Sign in to follow this  
reserve

Naturesounds--Xam_environment(original author Snake2200) for ArmA2

First: this mod is not from me, it is only a part of Snake2200 Xam1.0b-mod

i don't know if its allowed to post this.

The author of the big and excellent Xam1.06b-mod(Snake2200) stops his work on this and i was not able to ask him for permission to edit his Xam_environment.pbo to work with ArmA2.(cause i don't know where to find him)

If someone knows where (Snake2200) is, please post it here.

I couldn't give much support for his mod, cause i am a scripting-noob.

I have only edited the soundscapes.sqs and the cfgsounds.hpp a little bit (logic,sound balancing)that it works with ArmA2.

Thanks to kju for pushing me into the right direction and also to (Snake2200 wherever he is)!

This addon gives you:

-excellent nature ambient-sounds

-churchbells with different distances

-different windsounds

-mornigbirds(excellent for europe),wulfs,owls,sparrows,larks,robins..etc.

-birds fleeing on shots

-i have tested it with sound of war and also vopsound with alpinestars-launcher priority high for xam_environment.

-only singleplayer tested

-no bisigns included

note: CBA is needed for this.

download:~16MB

http://www.fileuploadx.de/565794

readme included

ps:i have deleted the old downloadlink

Edited by Reserve

Its a tricky one seeing as you cant get hold of him ... hmm.

I would say you should comment in all config files in the PBO and also up the pbo with a readme stating the credits to the original author. Its one thing to not be able to ask, but then another to distribute a pbo with no credit to anything or install info.

Not sure what others would think though.

Thanks for sharing, nice to have some alternatives mind you. Not sure how Snake would see it hope you get a link to him soon.

No readme, nothing.

I guess that you should try all alternatives before releasing it. Contacting Placebo is one of them.

I have a mail account from him and i could try to send him a mail if you want. Anyways not sure he will check it.

If someone knows where (Snake2200) is, please post it here.

I have contacted snake about this (I have him on my MSN) and pointed him to this thread ;)

No readme, nothing.

I guess that you should try all alternatives before releasing it. Contacting Placebo is one of them.

I have a mail account from him and i could try to send him a mail if you want. Anyways not sure he will check it.

Sorry that i have done this, but i need days and lot of beer to find out what the problem was.

I am no modder and i think i dont want to be one (to difficult).

I thought it was a good idea to post my findings about this part of Snake's excellent mod for everyone to improve our ArmA2-feeling.

I have searched many forums for an alternative but couldn't find one.

I have posted in addons/discussions something but no one except kju could give me a hint. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=85321

Please apologize my dumb behavior.

Edited by Reserve

When i said alternatives i meant of contact him, sorry i didn't express so well.

Question time:

Is it multiplayer compatible(Client side)?

What the hell is CBA? Is it the same thing as the Extended Event Handler(s) was for ArmA?

Question time:

Is it multiplayer compatible(Client side)?

What the hell is CBA? Is it the same thing as the Extended Event Handler(s) was for ArmA?

Yup CBA contains the A2 version of XEH. There are other things included with it but you don't need to use those, necessarily.

Link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

@Reserve

Please check your PM's ;)

Really really cool! It is really reminiscent of S.T.A.L.K.E.R at night, very atmospheric and creepy. I keep waiting for a damn Bloodsucker to flash its eyes at me.

Thanks loads dude, stuff like this is what i love about playing this game.

Hi!

First of all, great sounds! Really like them! :)

But i get an script-error message every time the "birdfear-event" triggers (i'm using -showScriptErrors in my shortcut):

Error Undefined Variable in expression: amb_birdsfear

The sound is triggerd, but the message is a bit annoying. ;)

MfG, Medicus

Hi!

First of all, great sounds! Really like them! :)

But i get an script-error message every time the "birdfear-event" triggers (i'm using -showScriptErrors in my shortcut):

The sound is triggerd, but the message is a bit annoying. ;)

MfG, Medicus

I am sorry that i cant help you about this scripterror, cause i have only edited this addon minor to work with ArmA2.

Please contact the author "Snake2200" if some errors occur.

If you can live with this little error.....enjoy the ambiente....

I haven't had any script errors and I have a few mods running. I removed the ambient effects pbo's for VOP sound mod to use this, make sure you don't have any thing repeated such as another sound mods ambient effects (guess work).

Unless im mistaken are birds panicked from trees effects linked to gunfire? I keep noticing in forests if I fire more often than not you will hear this effects triggered and a few variations, really adds to immersion.

Theres about 3 sounds that stick out a bit odd level wise (one of them is the sound of a bee buzzing around you, on headphones it sounds like a Huuuuge bee is on the prowl LOL) but other than that this is a great addon to mix with sound mods, works realy well when using stealth and patrolling around forests with the ambients running, very nice.

Wow we are really getting into the fleeing birds theme now aren't we? 3 add-ons in just a few days are out... the sky is going to get full during some firefights :p

Will going to check this one out. :)

I haven't had any script errors and I have a few mods running. I removed the ambient effects pbo's for VOP sound mod to use this, make sure you don't have any thing repeated such as another sound mods ambient effects (guess work).

Unless im mistaken are birds panicked from trees effects linked to gunfire? I keep noticing in forests if I fire more often than not you will hear this effects triggered and a few variations, really adds to immersion.

Theres about 3 sounds that stick out a bit odd level wise (one of them is the sound of a bee buzzing around you, on headphones it sounds like a Huuuuge bee is on the prowl LOL) but other than that this is a great addon to mix with sound mods, works realy well when using stealth and patrolling around forests with the ambients running, very nice.

Hello mrcash2009,

i think its an easy for you to change the Buzz for yourself, else i must change it and relaese a new balanced one.(that take me hours ........joke)

Please excuse my bad english cause i am silly german guy:)

Edited by Reserve

No worries, wasn't a real complaint, I can live with it, just louder on headphones late at night it made me jump! ... waiting to see a fist sized bee pass by my optics :headphones2: :pet5:

Wow we are really getting into the fleeing birds theme now aren't we? 3 add-ons in just a few days are out... the sky is going to get full during some firefights :p

Will going to check this one out. :)

LOL tell me about it :D

No birds - ever - then, inside like a week 3 addons. What are the chances :D

SLX mod, which you can find in the Discussions forum and DMarkwick's which is hidden in his JTD_FireAndSmoke_v0.1 addOn which you can find in his signature in his post above yours.

It was DM's idea about a year ago, but Solus was the first to actually release it with the SLX mod for ArmA2... not sure how these are linked and if XAM always allready had it.

But the sky is filled now :P And the funny thing is, none of the 3 are stand alone all are extra features of a bigger package.

Apologies for bringing this old thread back to life but I discovered this ambient sound mod works great with a map we run but I also get the error message when the birds get startled..

It seems to relate to this portion of the script...If anyone can help me out i would be very grateful.

_Soldier = _this select 0

_ammo=_this select 4

_daytime = daytime

_BirdsSounds = ["AMB_BirdsFear1","AMB_BirdsFear2","AMB_BirdsFear3"]

? AMB_BirdsFear == 1 : exit

;// Conditions Validation

? vehicle player != player : exit

? _ammo == "SmokeShell" : exit

? _ammo == "SmokeShellRed" : exit

? _ammo == "SmokeShellGreen" : exit

? _ammo == "GrenadeHand" : exit

? _ammo == "GrenadeHandTimed" : exit

? _ammo == "PipeBomb" : exit

? _ammo == "TimeBomb" : exit

? _ammo == "Mine" : exit

? _ammo == "MineE" : exit

_daytime = daytime

? (_daytime > 4.0 && _daytime < 20.0) : playsound ( _BirdsSounds select floor(random(count _BirdsSounds)))

AMB_BirdsFear = 1

~30

AMB_BirdsFear = 0

exit

Do not dig up old threads, even if I can understand you problem. Before posting here, send the author of the thread or AddOn an PM. This'll be closed soon I'm afraid ;)

LJ

PS:

The sounds are named : "AMB_BirdsFear1","AMB_BirdsFear2","AMB_BirdsFe ar3" maybe this space in between e and a is the problem?

PPS:

Or it is the two "=" symbols at AMB_BirdsFear == 1 : exit

Edited by LordJarhead