Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

This really ticks me off..no information..

You're quit often told to use the "search" feature which is something I tend to do more and more now.

But two things really piss me off.

1) Threads titled "I need help"...with what for gods sake. Certainly doesn't help if you're trying to search for something and with umpteen pages to browse through I sure as hell aren't going to spend any time reading your post on the off chance you have the same problem as me.

worst ones of them all are...

"how do I do something or other"

replied later.. "NM - problem solved" .

Jeezus I was trying to resolve the same problem (otherwise I wouldn't be reading your damn thread). Since you bothered to come in and brag you solved the problem , would it be that much of an effort to at least friggin explain HOW so if others are searching , they'll get the answer to their query?

These types of posts should be slapped with a warning because they are absolutely useless.

*sigh*

if things like this wind you up i think you definitely need to get out more...

No they definitely used to annoy me as well, I just dont bother helping anyone that cannot help themselves. A description of the problem in the title is very important.

People that cannot be bothered to post the solution to the problem after asking for help are an irritation as well.

I think they should in circumstances such as this bring back flogging.

if things like this wind you up i think you definitely need to get out more...

Not really - haven't you noticed that lots of questions being asked are responded to with a "use the search next time"?

Well nothing like wasting your time trying to search for a solution only to be greeted with "NM - problem solved"

Use search next time.

hahahaha

this annoys me heaps aswell

/thread

What annoys me is, everytime i search, the top posts are always totally unrelated :p

It might be the domination thread, or a thread like this one :rolleyes:

I agree with almost everything on this thread.

Of course you might find a topic that relates to your question, and its full of really advanced stuff, or basic stuff, but the OP or replies assume one little piece of info that you are not aware of. This mainly relates to the editing & scripting section.

But if the question is asked right, (and possibly with proof of searching :o), the responses are not only helpful and instructive, but you tend to get a lot more - needed - info than you asked for.

Well most of the time I don't even read threads with such meaningful titles as "Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "How to make....".

If the threadstarter is not able to think a minute about a descriptive thread title - his bad, not mine - I just ignore them. :)

Warnings and infractions doesn't really help, I notice almost every day that people get infractions for the same thing over and over again. The best punishment is to ignore their theads and let them suffer. :p

Well most of the time I don't even read threads with such meaningful titles as "Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "How to make....".

If the threadstarter is not able to think a minute about a descriptive thread title - his bad, not mine - I just ignore them. :)

Warnings and infractions doesn't really help, I notice almost every day that people get infractions for the same thing over and over again. The best punishment is to ignore their theads and let them suffer. :p

Spot on with my thoughts.

Those that know me know I have a strange affliction/obsession with helping peoplem, but the moment I spot a title like that I laugh and think "well, I'm ignoring that thread"

But as Beerhunt's said, the most annoying of all are the threads that just read "NM, problem solved"

I've seen a couple of threads that have had a problem then had (solved) at the end of the description, then at the end of the last post there has been "I did this, this and this to solve the problem I was having", these posts warm my heart because someone was having problems, solved those problems and decided that they'd use their knowledge to help others. Unfortunately there's always people who put forward "Don't worry, solved the problem, not going to help anyone else solve it though"

QFT. I think at the moment we're just suffering from the obligatory shower of idiots that come with every new release (and thankfully go after a little while :p)

Great points. I do the same myself on other forums: a thread titled 'How do I...' gets completely ignored.

Do people do this because they think we can't resist clicking? How wrong are they!

Jeezus I was trying to resolve the same problem (otherwise I wouldn't be reading your damn thread). Since you bothered to come in and brag you solved the problem , would it be that much of an effort to at least friggin explain HOW so if others are searching , they'll get the answer to their query?

how about a simple reply to that thread. "how did you solve it"

how about a simple reply to that thread. "how did you solve it"

Because odds are after he's solved the problem he's not going to bother revisiting his thread.

Suppose a PM would work though. :rolleyes: