that's an issue introduced by me)... There was a conflict between the Revive script and the loadout scripts, that made players respawn with no weapons, old loadouts or no magazines. I had to disable the EVO loadouts and have the players respawn with what they had before they died (Norrins revive).

Will look into it.