Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

High Command Commander / Subordinate problems.

Can't quit get the Subordinate to work. According to the WiKi page it's turned off by default and you have to enter a string to set it to "true".

Question is , where do you enter the string (in the initialization line perhaps..that seems the most logical place) and do you have to enter the string for each subordinate module you create?

Usually I put it in the init field of every commander module I want to have the multi tier functionality:

this setvariable ["chainofcommand",true];

Just copy that line in and it'll work, needs to be in every HC Commander module.

The only thing is if you're a company commander and want to order an entire platoon and only have command over the platoon hq unit, he'll move his entire platoon onto your move order exactly and will form a giant platoon sized blob around a single spot.

Many thanks for clearing up BOTH of my problems. :)

Think I'll set my signature line to "Got a problem-read the friggin manual--oh wait --there isn't one is there ?" :D

Is there a way to get the High Command to pass over to your teamates when '1' has died and '2' has taken command (teamswitch)? I've tried just grouping all team members to the HC but no luck.

Ok, I've got a completely foolish question:

What exactly is the High Command module? What does it do?

I don't have the game yet, but I keep hearing this term thrown around. I tried to google it, but nothing really came up.

And as a side note: What's the difference between machinegunner and automatic rifleman?

HC module gives the player command, in an RTS kind of way, over other squads or groups, be it Infantry, Armour or Air.

AR is armed with a m249 saw (light MG) while a pure MG'er is armed with a heavier M240.

Thanks froggyluv.

So, in HC, it's more like a RTS? So do you control it down to the fire team size unit, or only the squads?

My problem is:

The mission started with a single suad and player is the commander of this single squad, but later he get more squads as a HC.

In the editor I put the starter squad and the HC and HC subordinate module. Syncron the HC to the player and the HC subordinate to the HC, but nobody syncron to the subordinate. But later I add the three other squad to the player with

player hcsetgroup [grp1,grp2,grp3];

It works fine. But a few minutes later I got error messages (in my arma2.exe the debug/error info is enable) to my screen continously a division by zero.

What could be the problem and how can I solve it?

Check hcSetGroup syntax again.

Sorry, it's my fault: of course I didn't use that code above, but this in bellow:

player hcSetGroup [grp1];
player hcSetGroup [grp2];
player hcSetGroup [grp3];

But the main problem is the division by zero, not the syntax. And it occured a few minutes after the gameplay.