Sign in to follow this  
JarmenKeLL

Space Project

Hi guys. My friend working on a space project. But we had some problems. He put a moon at 999.999 meters altitute. But it very small and we cant make it more big. We need more big moon but if we put big moon to game. It goes automatically. I dont know why. Can someone know how to put big objects in arma 2??

I'm not sure what the story is with ArmA2, but with ArmA 1 you couldn't really use objects bigger than about 65m across.

I suspect the same limitation is in ArmA2, because the LHD is made of about six separate sections...

To give you an idea - the bridge in my sig pic below is made of 19 separate pieces.

I dunno if he's still about but General Barron (Correct my spelling if you will) did a space mod back in the OFP days. If you can get hold of him, have a chat.

if there's going to be a spacemap, then i will add something to the addon request thread, namely the battlestar galactica stuff (otherwise it will be impossible to travel everywehere fast enough)

Yes I remember Barron's projects he did a space shuttle that would orbit above earth with an option for Launching, the shuttle sat on two rockets that would break off, then the shuttle would exit the atmosphere and then you could do a re-entry. It was great stuff for the time!

oh and these:

oh and these :)

viper2.jpg

and this lol , I get bored sometimes ....

Acacyn - OFP Tie Fighter :) My fav the Tie Interceptor, was my weapon of choice in a very old game xwing vs. tiefighter

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7fx0Qr9OI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG7fx0Qr9OI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

well well well, isn't this the cool one.

where do you get those fighters (not the ties, the other ones)? They look awesome but i can't find them anywhere.

The BSG Vipers were the work of Blazor, I just put them in game for him.

Not sure if he continued with the BSG mod, the Battleships were in game static objects, so you could make them appear to hover.

Pariso in Arma1 looked cool with a the Galactica sitting 500m above it :)